The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:56 AM
Reaction score
Do you (or anyone) have any information on how to get an order transferred to Rusnak from Kuhn? I also had a great experience with Dave at Kuhn, but it's a little disconcerting to have that vaporize without any notification or sense of what to do next.
Contact Ineos directly, they should have reassigned you (or in the process of) to one of the SoCal dealers

PilotMike

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
5:56 AM
Reaction score
Do you (or anyone) have any information on how to get an order transferred to Rusnak from Kuhn? I also had a great experience with Dave at Kuhn, but it's a little disconcerting to have that vaporize without any notification or sense of what to do next.
I received a call from Ineos, stating that my dealer changed to Sierra in Irvine. You can call Ineos and they should be able to tell you. When were you expecting yours? Ineos :833-494-4748

sj24k

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Sadly, I don’t really have interest in being “reassigned” to a dealer that’s 6+ hours from my home. Delivery is one thing, but the prospects of having no local resource for service or any issues that may arise is just not something I want to deal with.

Ineos customer service hasn’t exactly built my confidence either. Each attempt I’ve made to get clarity since Kuhn vanished has been met with some variation of “someone will get back to you soon,” followed by radio silence.

Early adoption with a trusted local dealer/partner is one thing, but until Ineos gets their act together (and a legit NorCal presence) I’m most likely a pass.

Stereo

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am a first wave Kuhn transfer to SoCAL member and I finally received my IG on Tuesday, January 6th. My IG was at port since November 8th. All of the questions, concerns, frustrations, raised in this thread are justified and I have been through it as well.

There is a new wave of Kuhn IGs arriving to port and you all are obvioulsy having the same questions/concerns all of us first wave Kuhn customers had and we are happy to provide our insight. Feel free to ask your question here and one of us will respond, or if you prefer a more private communication with insider info on the situation, join the NorCAL Grenadier FB Group and ask your questions there.

sj24k

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I am a first wave Kuhn transfer to SoCAL member and I finally received my IG on Tuesday, January 6th. My IG was at port since November 8th. All of the questions, concerns, frustrations, raised in this thread are justified and I have been through it as well.

There is a new wave of Kuhn IGs arriving to port and you all are obvioulsy having the same questions/concerns all of us first wave Kuhn customers had and we are happy to provide our insight. Feel free to ask your question here and one of us will respond, or if you prefer a more private communication with insider info on the situation, join the NorCAL Grenadier FB Group and ask your questions there.
thanks for the offer. i'll be most interested to see how the next few months go for the "first wave," and whether or not Ineos makes an effort to set up shop "locally" at some point. my hope is for smooth sailing all around!

PilotMike

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Is yours the Donny Grey I saw on a trailer headed to Sacramento a couple days ago?

PilotMike

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yep that was mine! I'm in Fair Oaks.
That driver had dropped a Magic Mushroom in Carmel Valley early Tuesday morning. I took this photo at 7:05am, can't see yours behind the MM though.

Attachments

• IMG_1870.jpg
    IMG_1870.jpg
    386.6 KB · Views: 28
Local time
Reaction score
Hi. Joined this forum awhile ago but been mostly using the FB group so this is my 2nd post. I found this thread because I'm going through the brain gnashing this week as Amanda from Ineos (the 833 phone number) called me this week letting me know my vehicle will be here end of January/early Feb. I was ready with my questions and she only wanted to know if I wanted to have my vehicle delivered or sent to Rusnak in Pasadena. I ordered my Grenadier knowing Redwood City was 40 minutes away and Dave Fitzpatrick was awesome going back and forth with as well . The test drive I had last fall was great too. I'm adding that I'm super frustrated that INEOS can't give us any rough guidance on when a new NorCal dealer will be put in place. I called Rusnak today and they didn't have any information but the guy I talked to on the phone was useful. It sounds like first service is 12,000 for an oil change (if you want to wait that long). The only major issue would be software updates and the guy at Rusnak said only those can be done at dealer (at the moment, he did say there might be an OTA option at some point). It's not going to be my primary vehicle (we have another SUV my wife drives and an EV) so I can probably get by if the new dealer isn't ready for up to 6 months but I don't want to drive down to Pasadena for software updates and other issues, for sure. And I talked to the wife today and she's rolling her eyes on me flying one way to Pasadena only to drive 5-6 hours back to the Bay Area but she didn't block it. By the way, the guy at Rusnak said I don't have to make a decision now. I can wait for the vehicle to arrive but I'm leaning towards flying down because I want a proper walk through of the vehicle with someone next to me. What a mess.

PilotMike

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi. Joined this forum awhile ago but been mostly using the FB group so this is my 2nd post. I found this thread because I'm going through the brain gnashing this week as Amanda from Ineos (the 833 phone number) called me this week letting me know my vehicle will be here end of January/early Feb. I was ready with my questions and she only wanted to know if I wanted to have my vehicle delivered or sent to Rusnak in Pasadena. I ordered my Grenadier knowing Redwood City was 40 minutes away and Dave Fitzpatrick was awesome going back and forth with as well . The test drive I had last fall was great too. I'm adding that I'm super frustrated that INEOS can't give us any rough guidance on when a new NorCal dealer will be put in place. I called Rusnak today and they didn't have any information but the guy I talked to on the phone was useful. It sounds like first service is 12,000 for an oil change (if you want to wait that long). The only major issue would be software updates and the guy at Rusnak said only those can be done at dealer (at the moment, he did say there might be an OTA option at some point). It's not going to be my primary vehicle (we have another SUV my wife drives and an EV) so I can probably get by if the new dealer isn't ready for up to 6 months but I don't want to drive down to Pasadena for software updates and other issues, for sure. And I talked to the wife today and she's rolling her eyes on me flying one way to Pasadena only to drive 5-6 hours back to the Bay Area but she didn't block it. By the way, the guy at Rusnak said I don't have to make a decision now. I can wait for the vehicle to arrive but I'm leaning towards flying down because I want a proper walk through of the vehicle with someone next to me. What a mess.
I totally understand the frustration. I almost bailed on mine. It had been at the port since 11/8. Kuhn said I should have it before Christmas, flew down when it was ready on 1/25. What are the specs on your build? I picked mine up at Sierra in Irvine, great experience with Sierra.

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Sucks for all of you. Here on the opposite coast in New England our assigned dealer (in MA) still cannot sell vehicles due to licensing issues. They believe that they will be able to start selling on Feb. 19th.

My spec arrived in port early November. I ended up purchasing a different build from the CT dealer. I asked Ineos Americas and a Ineos UK contact Inquiring about transferring my build to CT and was told they can’t change dealers once they leave port…I would still be waiting had I not decided to purchase elsewhere.

Very frustrating knowing your vehicle is available yet you can’t pick it up yet it seems you are “punished” just because of your location. Hopefully all of you can find one at another dealer or have a good experience at your newly assigned dealer

roadfever

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:56 AM
Reaction score
I'll throw out that the software updates don't seem to be a frequent item requiring immediate service and would be at the bottom of my concern list. Almost all of the bugs are worked out (except for whatever needs to be done with the ADAS system!) so yours should be delivered with very minimal to no software issues. Regular maintenance/servicing concerns would be understandable though. All just my 2c.

Local time
Reaction score
@AngusMacG : Wow, your experience sounds similar to ours. How far is the CT dealer from your house? Frustrating but how has it been so far?

@PilotMike : It sounds like you just get assigned a dealer in SoCal, correct? You didn't have a choice in picking yours up in Irvine did you? My specs aren't complicated: Fieldmaster station wagon, Shale Blue, contrast roof, Class III 2" NAS Tow Hitch, tailgate table for cargo inside, safari windows, side runners. Are the side runners an accessory install that have to happen at the dealer?

@roadfever : The guy I spoke to at INEOS Pasadena said I could take it to any shop for regular maintenance. I'd prefer to take to INEOS but I imagine a local shop that does BMWs and other vehicles would suffice. It's the major repairs that can only be done by INEOS that freak me out (and I'm still bugged about the software updates being 6 hour drive away).

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Are the side runners an accessory install that have to happen at the dealer?
Yes; or you could put them on yourself

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@AngusMacG : Wow, your experience sounds similar to ours. How far is the CT dealer from your house? Frustrating but how has it been so far?

@PilotMike : It sounds like you just get assigned a dealer in SoCal, correct? You didn't have a choice in picking yours up in Irvine did you? My specs aren't complicated: Fieldmaster station wagon, Shale Blue, contrast roof, Class III 2" NAS Tow Hitch, tailgate table for cargo inside, safari windows, side runners. Are the side runners an accessory install that have to happen at the dealer?

@roadfever : The guy I spoke to at INEOS Pasadena said I could take it to any shop for regular maintenance. I'd prefer to take to INEOS but I imagine a local shop that does BMWs and other vehicles would suffice. It's the major repairs that can only be done by INEOS that freak me out (and I'm still bugged about the software updates being 6 hour drive away).
Luckily it is only a 2 hour drive...I'm hoping to be able to service at the MA dealer but who knows if I will be able to or not...

Stereo

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That driver had dropped a Magic Mushroom in Carmel Valley early Tuesday morning. I took this photo at 7:05am, can't see yours behind the MM though.
Thanks so much for the photo. Keeping that for the archives.

PilotMike

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Ineos called sometime in December letting me know my G would be delivered to Sierra in Irvine. I probably could have had it delivered to Rusnak. They would have delivered it for free but that was going to take up to 2 weeks. Luckily I have a friend that was flying to So Cal, so jumped on his plane.

carlg007

Contract Signed
Local time
Reaction score
Sadly, I don’t really have interest in being “reassigned” to a dealer that’s 6+ hours from my home. Delivery is one thing, but the prospects of having no local resource for service or any issues that may arise is just not something I want to deal with.

Ineos customer service hasn’t exactly built my confidence either. Each attempt I’ve made to get clarity since Kuhn vanished has been met with some variation of “someone will get back to you soon,” followed by radio silence.

Early adoption with a trusted local dealer/partner is one thing, but until Ineos gets their act together (and a legit NorCal presence) I’m most likely a pass.
You are a smart man! This is very sad but you must live in the land of "REALITY".

northshoreboarder

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Just adding to everyone here. I unfortunately just found out Kuhn's was no longer in business yesterday. I called to check on my vehicle and it has just finished production. They told me via email they can't guarantee which dealer in SoCal my vehicle will get to and they can't give me any more information on when/where my vehicle will arrive. This is pretty nuts.

Does anyone know how long it takes from production to get transported and land on a dealer lot? If any dealers see this message, can you see which vehicles are allocated to you?

PilotMike

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just adding to everyone here. I unfortunately just found out Kuhn's was no longer in business yesterday. I called to check on my vehicle and it has just finished production. They told me via email they can't guarantee which dealer in SoCal my vehicle will get to and they can't give me any more information on when/where my vehicle will arrive. This is pretty nuts.

Does anyone know how long it takes from production to get transported and land on a dealer lot? If any dealers see this message, can you see which vehicles are allocated to you
The ship mine was on left Zeebrugge Belgium on 10/4/23 and arrived on 11/7/23 at Port Hueneme-Oxnard CA. 34 days on the ship and then 77 more days until it was ready to pickup on 1/24/24. What is your VIN number?

Back
Top Bottom