The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

PilotMike

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
3:00 AM
Reaction score
Anyone has the scoop on what happened to our NorCal dealer?
No, just that they are no longer a dealer. I thought it was odd that Ineos would go with a new, stand alone dealer for Nor Cal. I'll bet any new Nor Cal dealer will be part of an existing dealership.

sj24k

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone has the scoop on what happened to our NorCal dealer?
i just got off the phone with Ineos Customer service. i was given the number in a form email reply when i reached out to kuhn to check on status of the dealership. the agent i spoke with was unable to provide me with any information beyond what's already been posted on this forum. they are not currently operating and some of their customers have made arrangements to take delivery from other dealerships. she was unable to give me anything beyond that. nothing specific about future of kuhn or norcal region. she was going to have someone contact me regarding my specific order (which she couldn't locate because it was placed through the dealer and not the website). for what it's worth, if you do a google search for kuhn ineos grenadier, it now says "permanently closed." might be keeping my defender 110 a little longer or start sourcing a g550. fortunately i'm not in a rush.

C64_forever

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
i just got off the phone with Ineos Customer service. i was given the number in a form email reply when i reached out to kuhn to check on status of the dealership. the agent i spoke with was unable to provide me with any information beyond what's already been posted on this forum. they are not currently operating and some of their customers have made arrangements to take delivery from other dealerships. she was unable to give me anything beyond that. nothing specific about future of kuhn or norcal region. she was going to have someone contact me regarding my specific order (which she couldn't locate because it was placed through the dealer and not the website). for what it's worth, if you do a google search for kuhn ineos grenadier, it now says "permanently closed." might be keeping my defender 110 a little longer or start sourcing a g550. fortunately i'm not in a rush.
Sigh. Same for me, I will start looking at another options. Thinking of a Defender 130. My wife *might* have reluctantly supported the purchase of the Grenadier from a NorCal dealer but would absolutely pull the plug on the idea of purchasing from a dealer 7 hours aways. Bummer.

sj24k

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Sigh. Same for me, I will start looking at another options. Thinking of a Defender 130. My wife *might* have reluctantly supported the purchase of the Grenadier from a NorCal dealer but would absolutely pull the plug on the idea of purchasing from a dealer 7 hours aways. Bummer.
yeah, it's gonna be a tough call as to whether to proceed or not. compounding my concerns about lack of local dealer/service is the fact that Ineos customer service doesn't seem interested in returning my calls or following up with me (despite assuring me several times that "someone will email or call you later today.") We'll see...

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:00 AM
Reaction score
I’m just waiting for someone on here to remake the Whitesnake “Here I Go Again” music video with the Grenadier. 😅

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:00 AM
Reaction score
I’m just waiting for someone on here to remake the Whitesnake “Here I Go Again” music video with the Grenadier. 😅
I'm sure the Grenadier hood/bonnet is tough enough for some Tawny Kitaen action. If you know...

PilotMike

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Nice! How was your drive home?
Not the ideal drive back. Left Irvine at 7:00pm, 5 hours to home. Totally reminds me of why I don't live in the LA area. New vehicle, at night with tons of traffic. It did not take long to feel comfortable though. I am used to things driving like a truck, have had 13 Jeeps. Feels heavy, which it is. Power is adequate.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
Not the ideal drive back. Left Irvine at 7:00pm, 5 hours to home. Totally reminds me of why I don't live in the LA area. New vehicle, at night with tons of traffic. It did not take long to feel comfortable though. I am used to things driving like a truck, have had 13 Jeeps. Feels heavy, which it is. Power is adequate.
If I'd have known you could have swung by my place for a break and a cup of tea on your way back.

sj24k

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Perfect delivery. Matthew and Chris were excellent, no issues!
I’m curious what Ineos has told you or arranged regarding what you do should you need any service or require any work, recalls, updates, etc. to be done now that your “home” dealer is 350 miles away. I understand everyone’s tolerance for this is different, and many signed on knowing this would be the case. But I’m curious what Ineos is saying/offering for those who were moved to a dealer much farther away than originally expected. I’ve got the same question into Ineos, but curious what you’ve been told. Thanks!

PilotMike

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’m curious what Ineos has told you or arranged regarding what you do should you need any service or require any work, recalls, updates, etc. to be done now that your “home” dealer is 350 miles away. I understand everyone’s tolerance for this is different, and many signed on knowing this would be the case. But I’m curious what Ineos is saying/offering for those who were moved to a dealer much farther away than originally expected. I’ve got the same question into Ineos, but curious what you’ve been told. Thanks!
Until Ineos opens a Nor Cal dealership, we are going to have to travel south for any dealer involved services. Rumor has it there will be a Bay Area dealership within 6 months.

sj24k

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Until Ineos opens a Nor Cal dealership, we are going to have to travel south for any dealer involved services. Rumor has it there will be a Bay Area dealership within 6 months.
yeah, that seems consistent with what i've heard. not ideal of course. a few months back there was talk of "mobile service" options, and "dealer transport" for vehicles that weren't driveable etc. obviously hope nothing like that is needed.

here's to everything staying "routine" and easy for you and others in similar situations. just another one of the joys of early adoption.

TahoeGren

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I‘m hopeful for this. Sad to see that the Redwood City dealership fell through. Explains why I didn’t get any reply or call back from Kuhn. Weird that Ineos still shows Kuhn as a dealer. I ended up ordering from Rusnak.

Local time
Reaction score
I‘m hopeful for this. Sad to see that the Redwood City dealership fell through. Explains why I didn’t get any reply or call back from Kuhn. Weird that Ineos still shows Kuhn as a dealer. I ended up ordering from Rusnak.
Do you (or anyone) have any information on how to get an order transferred to Rusnak from Kuhn? I also had a great experience with Dave at Kuhn, but it's a little disconcerting to have that vaporize without any notification or sense of what to do next.

Back
Top Bottom