The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

PilotMike

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
12:05 AM
Reaction score
I received a phone call Tuesday night 12/19 from Ineos. The woman told me that there unfortunately will not be delivering Grenadiers to Kuhn. She told me my dealer will now change to Sierra in Irvine, CA. And the Grenadier would be delivered to me free of charge. This dealer is 375 miles south of me. She also told me they are working on another Nor Cal dealer in 2024.
She told me that I could expect delivery in January. Was previously told before Christmas from Kuhn. Anyone know what happened?

moosetown

Production/Transit
Local time
2:05 AM
Reaction score
I received a phone call Tuesday night 12/19 from Ineos. The woman told me that there unfortunately will not be delivering Grenadiers to Kuhn. She told me my dealer will now change to Sierra in Irvine, CA. And the Grenadier would be delivered to me free of charge. This dealer is 375 miles south of me. She also told me they are working on another Nor Cal dealer in 2024.
She told me that I could expect delivery in January. Was previously told before Christmas from Kuhn. Anyone know what happened?
I asked Dave at Kuhn about it yesterday. The dealership just isn't ready to deliver orders for reasons beyond their control. I just wish for better communication as I am in Irvine now but heading back to the bay soon.

Stereo

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

I received the same call. I like everyone over at Kuhn and wish it would have worked out but I also appreciate Ineos making it right.

S52

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Wow this is news to me... I placed an order with Kuhn back in November. Not slated for delivery until Q3 2024. It would have been nice for them to reach out to everyone with an update on whats going on. I had spoken with Kelly on the phone and did the test Drive with Dave. They were all great folks to chat and work with. Hopefully the replacement dealer is somewhere in the Bay.

PilotMike

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The communication could have been better on this delay. My G arrived 11/6 at Port Hueneme.
Was planning on trading in a couple vehicles with Kuhn. Now with a dealer almost 400 miles away, I am going to have to do something different. I was in front of the line and now has been pushed back probably a month at least. This is not a good way to do business IMO. Business is business, and someone didn't do their homework on this.

SFGrenny

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The communication could have been better on this delay. My G arrived 11/6 at Port Hueneme.
Was planning on trading in a couple vehicles with Kuhn. Now with a dealer almost 400 miles away, I am going to have to do something different. I was in front of the line and now has been pushed back probably a month at least. This is not a good way to do business IMO. Business is business, and someone didn't do their homework on this.
Couldn't agree more @PilotMike. In same situation, G was on Morning Chant delivered to Port Hueneme 11/7. Received note from Ineos that it had cleared QC on 11/22. Was told to expect delivery first week of December. Executed sale of existing vehicle. Now pushed back to end of line. Was told by Ineos today ETA was end of January; 6+ weeks. G being re-routed to a dealer of their choice (BTW not the closest) AND they couldn't provide assurance that there would NOT be a negative economic impact? Pretty much take it or leave it.

parb

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Weird, I haven't heard anything. I'm supposed to get my car in March from kuhn redwood City.

I can't imagine going all the way to Irvine for service.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:05 AM
Reaction score
...G being re-routed to a dealer of their choice (BTW not the closest) AND they couldn't provide assurance that there would NOT be a negative economic impact? Pretty much take it or leave it.
As in, the new dealer might choose to add a dealer markup?

That could prove for some really nasty undesired PR and I think lots of folks here who would help shout it from the mountaintops!

Reactions: S52

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
As in, the new dealer might choose to add a dealer markup?

That could prove for some really nasty undesired PR and I think lots of folks here who would help shout it from the mountaintops!
Ineos USA has never been able to provide any purchaser or reservation holder that their dealer would not apply a market adjustment.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ineos USA has never been able to provide any purchaser or reservation holder that their dealer would not apply a market adjustment.

I'm well aware of this, however I have not heard of any pre-order holder who has been asked/expected to pay anything above MSRP. So, if that was the expectation to the customer from dealer A, who then had to shift gears to another dealer, it would a rather dicky thing to do. Moreover, it becomes worse that customer has no say in the matter, since other dealerships will honor that agreement.

Last edited:

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I didn't get the impression that either dealer was actually asking for anything over MSRP, just that he wanted corp to guarantee they wouldn't.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I didn't get the impression that either dealer was actually asking for anything over MSRP, just that he wanted corp to guarantee they wouldn't.
The way I read this " they couldn't provide assurance that there would NOT be a negative economic impact" made it seem like whoever made the statement (couldn't tell if it was IA, the old dealer, or the future one) was teeing up an "adjustment" fee. For everyone's sake, I hope that is not the case!

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The way I read this " they couldn't provide assurance that there would NOT be a negative economic impact" made it seem like whoever made the statement (couldn't tell if it was IA, the old dealer, or the future one) was teeing up an "adjustment" fee. For everyone's sake, I hope that is not the case!

OP can clarify who they are. My read is IA USA based on "they" rerouted - that, imo, is a MFGR move, not dealership.

Time will tell.

sj24k

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
From my understanding the rerouted vehicles will have no extra fees and are being offered free shipping to our homes.
Hope this works out for you (and others in same situation). I guess my concern would be what happens when / if the truck needs to go in for service and/or parts and the closest dealer is 400 miles away. I’m keeping my fingers crossed they get it all sorted in the coming months. Ah, the joys of early adoption…

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hope this works out for you (and others in same situation). I guess my concern would be what happens when / if the truck needs to go in for service and/or parts and the closest dealer is 400 miles away. I’m keeping my fingers crossed they get it all sorted in the coming months. Ah, the joys of early adoption…
The closest dealer being 400 miles away would still put you substantially closer to a dealer than many other parts of the country

SFGrenny

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I received the same call. I like everyone over at Kuhn and wish it would have worked out but I also appreciate Ineos making it right.

From my understanding the rerouted vehicles will have no extra fees and are being offered free shipping to our homes.
@moosetown Indeed this would be fair if accurate. Has Ineos provided you this assurance?

As a matter of basic prudence, I asked these specific questions and was told that they could not.

Q: I understand situations change and you are now indicating that my vehicle will be delivered by Dealer B instead of Dealer A. Dealer A had provided written assurance that they would honor MSRP. Will Dealer B also honor MSRP? Will there be any other out of pocket differences between Dealer A and Dealer B e.g. documentation fees etc. (which can vary wildly and are 100% margin)?

A: Expect Dealer B to honor MSRP. Don’t know about other potential fee differences.

Q: Understood, if I wish to choose a different dealer i.e. Dealer C or Dealer D because: a) they are geographical closer to me by ~100miles or, b) because they can provide me the assurances that there will be no “out of pocket” differences, is that possible?

A: Yes, you may choose a different dealer than Dealer B, however, if you do so, you are now responsible for the cost of delivery and/or pickup of the vehicle AND in doing so, this may further extend the delivery window.
_____

The apologists and fanboys can jump in that “no one was assured MSRP” or just be glad “other order holders have dealers farther than 400 miles” Indeed, this is entirely accurate, but only demonstrates a clear lack of understanding of basic business acumen or good faith business practices.

As @PilotMike noted, to which I concurred with in my note, this is an unforced comms the business practice error.

Having worked in real start-up environments (not the captive arm of a $60B Rev global conglomerate), indeed truly unexpected changes or external factors beyond one’s control can come up.

That appears NOT to be the case here. There appears to have been know (substantial) risks which could have been controlled through basic mitigation planning with commiserate customer outreach.

Instead, order holders were guided with unrealistic expectations followed by a corporate take it or leave “fix”.

For those keeping score. Order holders were provided UNSOLICITATED guidance to expect deliver in early December i.e. vehicles had cleared QC at the port, and those with hitch retrofits had been completed. The only remaining step was transport from port to dealer.

After several weeks, the next communication provided was that the vehicle is going to being re-routed to a different dealer, (in my case not even the closest dealer). As a result, this may or may not cost me more. Ineos won’t provide assurance that it won’t. And, if I would like to take delivery from a different dealer because a) is it physically closer to me or b) it may be more competitive, than I am on the hook for the NEWLY INTRODUCED transportation costs.

SFGrenny

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'm well aware of this, however I have not heard of any pre-order holder who has been asked/expected to pay anything above MSRP. So, if that was the expectation to the customer from dealer A, who then had to shift gears to another dealer, it would a rather dicky thing to do. Moreover, it becomes worse that customer has no say in the matter, since other dealerships will honor that agreement.
100%

Back
Top Bottom