The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:18 AM
Reaction score
@moosetown Indeed this would be fair if accurate. Has Ineos provided you this assurance?

The apologists and fanboys can jump in that “no one was assured MSRP

Its not about being an apologist or fanboy - you are asking the questions of the wrong party.

INEOS Automotive US cannot make an assertion regarding the price that a DEALER will sell the car at - but the DEALER can.

Ask your price question of the dealer.

SFGrenny

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:18 AM
Reaction score
Its not about being an apologist or fanboy - you are asking the questions of the wrong party.

INEOS Automotive US cannot make an assertion regarding the price that a DEALER will sell the car at - but the DEALER can.

Hence the reason I asked Ineos if I could choose Dealer C or Dealer D.

Indeed, if Ineos had indicated that they would be flexible in re-routing to a dealer of my choosing because that new dealer would honor the terms of my existing agreement, then that would be a satisfactory solution.

Instead, Ineos has made it compulsory that I take delivery via the new dealer of their choosing. If I do not do so, I am subject to newly introduced (and material) transportation costs.

It would seem this would be an easily anticipated question that any prudent buyer would ask of Ineos i.e. is this going to cost me more?

Had their response been, we can’t dictate pricing due to US regulations, but own intention is not to introduce any new costs. Furthermore, just as you (mr customer) selected your desired dealer when placing the order, you may now choose a “replacement” dealer. Then certainly, this would be more palatable.

Instead, their response is, Mr customer: here is your new dealer. It is going take 6 weeks longer and may cost you more. BTW if you don’t go with our replacement dealer, it is going to take even longer AND now you have the additional costs of flying down to pick up the vehicle or having it transported.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I feel your frustration, and I can totally understand that you are annoyed about being delayed, but I think most of your concerns can be mitigated by talking to the new dealer.

Also, its "unsolicited", not UNSOLICITATED

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I just find that INEOS seems to be making things up as they go…Yes, I understand it’s a new company with ”growing pains”.

It appears that in this situation INEOS is making an effort to change dealers after vehicles have arrived in the US. Not sure what the reason for the change is but when I ask INEOS US and INEOS UK to change my dealer I am told that they can’t change the assigned dealer after it arrives in the US. This mixed messaging does not provide much confidence that INEOS can really run an auto manufacturing business.

moosetown

Production/Transit
Local time
3:18 AM
Reaction score

I asked the dealer today.

RobHallieSage

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
We're on the move!!! :) Thanks to Dave @ Kuhn, Redwood City and Kelly & Amanda @ UK Ineos Customer Service = we have transferred our delivery to Rusnak @ Pasadena. SoCal pick-up or shipping on up to NorCal is in the making. Happy Holidays and Merry Merry to you all X O California

RobHallieSage

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I asked Dave at Kuhn about it yesterday. The dealership just isn't ready to deliver orders for reasons beyond their control. I just wish for better communication as I am in Irvine now but heading back to the bay soon.
Same! Remember all, patience is a virtue we could all have more of ... and good things come to those of us who wait. Merry Merry!!!

parb

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Ineos USA has never been able to provide any purchaser or reservation holder that their dealer would not apply a market adjustment.
I don't think they legally can do that without being at risk of angering the FTC and risking getting into hot water over price fixing rules.

Over to regular programming. I really like Dave at kuhn, he comes across as a sincere professional to me. Quick to answer my questions and comes across as a decent human being (i was there when they had issues with the gym guys refusing to move out).

I really like the idea of having a dealer relatively close by. I hope whatever is holding Kuhn back from organizing deliveries will be resolved by the time my delivery happens. Dave and Team Kuhn, let me know if i can do anything to help you out!

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I don't think they legally can do that without being at risk of angering the FTC and risking getting into hot water over price fixing rules.

Which.is precisely my point

moosetown

Production/Transit
Local time
3:18 AM
Reaction score
That’s where I’m at. Seeing other markets so much further along is frustrating. But keeping fingers crossed we have strong presence in NorCal.
I talked to one of so cal dealer managers while I was there for Christmas. Northern California has a really high volume of orders and they implied they will definitely want a dealer there.

RobHallieSage

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Has anyone from the Kuhn family received their vehicles from a SoCal dealer yet?
I believe I'm 1 of the 55 being "re-routed" ... Dave & Kuhn have been with us every step of the way!
Rusnak in Pasadena has been my "parent by adoption" - thank you Derek.
Has anyone been able to confirm with UK Customer Services that their Grenadier's VIN # is in the SoCal port and an ETA on transport to the Dealer?
It would be great if the two (2) systems i.e., production, transport, dealer sale talked to one another - for the good of customer service.
Again, my wish for 2024 is that Dave & I shake hands in Redwood City as Hallie & I are sporting in our IGMM. Cheerio!!!

2wheelfish

Production/Transit
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ok, very unfortunate and crappy that Ineos has chosen to make alternative dealer arrangements, but I think there has been a little aggressive assumptions about what might happen. Just want to say, the people, and especially the GM, Matt at Sierra Ineos, appears to be a really stand up guy and he has gone out of his way to help me and be very transparent. I haven’t taken delivery yet, but I wouldn’t hesitate in doing business with Sierra based on my dealings with them so far FWIW.

parb

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I have no reasons to believe Sierra or any of the alternate dealers are anything but great. I just wish they where closer to my home....

Dave from kuhn in redwood City has been a pleasure to deal with so far. Nothing but good wishes to all the dealers!

RobHallieSage

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Ineos customer services in the UK has confirmed my build is here in the US / port. The folks at Rusnak in Pasadena (transferred from Kuhn) are waiting for visibility and delivery. Long answer. Short answer, no ... from me!

sj24k

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Ineos customer services in the UK has confirmed my build is here in the US / port. The folks at Rusnak in Pasadena (transferred from Kuhn) are waiting for visibility and delivery. Long answer. Short answer, no ... from me!
good luck. it's been nice seeing other parts of the country (world) with trucks coming in and being delivered. hope we catch up soon!

Back
Top Bottom