The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Tracking our Northern California Grenadier - Where's Waldo

RobHallieSage

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:09 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone from Northern California (i.e., the Kuhn family) received their vehicles from their "adopted" SoCal dealer yet?

We are 1 of the 55 being "re-routed" to 1 of the 3 dealers down South.
Dave, Kelly @ Kuhn Redwood City, CA have been with us every step of the way. We're committed to help them succeed - darn Boxing Gym!
Derek @ Rusnak Pasadena, CA have been our "adoptive parents" and Debi @ Mossy San Diego, CA has us on the list for member outings down South.

Has anyone been able to confirm with UK Customer Services that their Grenadier's VIN # is in the SoCal port and an ETA on transport to the Dealer?
I called - great reps on the phone. It would be great if their partners & systems i.e., production -> transport -> dealer were connected.
That way when a customer calls, the rep can see where the VIN # is located, tracking every step of the way - for the best customer service on the planet.

Our wish for 2024 is that we travel to Redwood City for Hallie & I to pick up our Grenadier i.e., 2 year gestation for a magic mushroom. Happy New Year everyone!!!

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:09 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone from Northern California (i.e., the Kuhn family) received their vehicles from their "adopted" SoCal dealer yet?

We are 1 of the 55 being "re-routed" to 1 of the 3 dealers down South.
Dave, Kelly @ Kuhn Redwood City, CA have been with us every step of the way. We're committed to help them succeed - darn Boxing Gym!
Derek @ Rusnak Pasadena, CA have been our "adoptive parents" and Debi @ Mossy San Diego, CA has us on the list for member outings down South.

Has anyone been able to confirm with UK Customer Services that their Grenadier's VIN # is in the SoCal port and an ETA on transport to the Dealer?
I called - great reps on the phone. It would be great if their partners & systems i.e., production -> transport -> dealer were connected.
That way when a customer calls, the rep can see where the VIN # is located, tracking every step of the way - for the best customer service on the planet.

Our wish for 2024 is that we travel to Redwood City for Hallie & I to pick up our Grenadier i.e., 2 year gestation for a magic mushroom. Happy New Year everyone!!!
Not so sure this should be on the emergency SOS thread.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:09 AM
Reaction score

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Already moved.

northshoreboarder

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
My vehicle has just finished production and I found out Kuhn's Dealership is not going to happen. The message I got from the factory is they can't guarantee which dealer my vehicle will get to in SoCal even though I have stated which I prefer. I'm not sure why they can't tell where its going?

Does anyone know how long it takes to transport and land at a dealer from the factory?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My vehicle has just finished production and I found out Kuhn's Dealership is not going to happen. The message I got from the factory is they can't guarantee which dealer my vehicle will get to in SoCal even though I have stated which I prefer. I'm not sure why they can't tell where its going?

Does anyone know how long it takes to transport and land at a dealer from the factory?
When you say the message you got from the factory... Is that Ineos through email/chat (usually UK), or from Ineos in the US?

Did they provide you with a VIN? Once you have a VIN you can start scanning loading lists for inbound ships, that will then give you a ETA to the port; from there to your dealer is generally between 1-2 weeks depending on if you need any updates done at the US port prior to transport (such as the trailer module reflash)

Jack123

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score

1708575608476.png

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
HI Jack123, The Grenadiers are placed on a ship and head out from the Port of Zeebrugge in Belgium.
My Grenadier left on the car carrying vessel Don Quijote on 1-14-2024 and arrived at the Port Hueneme on 2-14-2024, a 32 day voyage.
Not sure how long it will take for my dealer, Rusnak Ineos Grenadier in Pasadena, to get my Grenadier to their dealership. Sometimes
Ineos has PDI, (Pre-Delivery Inspections), performed at the port and then has them trucked to the dealership. Then once they get to the
dealer, they again do a PDI. If all goes well, I should have my Grenadier in 3-4 weeks after it arrived at port. Hope that gives you a bit of
a time line, although it can vary a lot. DaBull

Jack123

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
HI Jack123, The Grenadiers are placed on a ship and head out from the Port of Zeebrugge in Belgium.
My Grenadier left on the car carrying vessel Don Quijote on 1-14-2024 and arrived at the Port Hueneme on 2-14-2024, a 32 day voyage.
Not sure how long it will take for my dealer, Rusnak Ineos Grenadier in Pasadena, to get my Grenadier to their dealership. Sometimes
Ineos has PDI, (Pre-Delivery Inspections), performed at the port and then has them trucked to the dealership. Then once they get to the
dealer, they again do a PDI. If all goes well, I should have my Grenadier in 3-4 weeks after it arrived at port. Hope that gives you a bit of
a time line, although it can vary a lot. DaBull

Wow! You should get your IG soon! I'm so jealous! Pls post some picks when you can! Thanks much!

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Wow! You should get your IG soon! I'm so jealous! Pls post some picks when you can! Thanks much!
Hi Jack123, I could not wait to see my Grenadier at the dealership.
Here's 2 posts of what I call THE CHASE.
Read Post # 1 first and then Post # 2.
It's a wild ride. DaBulll

DaBull’s Grenadier Journey
“THE CHASE” Part 1 of 2
2-14-2024 Valentines Day

https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/dabulls-grenadier-journey-build.12414688/

“THE CHASE” Part 2 of 2
2-14-2024 Valentines Day

https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/dabulls-grenadier-journey-build.12414688/post-1333256020

Jack123

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score

“THE CHASE” Part 1 of 2
2-14-2024 Valentines Day

“THE CHASE” Part 2 of 2
2-14-2024 Valentines Day

https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/dabulls-grenadier-journey-build.12414688/post-1333256020

Oh my gosh!!! What an incredible story DaBull! You need to save your story and preserve it nicely! All the trouble that you went through! It's all worth it! I wish my story will be as good as yours but I will be very happy regardless!

Point Hueneme Naval Base... be careful with that base... they do some stuff there that we're not supposed to know... :)

Jack123

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score

“THE CHASE” Part 1 of 2
2-14-2024 Valentines Day

“THE CHASE” Part 2 of 2
2-14-2024 Valentines Day

Hey DaBull - I notice that your reservation is Nov 2022, and you're getting your car already. I made my reservation Mar 2022, and pre-ordered May 2023 as well. But still not sure when I'm getting my car 🤣. But, soon and very soon, I hope...

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hey DaBull - I notice that your reservation is Nov 2022, and you're getting your car already. I made my reservation Mar 2022, and pre-ordered May 2023 as well. But still not sure when I'm getting my car 🤣. But, soon and very soon, I hope...
Hi Jack123, I also pre-ordered in May 2023, on 5-31-2023. Call you dealer and see if they have your VIN#. If they do, it is likely on a ship or maybe sitting in port at Port Hueneme already. I saw a storage yard on the base that must have had a couple hundred Grenadier parked next to each other. Once you get your VIN# you may be able to track it of find out where it got dropped off. DaBull

Jack123

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Jack123, I also pre-ordered in May 2023, on 5-31-2023. Call you dealer and see if they have your VIN#. If they do, it is likely on a ship or maybe sitting in port at Port Hueneme already. I saw a storage yard on the base that must have had a couple hundred Grenadier parked next to each other. Once you get your VIN# you may be able to track it of find out where it got dropped off. DaBull

Yes I have a VIN but it is not listed on any of the vessels yet. Hopefully the one that is arriving Feb 28. Keeping my fingers crossed...

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the info and reading everyone's info here looks like this is about what I expected. I'm probably months away still at this point...
You're in the 14xxx range for VIN, I would imagine you'll be either a very late March or early/mid April arrival to the port

RobHallieSage

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

You need to call INEOS Customer Services in Liverpool and tell them where you want your IG to go (now that Kuhn is OUT). You'll need your case # and VIN. 1-833-494-4748. Good luck ... it's worth the wait!!!

parb

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I just called this morning and got mine moved to mossy in San Diego. Got friends there that I wanted to visit anyway.

Any insight to when we get a dealer in NorCal? The market got to be big enough for a dealer up here. I really liked Dave at kuhns, super nice guy and I would have enjoyed doing business with him.

Back
Top Bottom