The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Footwell intrusion

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:46 PM
Reaction score
No, it is not. There's part of the exhaust system on the RHD driver side that prevents the dead pedal from sitting flush. Search the site - there's plenty of conversation and photos on the topic.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:46 AM
Reaction score
Haha. The old RHD footrest issue. In the UK press release reviews no less than 9 of the videos I watched bring up the RHD footrest. It's an oddity, no other "well engineered" vehicle that I have seen for the$100K AUD market has had such a thing exist in design note have I seen it in any modern wagon. But, as ridiculous as the design flaw is, I'll still enjoy my Gren I'm sure, even if I need an extra visit to the Chiro each month! I have photos of the RHD footrest from looking at it side on from a recent test drive. Nothing a 3 inch timber block can't fix.

Attachments

• 20221216_125741.jpg
    20221216_125741.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 200
  • 20221216_125736.jpg
    20221216_125736.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 186

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:46 AM
Reaction score
In my current vehicle there is a hump for the exhaust as well which is supposed to be a footrest (ignore the stupid foot operated hand brake?)
I discovered only yesterday after 5 years of ownership that my left foot doesn't even reach it.
I don't recall the Grenadier foot rest being even noticeable.

1677540144919.jpeg

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:46 AM
Reaction score
In my current vehicle there is a hump for the exhaust as well which is supposed to be a footrest (ignore the stupid foot operated hand brake?)
I discovered only yesterday after 5 years of ownership that my left foot doesn't even reach it.

View attachment 7804501
Has to be a Merc, only they could put another brake in the footwell :rolleyes:

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Do you believe they can really adjust your spine?
100%. I had a minor injury once in my earlier life and the Chiro was a godsend. 3 visits ave I was walking and breathing properly again. I still had to do core with to fix the initially problem but hell yes. There is good and bad when it comes to Chiro!

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

View attachment 7804501
I wish the Grenadier footrest was back behind the pedal line like that!!! Not 100mm forward and up!!! Lol

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
100%. I had a minor injury once in my earlier life and the Chiro was a godsend. 3 visits ave I was walking and breathing properly again. I still had to do core with to fix the initially problem but hell yes. There is good and bad when it comes to Chiro!
Like cockroaches, chiros scurry for cover when you shine the light on that pseudoscience.
Trigger point release of muscles is what works. It's what osteopaths do , and the knowledgeable DIYer too :)
Nobody mention acupuncture please.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Like cockroaches, chiros scurry for cover when you shine the light on that pseudoscience.
Trigger point release of muscles is what works. It's what osteopaths do , and the knowledgeable DIYer too :)
Nobody mention acupuncture please.
You do realise Osteo's literally do the exact same bone manipulation techniques as a Chiro. Osteo's are better though, they also focus on muscle and tendon movements, release, etc. Best thing you can do is move, walk, run, jog swim. Do these, no need for either. Do too much (me) and you can still end up broken!

What I take from your comment, is that Osteo's might be a better choice for RHD Gren drivers lol???

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
You do realise Osteo's literally do the exact same bone manipulation techniques as a Chiro. Osteo's are better though, they also focus on muscle and tendon movements, release, etc. Best thing you can do is move, walk, run, jog swim. Do these, no need for either. Do too much (me) and you can still end up broken!

What I take from your comment, is that Osteo's might be a better choice for RHD Gren drivers lol???
I am an athlete and a medic so I understand the mechanisms behind the various dysfunctions that people suffer.
Practitioners of various artful healings can call themselves what they want, but at the end of the day they shouldn't make unscientific claims, particularly if they are charging $$.
People who are mostly sedentary usually have themselves to blame for health problems.

How many social workers does it take to change a light globe?
Only one , but it's really got to want to change!

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

View attachment 7804501
looks like you've been heel and toeing DaveB - tricky with no clutch

RavenVoice

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Honestly, I’m not sure why so many people are making such a big deal about this, I don’t think I’ve been in a car that doesn’t have a footrest/exhaust protrusion in the right-hand footwell (the stop-gap Land Rover that I’m currently driving certainly has one). Granted, the one in the Grenadier does look to be larger than most from the photos; however, it doesn’t seem to protrude above the pedal line. I might be proven wrong when my vehicle finally arrives & I get to drive it; however, I personally don’t see why one would want their left foot to sit/rest lower than their right foot which is on the pedals. Surely the footrest results in both feet being more level & a better/more balanced posture? Am I missing something here?

Pipm4000

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
When I test drove the Grenadier off road the footrest felt odd for about 2 minutes then it actually helped you feel more stable in the seat. For off-road use it the seating position seemed great. I think it will be more irritating on a long road drive when you want to stretch out. I’m 6’4” and I would say I am at the limits of being comfortable in the Grenadier. I will ask to see if the seat rails can be repositioned further back which would solve the issue completely for me.

Local time
10:16 AM
Reaction score
At the other end of the scale 170cm I found my test drive very comfortable, and the foot rest a place to rest my left foot, and because of the ongoing debate regarding the footwell intrusion, I was conscience of, and looking for an issue that in my case did not exist.

Mumblepants

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Haha. The old RHD footrest issue. In the UK press release reviews no less than 9 of the videos I watched bring up the RHD footrest. It's an oddity, no other "well engineered" vehicle that I have seen for the$100K AUD market has had such a thing exist in design note have I seen it in any modern wagon. But, as ridiculous as the design flaw is, I'll still enjoy my Gren I'm sure, even if I need an extra visit to the Chiro each month! I have photos of the RHD footrest from looking at it side on from a recent test drive. Nothing a 3 inch timber block can't fix.

Attachments

• 29834DEE-00E9-42D8-A18B-BD379D78CDE4.jpeg
    29834DEE-00E9-42D8-A18B-BD379D78CDE4.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 173

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'd drive for 10hrs with a sharp stone in my left foot if it meant Ineos would send me a contract to sign and give me an update on estimated build/delivery date.
Spoke to them yesterday, again the 'experiencing delays' and 'in the coming weeks...' etc.

Thinking back to the raised left foot plinth - I'm 5'10 in cubans and it didn't bother me on the test drive last November. If it becomes an issue there will be ways to make it less of one by those more ingenious than I.

Back
Top Bottom