The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Water ingress RHS rear foot well

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:48 PM
Reaction score
Have standing water in the RHS rear footwell. (UK rhd vehicle). A few mill on the mat and also under mat. Also a few spots in the door pocket. Trying to trace source but thought I'd check on here to see if anyone has had similar?

Photos to follow.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:48 AM
Reaction score
Have standing water in the RHS rear footwell. (UK rhd vehicle). A few mill on the mat and also under mat. Also a few spots in the door pocket. Trying to trace source but thought I'd check on here to see if anyone has had similar?

Photos to follow.
Not until now. But that is not good. I will observe it.

Wilaspira

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Can’t match the water location but vehicle (rhd N1 diesel) post software update and repairs now experiencing water/water droplets in passenger foot well which I suspect is air conditioning related

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Can’t match the water location but vehicle (rhd N1 diesel) post software update and repairs now experiencing water/water droplets in passenger foot well which I suspect is air conditioning related
These are the drops I've been chasing the cause of for weeks, which is why I'm driving without the center tunnel and control panel interior trim. Since then, they have not appeared, despite intensive use of the air conditioning. But I'm not giving up. If I find out anything, I'll let you know.

Wilaspira

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Many thanks. I will do the same (hopefully my dealer will be already be well versed in cures for the drip)

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:48 PM
Reaction score
These are the drops I've been chasing the cause of for weeks, which is why I'm driving without the center tunnel and control panel interior trim. Since then, they have not appeared, despite intensive use of the air conditioning. But I'm not giving up. If I find out anything, I'll let you know.
Removal of the panel trim may be providing sufficient air circulation to preclude condensation... :unsure: Re-install panels one at a time and see what happens....

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Removal of the panel trim may be providing sufficient air circulation to preclude condensation... :unsure: Re-install panels one at a time and see what happens....
Hi @DenisM Yes, that could be the case. Possibly, due to the lack of trim there are now no surfaces on which the air can condense and the water droplets form. I will mount the trim again.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:48 AM
Reaction score
HI DenisM, If it turns out there is insufficient air circulation, perhaps adding a cut out and grill cover to one of the panels may provide enough circulation to prevent condensation. DaBull

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi @DenisM Yes, that could be the case. Possibly, due to the lack of trim there are now no surfaces on which the air can condense and the water droplets form. I will mount the trim again.
Have, today and yesterday experienced exactly the same issue...and thinking the same, condensation...both times I have let the car sit idling while warming up and putting on my boots...could a few minutes without moving be the cause? will do a test tomorrow...are you still experiencing the same?

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have a water drop issue in the left footwell (on a RHD version). My wife on 2 separate trips had a drop or water fall on to her right foot from the plastics above... very hard to pin point but has to be condensate because it was dry weather both times, but humid ambient.

Reactions: Max

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have a water drop issue in the left footwell (on a RHD version). My wife on 2 separate trips had a drop or water fall on to her right foot from the plastics above... very hard to pin point but has to be condensate because it was dry weather both times, but humid ambient.
Exactly the same...I run the air con fairly cool but not cold on recirculation mode...I can feel up in the direction it is coming from but nothing and only a tablespoon or two each time...a little gremlin pissing us off...sorry, our wives off 😂

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Exactly the same...I run the air con fairly cool but not cold on recirculation mode...I can feel up in the direction it is coming from but nothing and only a tablespoon or two each time...a little gremlin pissing us off...sorry, our wives off 😂
I am trying to find it!!!

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Have, today and yesterday experienced exactly the same issue...and thinking the same, condensation...both times I have let the car sit idling while warming up and putting on my boots...could a few minutes without moving be the cause? will do a test tomorrow...are you still experiencing the same?
Hi @Max I have been monitoring the situation since July/August. The condensation has only occurred at high outside temperatures (below 30°C). I have also been able to simulate various conditions. It occurred while driving, but also when the car was stationary and idling.
As I wrote here in the thread a long time ago, I had removed the entire plastic trim of the centre console and the transmission tunnel, as well as under the steering wheel and glove compartment in order to identify the source with a rod camera. Unfortunately, the phenomenon has not reappeared since then. The temperatures have dropped again since the summer. Even at around 26°, no condensation has formed, at least not to the extent that it drips.
Yesterday I reassembled everything and am waiting for next year.
However, my dealer has confirmed that he had the same issue with some customers in the summer. He can't imagine that there is a remedy. To be honest, neither can I. Then the pipes and hoses under the centre console would have to be insulated. And you can't get to that without a lot of effort.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi @Max I have been monitoring the situation since July/August. The condensation has only occurred at high outside temperatures (below 30°C). I have also been able to simulate various conditions. It occurred while driving, but also when the car was stationary and idling.
As I wrote here in the thread a long time ago, I had removed the entire plastic trim of the centre console and the transmission tunnel, as well as under the steering wheel and glove compartment in order to identify the source with a rod camera. Unfortunately, the phenomenon has not reappeared since then. The temperatures have dropped again since the summer. Even at around 26°, no condensation has formed, at least not to the extent that it drips.
Yesterday I reassembled everything and am waiting for next year.
However, my dealer has confirmed that he had the same issue with some customers in the summer. He can't imagine that there is a remedy. To be honest, neither can I. Then the pipes and hoses under the centre console would have to be insulated. And you can't get to that without a lot of effort.
Thank you for your efforts...If I can find out the reason for this happening in the meantime, I will let you know...we are only days off our summer here in OZ (y)

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you for your efforts...If I can find out the reason for this happening in the meantime, I will let you know...we are only days off our summer here in OZ (y)
Hey Max both the times nice dripped it was 28c one day and about 30c the other. Both days had relatively high humidity. The likely duct this comes from its quite concealed and so a fix would be quite difficult with out moving a few things. Let's keep an eye on it!

Reactions: Max
Back
Top Bottom