The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Coolant leak into left front footwell

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
1:18 AM
Reaction score
Coolant also reacts to a uv/black light. Even when it’s dried up so that’s an option as well.
I've got a UV torch. It's useful for other things , such as spotting scorpions at night in the bush. They fluoresce nicely.
As for the black light , when I was a kid there was a kid's book where a mad professor had invented the electric dark globe. When you turned it on , the room went dark.
I digress...

Grey Wolf

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:18 PM
Reaction score
The coolant mixture is not only an antifreeze, but also a sealant against oxidation in the engine coolant channels.
My Grenadier uses coolant in both high and low pressure tanks. I think that hoses clamps and clips are responsible for lots of these small issues that are being reported. Perhaps the person responsible for fitting these on the production line should be reassigned to another task.

Wueste

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:18 PM
Reaction score
Today, I found a leak in the cooling system in the left footwell.
The rubber mat was covered with green liquid. :sick:
IMG_0133.jpeg
I have booked a service appointment for November 27th. (software update, roof rack, light bar etc.)
I hope that the problem does not worsen before then.

minidok

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
View attachment 7829386
I have booked a service appointment for November 27th. (software update, roof rack, light bar etc.)
What is your update after planned service appointment?

Grey Wolf

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
View attachment 7829386
I have also had a very small amount of liquid in the same location. I thought it must have been condensation from the Aircon but yours is obviously green coolant. I also will be interested to hear what the service centre say after it has been investigated. Thanks Loids

Pfk

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
7:18 PM
Reaction score
Hi Sylvan,
I had the same problem with my Grenadier.
Coolant in the left footwell (European driver side), an incorrectly fitted clamp.
A hard way to come to. As far as I know, they had to remove the display….
Hi, yeah exactly as you described, same problem here for me LHD.. easy fix as per the dealer but a long job to reach to..
It will be in the dealers garage for a week to solve this issue mainly and couple other minor ones.

Attachments

• IMG_7691.jpeg
    IMG_7691.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 82

carlg007

Contract Signed
Local time
11:18 AM
Reaction score
Hi, yeah exactly as you described, same problem here for me LHD.. easy fix as per the dealer but a long job to reach to..
It will be in the dealers garage for a week to solve this issue mainly and couple other minor ones.
What was leaking? Was it the heater or the connections?

Pfk

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
What was leaking? Was it the heater or the connections?
I think the ac had a leak. A little bit of Fluid would drip to my acceleration foot randomly

Grey Wolf

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think the ac had a leak. A little bit of Fluid would drip to my acceleration foot randomly
Isn't the Aircon filled with a gas? The high and low pressure header tanks have the green coolant within, do these have an effect on the Aircon? I ask I have had a small amount on green fluid on the floor on the left hand side and i have had to add coolant to the car.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Isn't the Aircon filled with a gas? The high and low pressure header tanks have the green coolant within, do these have an effect on the Aircon? I ask I have had a small amount on green fluid on the floor on the left hand side and i have had to add coolant to the car.
The aircondition is indeed filled with gas. This is the heater unit .. say a kind of small radiator. The aircondition controls the cooling radiator and the heat radiator.. usually it’s the way air is cooled down first to remove moisture from air and then reheated using engine coolant Liquid. It’s not like the inverter what we have at home.. that is a heatpump.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My car is in repair for the third week. The dealer (Sternauto Leipzig) is a disaster. No communication!
It's a sad story. :(

I'll report later.
Will head tomorrow in your direction.
Let’s see how Ole behaves on the long journey. 409 Km one way. the leaking is for sure a build quality issue.. recently I found an unopened bag of 6 torx bolts in the boot and a spare nut lingering near the auxilliary battery. But no loose or missing components.
good luck and I hope you get yours soon back in your hands

Wueste

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Have a good trip, we're travelling to the Westerwald today (550 km).
We actually wanted to take the Grenadier to the Little Britain Inn for a short holiday.

Yesterday I tried to call Sternauto Leipzig five times and nobody answered. Unbelievable.

Now we're driving the 30-year-old Mercedes G. It shouldn't be on the road in snow and salt, but it's already been on duty for three weeks.
The electric hire car is useless for a journey like this.

greetings wueste

IMG_0468.jpeg

Pfk

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Update, still in the shop and it’s going to be a few more days. Dealer said It wasn’t a fluid drip it was water condensation from the ac and other components, instead of dripping outside like it’s supposed to, it was dripping inside the footwell and outside

Wueste

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
A brief update on my coolant leak.

Sternauto Service wants to replace it.
Ineos says: seal it.
Sternauto says: that's not possible.
Ineos wants photos.
Sternauto sends photos.
Ineos can't see any fault in the photos.
...and back to square one...

Nobody talks to me.
I always have to call and am then told the same story. No one can tell me when it will end.

The car has been at the dealer in Leipzig since 27.11.2023 and is waiting to be repaired.
Now I've been without my Grenadier for 2 months.

:mad:

Back
Top Bottom