The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Coolant leak into left front footwell

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:39 PM
Reaction score
Are there lemon laws in Germany? That’s unacceptable.
Yes there are. If vehicle have inacceptable build quality - and unable to fix. Usually the company has a number of attempts to fix it. If not possible then you can return product and get money back. Not just cars but anything. There are some restrictions but this is the general approach. applies to any consumer goods and with some more restrictions to professional use goods.

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:39 AM
Reaction score
Its been two months then, you should try and get Ineos to replace it with a new vehicle.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
A brief update on my coolant leak.

Sternauto Service wants to replace it.
Ineos says: seal it.
Sternauto says: that's not possible.
Ineos wants photos.
Sternauto sends photos.
Ineos can't see any fault in the photos.
...and back to square one...

Nobody talks to me.
I always have to call and am then told the same story. No one can tell me when it will end.

The car has been at the dealer in Leipzig since 27.11.2023 and is waiting to be repaired.
Now I've been without my Grenadier for 2 months.

:mad:
That looks like the process my dealer is following, with one step more:
They first have to communicate with Hedin Sweden. then Ineos, then back to Sweden and then my dealer!

If I don't go to the dealer, or if I don't send them a very angry e-mail, including to the manager, no feedback!

I still have several open questions and unsolved problems, but lucky for me nothing that doesn't allow me to drive!

:mad:

Wueste

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hello, I have my car back.

I got the call on Friday at 4 p.m.
Fortunately, my brother-in-law had time and was able to drive me the 100 kilometres to Leipzig quickly.

They had to replace the air conditioning ac unit in the footwell.
But the biggest problem was probably the Ineos ticket system. The ticket went back and forth for weeks. When the ticket was approved after 2 months, the delivery of the replacement part took a long time.

So everything took a total of 72 days (2 months and 12 days).

I also finally received all the additional add-on parts (roof rack, light bar, awning, table)
However, the rotating button no longer works. I only noticed this when I was back on the motorway.

Now I have to make another appointment and drive another 100km there and back. Very annoying.

greetings wueste

Back
Top Bottom