The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Footwell intrusion

Mumblepants

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:42 AM
Reaction score
I'd drive for 10hrs with a sharp stone in my left foot if it meant Ineos would send me a contract to sign and give me an update on estimated build/delivery date.
Spoke to them yesterday, again the 'experiencing delays' and 'in the coming weeks...' etc.

Thinking back to the raised left foot plinth - I'm 5'10 in cubans and it didn't bother me on the test drive last November. If it becomes an issue there will be ways to make it less of one by those more ingenious than I.
Keep the faith, they are coming.. I received mine this morning.. 😬

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Honestly, I’m not sure why so many people are making such a big deal about this, I don’t think I’ve been in a car that doesn’t have a footrest/exhaust protrusion in the right-hand footwell (the stop-gap Land Rover that I’m currently driving certainly has one). Granted, the one in the Grenadier does look to be larger than most from the photos; however, it doesn’t seem to protrude above the pedal line. I might be proven wrong when my vehicle finally arrives & I get to drive it; however, I personally don’t see why one would want their left foot to sit/rest lower than their right foot which is on the pedals. Surely the footrest results in both feet being more level & a better/more balanced posture? Am I missing something here?
Raven.

They are NOT level.

That's the issue for some.

The footrest is, maybe, 25-30mm higher than the accelerator, meaning the leg leg must be higher by same (or more) than the right that is depressing the accelerator.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
7:42 PM
Reaction score
Footrest? Why is everyone complaining about the footrest?

The pedals are much more in the way. 🙃

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I don't get it either! As far as I remember, every car I've owned has had a footrest there, and been of a similar size. It is because it sits further towards the driver that folks are complaining about?
It is on a funny angle
wind the seat up and adjust the steering wheel
Plenty of head height

1677580844880.png1677580870886.png1677580901941.png1677580929194.png

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:42 PM
Reaction score
Haha. The old RHD footrest issue. In the UK press release reviews no less than 9 of the videos I watched bring up the RHD footrest. It's an oddity, no other "well engineered" vehicle that I have seen for the$100K AUD market has had such a thing exist in design note have I seen it in any modern wagon. But, as ridiculous as the design flaw is, I'll still enjoy my Gren I'm sure, even if I need an extra visit to the Chiro each month! I have photos of the RHD footrest from looking at it side on from a recent test drive. Nothing a 3 inch timber block can't fix.
I would say this was more common than first thought and is likely down to design being mainly based on LHD cars. Since this topic came up and I began to unduly concern myself; I have noticed a similar set up in my wife’s X3 (never previously noticed and also her Peugeot Boxer horsebox, again not previously on my radar.
What concerns me most now is the amount of money I seem to have spent on my wife’s transport needs rather than my own. 😂

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Seriously - I have more leg room in my old tiny 911; where would INEOS put the clutch if the Grenadier was a manual??

View attachment 7804569
Hence the reason there is no manual
Seriously if that is your footwear you need to withdraw all comments relating to the footwell

RavenVoice

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:42 PM
Reaction score
Raven.

They are NOT level.

That's the issue for some.

The footrest is, maybe, 25-30mm higher than the accelerator, meaning the leg leg must be higher by same (or more) than the right that is depressing the accelerator.
If that’s the case then I’d totally understand why some people are taking issue, it just hasn’t appeared that way form the photos that I’ve seen thus far. I’m soon going to find out though & I’m 6’1” with size 12UK/13US feet that are usually adorned with chunky, mud-covered boots from hiking with my Dobermann.

Back
Top Bottom