The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Exact Measurements

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:30 PM
Reaction score
What is your garage door height?
2.036mm is the given height for the Gren.. My grenadier lair has an electric roller shutter and I’ve only got 2.060mm or c 81 inches clearance. Worse case, I’ll be letting some air out of the tyres. Will be a faff but the shed only went up last year and I put a compressor in so it’ll be an excuse to use it.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
2.036mm is the given height for the Gren.. My grenadier lair has an electric roller shutter and I’ve only got 2.060mm or c 81 inches clearance. Worse case, I’ll be letting some air out of the tyres. Will be a faff but the shed only went up last year and I put a compressor in so it’ll be an excuse to use it.
I presume you mean metres measurement of 2.06 and 2.036. Therefore you should have 24mm clearance ( good old fashion 1") all going to depend on it being level ground. I'd make sure someone checks the first few times you try it.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:30 AM
Reaction score
I presume you mean metres measurement of 2.06 and 2.036. Therefore you should have 24mm clearance ( good old fashion 1") all going to depend on it being level ground. I'd make sure someone checks the first few times you try it.
Keep the fuel tank full and put on some weight.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:30 PM
Reaction score
The topic of HUD was discussed elsewhere already .. I ve got a few in near consideration . one that I would probably use now in the Disco and later move to Grenadier .. - but when I was recently @K&E and sat in the cockpit I noticed the dashboard top is quite short between steering wheel and Windscreen also there is dipped area on top .. but I did not bring the items to measure the flat size so .. what dimensions width - depth a HUD maximum size may have
did anybody measure the dash and the square shaped are to store some items there ?
If already done pls get me the reference to the article here / searching did not bring the results unfortunately.
Or post the size of this here or pm .. thank you.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I will have to buy a new house with adequate garage, because I don't have a compressor :eek:

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
my garage was built to fit the Defender. So it’s 2,05 meters in height under the open gate. That’s sufficient for the Grenadier but I do not have to think about fitting a roof rack.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Keep the fuel tank full and put on some weight.
Hang your head in shame Jean…. EBay will sort you right out with the essentials…

cheap as chips.
That is frightening cheap, I don't know how the Chinese do it. Do you think it lasts beyond one operational cycle?

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:30 AM
Reaction score
my garage was built to fit the Defender. So it’s 2,05 meters in height under the open gate. That’s sufficient for the Grenadier but I do not have to think about fitting a roof rack.
I've seen two dimensions for overall height: 2036mm and 2050mm .. am wondering if it depends on tyre size/pressure. My garage door clearance is 2065mm so no roof bars or rack. It's actually just 100mm longer with the spare wheel than my Santa Fe... but 1 ton heavier!! So I have to think about point loadings on the wooden floor of the garage deck🤔

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I've seen two dimensions for overall height: 2036mm and 2050mm .. am wondering if it depends on tyre size/pressure. My garage door clearance is 2065mm so no roof bars or rack. It's actually just 100mm longer with the spare wheel than my Santa Fe... but 1 ton heavier!! So I have to think about point loadings on the wooden floor of the garage deck🤔
At least my garage floor is concrete based on rocks…

Local time
1:30 PM
Reaction score
All this talk about fitting into the garage...

The day I brought my RAM home, I had to hang out the door and think small to see if it would fit in the garage. Cleared the door by less than an inch to the top of the shark fin antenna :sneaky: But I had to shimmy sideways past the cabinets in front of it. This was with the tiny 33" stock tires. Once the 37s went on? Nope...outside doggy.
131374448_4507651432579652_1161281130427363036_n.jpg

Couple this with the Sequoia not fitting in the garage (even without the RTT on it, it would be too tall), and our trailer not fitting, it was time for a new garage. 10x10 roll-ups, 18'x71'x15' peak with 12' sidewalls. So if anyone is in the area of Front Royal, VA and needs a place to work on their Grenny...come on by ;)

339047610_521499646819126_6119067408976074398_n.jpg

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
All this talk about fitting into the garage...

The day I brought my RAM home, I had to hang out the door and think small to see if it would fit in the garage. Cleared the door by less than an inch to the top of the shark fin antenna :sneaky: But I had to shimmy sideways past the cabinets in front of it. This was with the tiny 33" stock tires. Once the 37s went on? Nope...outside doggy.
View attachment 7808162

Couple this with the Sequoia not fitting in the garage (even without the RTT on it, it would be too tall), and our trailer not fitting, it was time for a new garage. 10x10 roll-ups, 18'x71'x15' peak with 12' sidewalls. So if anyone is in the area of Front Royal, VA and needs a place to work on their Grenny...come on by ;)

View attachment 7808163
what's the partial coloured US map on the LH side signify?

nice workshop by the way.

Local time
1:30 PM
Reaction score
what's the partial coloured US map on the LH side signify?

nice workshop by the way.
Thanks...it's my home next to my home that houses my homes away from home :unsure::)

That map is the states we've visited in that vehicle. And, no, "just driving through" doesn't qualify 😆

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks...it's my home next to my home that houses my homes away from home :unsure::)

That map is the states we've visited in that vehicle. And, no, "just driving through" doesn't qualify 😆
excellent - good luck filling in the blanks (y)

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:30 AM
Reaction score
Measurements related question I guess. Grenadier height is listed a hair above 80 inches. My garage height is 81 inch. Will it fit?
Air down to garage it, then pump up when you pull out?

Back
Top Bottom