The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Exact Measurements

Khalfan323

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:08 PM
Reaction score
I've seen two dimensions for overall height: 2036mm and 2050mm .. am wondering if it depends on tyre size/pressure. My garage door clearance is 2065mm so no roof bars or rack. It's actually just 100mm longer with the spare wheel than my Santa Fe... but 1 ton heavier!! So I have to think about point loadings on the wooden floor of the garage deck🤔
It’s 2.036 for sure 😂 I had a mini stroke when I saw the 2.05m on the actual grenadier. After speaking to my dealer, physically measuring it from the highest point in the back and them speaking to Ineos, it seems that 2.05 is the height with the optional sun roof swung open.

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
From my notes of measurements the other week:
  • Width gutter to gutter was 1650mm,
  • height of roof above gutter (incl rubber roof strips) was 170mm.
Cheers
Steve
Steve, when you measured this, was the gutter to gutter width centre to centre? Inside edge to inside edge or outer edge to outer edge? if you can remember that would be helpful, as I’m looking at getting something made. I have measured the well of the gutter to be 30mm wide but i had a ruler rather than a tape so didn't take the larger measurements.

If anyone else can confirm this that would be much appreciated!

I can also confirm that the wheel studs are m14x1.5, and that the alloy wheels have closed nuts that are 40mm long.

Attachments

• 60C7B632-6669-4C1C-B0D0-DD5B9B9A7AC9.jpeg
    60C7B632-6669-4C1C-B0D0-DD5B9B9A7AC9.jpeg
    147.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 34F4707A-C620-458E-9A46-6B2F31D5A414.jpeg
    34F4707A-C620-458E-9A46-6B2F31D5A414.jpeg
    151.6 KB · Views: 10
  • F9F71AEF-AD29-4129-9485-F377F6C60FC1.jpeg
    F9F71AEF-AD29-4129-9485-F377F6C60FC1.jpeg
    92.5 KB · Views: 11

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:08 AM
Reaction score
Steve, when you measured this, was the gutter to gutter width centre to centre? Inside edge to inside edge or outer edge to outer edge? if you can remember that would be helpful, as I’m looking at getting something made. I have measured the well of the gutter to be 30mm wide but i had a ruler rather than a tape so didn't take the larger measurements.

I can also confirm that the wheel studs are m14x1.5, and that the alloy wheels have closed nuts that are 40mm long.
From faded memory, it was lip to lip. as to whether it was inside, outside, or centre, I can’t recall, but there would only be a few mm in it either way.

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks Steve,
Does anyone know the measurements of the roof from the rear to the point where it starts to slope down?

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Thank you, was looking for these measurements. Might pop https://www.wrington.co.uk/ a message and see if they can fabricate some for mine which will be open.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:08 AM
Reaction score
Since this tread is titled "EXACT MEASUREMENTS" can we all agree to try and get exact measurements, otherwise the information
may not be as useful for everyone. It would be nice to also define from what point to what point or from where to where the measurement was taken. Ok if posted in mm as easily converted to inches on an internet calculator. If posted in inches, it would be nice if it is measured to within
1/8 of an inch, which again can be easily converted to mm with an internet calculator. DaBull

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:08 AM
Reaction score
Thanks Steve,
Does anyone know the measurements of the roof from the rear to the point where it starts to slope down?
Post #15 in this thread answers this (I think).

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Post #15 in this thread answers this (I think).
I think thats to the radius just above the windscreen. It’s only 70mm less than the overall length.

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:08 AM
Reaction score
I think thats to the radius just above the windscreen. It’s only 70mm less than the overall length.
Agree it's hard to tell exactly what was being measured there. I found this old thread discussing the flat part of the roof with an estimate of 65-70 inches, but no exact measurement is provided:

Roof Dimensions

It would be nice to have that measurement!

Chris Pomfrett

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I would like to fit removable ventilation panels/ antenna cable routing. Does anyone know the exact width of the glass window lift panels on the rear side doors? Thank you, Chris

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:08 PM
Reaction score
I would like to fit removable ventilation panels/ antenna cable routing. Does anyone know the exact width of the glass window lift panels on the rear side doors? Thank you, Chris
Sorry if I don’t understand, do you mean the width of the window that can be moved? The width is 50cm.

Chris Pomfrett

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you rovie. 50cm. I wanted to distinguish from the other bits of the window.

Perhaps this will be be suitable?
Hi @Chris Pomfrett . I just looked at it again. I think, yes, it fits. It's about 50.5 cm from left to right. This gives you a bit of space to put it in.

Local time
Reaction score
Hi, we have racking in our garage and I was wanting to check clearance. If anybody has anybody measured the height to the top of the bonnet at the front and also the highest part of the bonnet - it would be great to know this measurement. Thanks!

ED Mulrenin

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I agree, it does look like a funny question . Just have no idea if there some kind of buffer required in real life.
Back in 2000, I ordered a stainless steel roof rack for my D-90. I measured very very carefully, knowing that I would have less than an inch clearance in my garage. Oops, I forgot to compensate for the fact that when I sat my 200 pounds in the driver's seat, that riaised the left rear half an inch. First trip out, the bolts securing the rack to the body of the Defender in the rear got ripped out. So, yes, some kind of a buffer is needed.

ED Mulrenin

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Measurements related question I guess. Grenadier height is listed a hair above 80 inches. My garage height is 81 inch. Will it fit?

You and I have the same problem. I see all over the place that the height is 80.2", but the brochure says it is 80.7". Sure would be nice to know what it is. And I am told that the height for the 17" wheels is the same as the 18" wheels.

As for fitting in your garage, my Defender 90 has 1/2 inch clearance at its tallest point. Once I made it through once 30 years ago, I have not had to worry since.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:08 AM
Reaction score
Height Measurements
After a several month exercise of gaining engineering certification and some construction time from my trusted building friend, my garage deck floor has been strengthened and today I parked the Grenadier off the street for the first time.
In doing so I made some interesting finds
1. I placed a 2.4m level across the roof resting on the load strips. The two centre load strips are a few mm. higher than the outer ones... due to curvature of the roof because the bubble glass showed the level was exactly horizontal.
2. In an unladen state the height of the vehicle near the "D?" pillar is higher than just in front of the B pillar ( to be expected, no significant additional load on the rear springs)

3. The heights of the vehicle: Trialmaster diesel, BFG K02 tyres at 36psi cold, Steel wheels, 50% fuel, side steps; no bull bar:
* in front of the B pillar": 1985mm. 6'6"
** A bit to the front of the "D" pillar: 2023mm 6'7 1/2"
These numbers are somewhat less than the 2036/ 2050mm specified in the various brochures.20231223_162102.jpg20231223_162303.jpg20231223_162442.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom