The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Exact Measurements

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
4:53 AM
Reaction score
I thought it would be good to collect all exact measurements (with pictures if available) in one thread so we don't have to searching too much. @Stu_Barnes , move if you think this could be better sorted somwhere else. Everyone else, please feel free to link any measures already available in the forum to here (I still haven't figured out how to do that). And hopefully I will be able to contribute myself, soon.

[Edited to actually say what I was trying to say... measurements]

Last edited:

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:53 PM
Reaction score
Lost in translation... I'm presuming you are referring to "measurements" ... such as ground clearance, overall height etc?

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Lost in translation... I'm presuming you are referring to "measurements" ... such as ground clearance, overall height etc?
That might be true. I thought about questions like how long is the roof exactly (which I will try to find out today and post here) or how wide and long is the safari window (as was posted somewhere lately). Would that be measurements rather than measures? I guess so, right?

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
That might be true. I thought about questions like how long is the roof exactly (which I will try to find out today and post here) or how wide and long is the safari window (as was posted somewhere lately). Would that be measurements rather than measures? I guess so, right?
Got it: "A measurement is the datum or numerical value obtained by measuring"

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:53 PM
Reaction score
Got it: "A measurement is the datum or numerical value obtained by measuring"
Now for the next bit: Taking "measures" means, amongst other things, to take certain actions to ensure a desired outcome...
For example "I took measures to ensure that my kids learned to drive safely. Those measures included driving in the city as well as in the outback, completing a defensive driving course and later, an advanced driving course.... oh! and they also had to be able to change a flat tyre before they were allowed to drive the family car! Those measures proved valuable over the years"..

I'll say again, I am humbled by the multi-lingual capability of our non-native English speaking forum friends👍

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
7:53 PM
Reaction score
Great idea. Before the USA delegation comes barging in, metric is all that is needed. There is enough conversion calculators for those that need to use the imperial system.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:53 PM
Reaction score
Great idea. Before the USA delegation comes barging in, metric is all that is needed. There is enough conversion calculators for those that need to use the imperial system.
Communist. We want measurements in American football fields.

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I always thought imperial „system“ to be an oxymoron anyway.

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Roof lenght

So, windscreen edge to rear edge I measured 2730 (I was alone with nobody to hold the band measure, so don‘t blame me if it is 2735). From rear end to the part where the roof starts to bend downwards towards the windshield I saw 2710.

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Door clearance

Clearance between closed front and rear doors is 6mm (for those who, like me, plan on adding protection to the doors)

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Door clearance

Clearance between closed front and rear doors is 6mm (for those who, like me, plan on adding protection to the doors)
What do you plan exactly? Protection against scratches or bullets?

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Hehe. Protection against what my children do to car doors and other people‘s cars. On my current car I have just put simple edge protection to avoid chipping and damage to other cars. Will probably do that again with the IG.

Attachments

• 3324C237-70A4-48B1-9117-833301817579.jpeg
    3324C237-70A4-48B1-9117-833301817579.jpeg
    93 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Roof lenght

So, windscreen edge to rear edge I measured 2730 (I was alone with nobody to hold the band measure, so don‘t blame me if it is 2735). From rear end to the part where the roof starts to bend downwards towards the windshield I saw 2710.
Went there again to measure properly. From rear to the bend in the front it‘s 2730. To the Windscreen the dealer saw 2800.

Attachments

• 25300FD0-71FF-4BA9-B32E-FC2E76DB63D8.jpeg
    25300FD0-71FF-4BA9-B32E-FC2E76DB63D8.jpeg
    118.5 KB · Views: 129

internal

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Went there again to measure properly. From rear to the bend in the front it‘s 2730. To the Windscreen the dealer saw 2800.
Thank you very much, good to know!
Did you by chance also measure the width of the roof up to the gutter (= equals maximum width without overhang in the upper roof area) and the height from the gutter to the highest point of the roof (= equals minimum height of feet for roof racks)?

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:53 AM
Reaction score
Thank you very much, good to know!
Did you by chance also measure the width of the roof up to the gutter (= equals maximum width without overhang in the upper roof area) and the height from the gutter to the highest point of the roof (= equals minimum height of feet for roof racks)?
From my notes of measurements the other week:
  • Width gutter to gutter was 1650mm,
  • height of roof above gutter (incl rubber roof strips) was 170mm.
Cheers
Steve

Local time
10:53 PM
Reaction score
Measurements related question I guess. Grenadier height is listed a hair above 80 inches. My garage height is 81 inch. Will it fit?

Back
Top Bottom