The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Ineos recalls

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:40 AM
Reaction score
Use graphite powder - it wont scum up over time.
Graphite powder is great, but messy In it’s own way, although not sticky

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:40 PM
Reaction score
My Grenadier is in production (August start date). Do we know if the more recent builds have corrected some of the early issues (e.g., door seas, safari roof seals) ?
DaveB and I will tell you in about 1.5 weeks time!

Reactions: CJV

TNT647

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:40 PM
Reaction score
Wednesday they executed one of the recall actions on my car: door knobs got sometimes stuck. I was allowed to watch the last one to be "repaired". Quite some dismounting needed (see first picture) and what they did was placing a second o-ring in the knob. This was already mentioned in another thread, but I am not sure if somebody made a picture.
View attachment 7828871
View attachment 7828873View attachment 7828874

I doubt that this will solve the problem completely, but we will see.
You will notice the nice scratches, from branches, not vandalism, well, my own vandalism.
Did this solve the stickey door button issue?

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:40 AM
Reaction score
Any clue what they are?
Yes would be good to know. Mine is going in on Wednesday next week for the software update and they said my car had a few campaigns to complete on it as well. As far as I know mine has had a few done already, it has had the transfer case replaced (probably twice) it has had some hose clamps relocated, it has had the consumer port removed from the smartpass. It has had the double nuts on the steering arms. Interested to know what else.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have had EIGHT recalls. You sign each job card for the agent to do the work. IMHO, Ineos are being exceptionally proactive in attempting to eliminate design deficiencies.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes would be good to know. Mine is going in on Wednesday next week for the software update and they said my car had a few campaigns to complete on it as well. As far as I know mine has had a few done already, it has had the transfer case replaced (probably twice) it has had some hose clamps relocated, it has had the consumer port removed from the smartpass. It has had the double nuts on the steering arms. Interested to know what else.
Andrew, the ones you list except the transfer case, were some of mine.

Each vehicles rectification is somewhat different.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:40 PM
Reaction score
Did this solve the stickey door button issue?
No, one knob got stuck again during some days, and although I didn't do anything I "solved itself".
I have had EIGHT recalls. You sign each job card for the agent to do the work. IMHO, Ineos are being exceptionally proactive in attempting to eliminate design deficiencies.
My dealer didn't hand over and explain the recalls he did, I always have to beg for action or explanations.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
No, one knob got stuck again during some days, and although I didn't do anything I "solved itself".

My dealer didn't hand over and explain the recalls he did, I always have to beg for action or explanations.
I wonder why they are not explaining the recalls? Why would they be so secretive?

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I wonder why they are not explaining the recalls? Why would they be so secretive?
I think the customer relationship is still something they are struggling with and it’s a shame. Most of us are committed/ Keen on the product and are already fully onboard. They do not seem to be recognising that we see any issues as just something to conquer, (At their cost of course 😁). They need to be more open.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think that might be a dealer "thing" espically with bigger multi franchise dealerships. Some reception/service personnel may not be " enlightened" as to what work is to be/ has been done. Mine, whilst being part of a multi dealership group, the actual Ineos dealership ( right next door to their BMW dealership) is quiet small staffed and very open. Which means I can talk to the Service Manager and actual Technician that worked on your vehicle. Love it, old school approach much more satisfying. Even the receptionist is on first name terms and remembers exactly what is needed and was done.

Back
Top Bottom