The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Ineos recalls

Ineos4

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:41 PM
Reaction score
I think it was only for vehicles that did not have the auxiliary battery fitted ~ one impinges on the other & obviously 5 seat models not 2 seat ones.
I want to know why when the aux battery is purchased in the spec, it doesn't feed the rear outlets. Seems a complete f up and I have to pay to get it rewired correctly. Also why wasn't the tow pack automatically for electrici brakes for 3.5t trailors, again why do I have to go to auto electrician for this!

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:41 PM
Reaction score
I want to know why when the aux battery is purchased in the spec, it doesn't feed the rear outlets. Seems a complete f up and I have to pay to get it rewired correctly. Also why wasn't the tow pack automatically for electrici brakes for 3.5t trailors, again why do I have to go to auto electrician for this!
Where are you from. 🤔 In the U.K. it’s standard to have overrun brakes on any trailer between 750kg and 3500kg I think.

Ineos4

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:41 PM
Reaction score
Should have said rear electrical brakes not rear outlets! Australia

Reactions: PBD

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:41 PM
Reaction score
Wednesday they executed one of the recall actions on my car: door knobs got sometimes stuck. I was allowed to watch the last one to be "repaired". Quite some dismounting needed (see first picture) and what they did was placing a second o-ring in the knob. This was already mentioned in another thread, but I am not sure if somebody made a picture.
20231004_164146.jpg
20231004_164446.jpg20231004_164459 with arrow.jpg

I doubt that this will solve the problem completely, but we will see.
You will notice the nice scratches, from branches, not vandalism, well, my own vandalism.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:41 PM
Reaction score
Wednesday they executed one of the recall actions on my car: door knobs got sometimes stuck. I was allowed to watch the last one to be "repaired". Quite some dismounting needed (see first picture) and what they did was placing a second o-ring in the knob. This was already mentioned in another thread, but I am not sure if somebody made a picture.
View attachment 7828871
View attachment 7828873View attachment 7828874

You will notice the nice scratches, from branches, not vandalism, well, my own vandalism.
Hello @Jean Mercier I don't want to worry you, but your doubts are justified. I have just spoken to my dealer. He has installed the additional rubber rings on his own vehicles. But they did not have the desired effect. According to Ineos, they should prevent the buttons from being pressed in too deeply, but that's not the cause. Some of them get stuck before they are pressed in. I used lubricant and have had no more problems since then.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:41 AM
Reaction score
Hello @Jean Mercier I don't want to worry you, but your doubts are justified. I have just spoken to my dealer. He has installed the additional rubber rings on his own vehicles. But they did not have the desired effect. According to Ineos, they should prevent the buttons from being pressed in too deeply, but that's not the cause. Some of them get stuck before they are pressed in. I used lubricant and have had no more problems since then.
Lubricant is always a good idea when there is a chance of something being pressed in too deeply

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
View attachment 7828871
View attachment 7828873View attachment 7828874

As a person with firsthand knowledge of engineering (design) of parts like this - it is a temporary (half) solution at best. The mechanism isn't designed properly if it requires this type of stop gap. Lubricant may help but will require continuous use of the life of the vehicle if that is in fact allowing it to slide correctly.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
As a person with firsthand knowledge of engineering (design) of parts like this - it is a temporary (half) solution at best. The mechanism isn't designed properly if it requires this type of stop gap. Lubricant may help but will require continuous use of the life of the vehicle if that is in fact allowing it to slide correctly.
Yes, I fully agree with you, but I don’t think Ineos will be rebuilding this in the foreseeable future.

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
View attachment 7828871
While I appreciate the frustration of needing the repairs the more I see of the internals of the Grenadier the more impressed I am. Once they figure out the niggles its going to be a seriously solid platform.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
While I appreciate the frustration of needing the repairs the more I see of the internals of the Grenadier the more impressed I am. Once they figure out the niggles its going to be a seriously solid platform.
I am now waiting for a Transfer case replacement...as mentioned before they must have had a batch that needed replacing because the agent was alerted by my VIN so not hugely across the board.
You are right it is a solid platform...I will endeavor to find out what the transfer case issue is ;)

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am now waiting for a Transfer case replacement...as mentioned before they must have had a batch that needed replacing because the agent was alerted by my VIN so not hugely across the board.
You are right it is a solid platform...I will endeavor to find out what the transfer case issue is ;)
Same situation...got the recall after 5k km on retun from a Tassie trip. Dropped off Mon morning, collected mid Tues afternoon. No hint of problems. They're concerned about long term reliability so swap now to be more certain!!! Mine now has a B on the serial number plate. I'm thinking they may have been "re-manufactured" /rebuilt...which is fine by me.
The chap who did mine is a seasoned BMW trained tech and was most impressed that the replacement box comes prefilled with sufficient oil to accommodate the T/F case cooler which has to be drained as part of the remove/replace exercise. He said it is a well organised process.
:)

Last edited:

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you for sharing @Jean Mercier I’ve also had the odd sticky knob as well
Suffered from the terrible 'sticky knob' affliction yesterday. Driver's door knob fully pressed home and not pushing back! Door would not close properly, a few bangs and wiggling of knob had the desired affect. Will spray some dry silicone lube if I can find it in the pile of mess in the garage (moved recently, not as big as @DaveB industrial unit unfortunately). Last thing you want on your knob is a lube that will attract detritus as with any lock will eventually wear the little bugger down.

Ps had a few dribbles on rear large window yesterday, activated the rear wiper and the dribbles remained, aaaah must be on the inside then! So not only the fantastic boot wash problem but a rear one as well.

Taking the Gren for a small treat this morn, will report back.

Last edited:

Carefant

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My right rear door button kept getting stuck in. I resolved the issue with silicone spray.
Same problem, same door, same solution. Let’s see if silicone spray resolves it permanently, otherwise it’s going on the list of fixes for the dealer. This currently consists of ‘wet feet’ on drivers side, and warning bongs (usually when I hit a bump or a sharp incline on the road) due to the rear doors not being shut when they most definitely are!

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Suffered from the terrible 'sticky knob' affliction yesterday. Driver's door knob fully pressed home and not pushing back! Door would not close properly, a few bangs and wiggling of knob had the desired affect. Will spray some dry silicone lube if I can find it in the pile of mess in the garage (moved recently, not as big as @DaveB industrial unit unfortunately). Last thing you want on your knob is a lube that will attract detritus as with any lock will eventually wear the little bugger down.

Ps had a few dribbles on rear large window yesterday, activated the rear wiper and the dribbles remained, aaaah must be on the inside then! So not only the fantastic boot wash problem but a rear one as well.

Taking the Gren for a small treat this morn, will report back.
Use graphite powder - it wont scum up over time.

CJV

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My Grenadier is in production (August start date). Do we know if the more recent builds have corrected some of the early issues (e.g., door seas, safari roof seals) ?

Local time
Reaction score
My Grenadier is in production (August start date). Do we know if the more recent builds have corrected some of the early issues (e.g., door seas, safari roof seals) ?
I would think they would have exactly the same issues, production doesn’t change mid model.
All these problems is the reason I am waiting until the next model is released in a few years, even then I will be waiting to see if they are any good
After working in the automotive industry for years and knowing my way around car’s pretty well I would never by a first model of anything , even with the likes of Toyota and especially a first model from a new manufacturer
Having said that I have admiration for those who have taken the plunge and sometimes wish I had one in the garage already

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I would think they would have exactly the same issues, production doesn’t change mid model.
All these problems is the reason I am waiting until the next model is released in a few years, even then I will be waiting to see if they are any good
After working in the automotive industry for years and knowing my way around car’s pretty well I would never by a first model of anything , even with the likes of Toyota and especially a first model from a new manufacturer
Having said that I have admiration for those who have taken the plunge and sometimes wish I had one in the garage already
Yes that was my thoughts 35 years ago and pleased i went that path.
My wife has an older sister and she is very nice, but nowhere near as good as my wife.
The second model has been the better choice.

Back
Top Bottom