The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Auxiliary Lights in the Grill - High Power LED light upgrade without any cutting

Which Light Brackets would you be willing to pre-order

• 1) Exzeit LML-5064B (160W total)

Votes: 17 48.6%
  • 2) KC Hilites Flex Era 4 (160W total)

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • 3) Diode Dynamics SS3 (80W total)

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • 4) Clearwater Lights Super Sevina (140W total)

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • 5) Clearwater Lights Dixi (200W total)

Votes: 10 28.6%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

BoiseIdaho

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
3:33 PM
Reaction score
Those are some PAR46 headlights that I was evaluating. They fit into the grill/buckets OK and they look great, but they don't put out any more light than your normal bright headlights. All the PAR46 lights I found would require a custom bracket to hold them in place and they don't quite let the bezels fit back into place, so they are not a very clean install. I decided to focus on higher power pod lights for now.
Got it. Thanks for the explanation! Definitely want higher power…..really appreciate all of your work on this.

Migs

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:33 PM
Reaction score
I’ll do it, as these would be my first choice. I’ll send them to your office @BenTN
I'd get in on these if it works out, these prolly be one of my top choices, too! Happy to pitch in on science experiment if needed, lmk.
fantastic work on this @BenTN !!

BenTN

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:33 PM
Reaction score
Clearwater lights make these super Sevina lights diameter 4.7” 70w 10000 lumens each made in USA. Not cheap but totally dimmable by a rheostat control knob remote mounted in the cabin and top notch quality and support. I have their smaller brother Krista lights on my motorcycle and can attest to their durability and quality

Super Sevina link

Also they sell accessory slip on covers to allow amber lights or clear covers for rock impact protection

Slip on covers link

Other unique feature is their included wiring harness allows you to connect your high beam wire and optionally your horn as a trigger to turn on the auxiliary lights to full power overriding the dimmer setting.

This is an interesting option! The specs are impressive and looking at it on paper I think there is a chance it will fit well. The diameter at 4.7in fits inside the stock bezel, but it seems that the only mount feature (tapped holes) is located on the outside circumference. That makes it tough to reach between light housing and bezel to attach a bracket. The depth looks good so it should sink back into the bucket nicely.

My best guess based on the dims I found (below) is that the mount screws would just barely fit within the inside lip of the bezel. Hard to predict with certainty since I can't find great pics or more detailed dimensions. I'm not even sure this shows correct dims for the Super Sevina.

SevinaDims.jpg

I think it is worth a try if enough people have an interest in this light. It is expensive at $1200, so it is a bit of a stretch to buy just for test fitment. I wonder if anyone has a light on hand that they would donate to the cause. It will be returned to them.

angstorms

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
4:33 PM
Reaction score
I like the KC light too, Hella has some nice light now too, but I plan using KC when I do update.

I post the other light since not all of are going to want brighter spot beam, but may want different beam type. Also I look at Lux and Lumens of light vs watts, LED use less power to do what older light did at higher power.

Current lights are tied into High beams. I need to add low beam augmentation for Fog and Snow. But I have to abide by Colorado regs for light which also limit power and how many light you can have. 2 spot, 2 fog 2 driving , but only. 4 lights can be on at anytime. they limit the portion of the lights

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Current lights are tied into High beams. I need to add low beam augmentation for Fog and Snow.
I don't think the grille lights will be an ideal location for this as they are just as high as the headlamps (or higher depending on where the LED emitter/lens placement is).

I'm considering doing a set of Diode Dynamics SSC2 Pros in their SAE fog pattern in the aux rad. vents; they are small enough to not hinder airflow, and will be mounted lower than the headlamps to try to "start" the light as low as possible

angstorms

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I don't think the grille lights will be an ideal location for this as they are just as high as the headlamps (or higher depending on where the LED emitter/lens placement is).

I'm considering doing a set of Diode Dynamics SSC2 Pros in their SAE fog pattern in the aux rad. vents; they are small enough to not hinder airflow, and will be mounted lower than the headlamps to try to "start" the light as low as possible
I am thinking something similar, lower on the truck. I need to go measure everything again against Colorado rules for height for each light.

Xrford

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
2:33 PM
Reaction score
This is an interesting option! The specs are impressive and looking at it on paper I think there is a chance it will fit well. The diameter at 4.7in fits inside the stock bezel, but it seems that the only mount feature (tapped holes) is located on the outside circumference. That makes it tough to reach between light housing and bezel to attach a bracket. The depth looks good so it should sink back into the bucket nicely.

My best guess based on the dims I found (below) is that the mount screws would just barely fit within the inside lip of the bezel. Hard to predict with certainty since I can't find great pics or more detailed dimensions. I'm not even sure this shows correct dims for the Super Sevina.

View attachment 7850133

I think it is worth a try if enough people have an interest in this light. It is expensive at $1200, so it is a bit of a stretch to buy just for test fitment. I wonder if anyone has a light on hand that they would donate to the cause. It will be returned to them.
I would suggest you reach out them and explain what your trying to do, and since they are a small company, I think they would be willing to work with you. They may even have some manufacturing shell rejects that are still dimensionally correct that they could send you. I know anytime I contacted them, they went out of their way to make sure I was satisfied.

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

View attachment 7850133

I'm a huge fan of the Clearwater lights. I posted earlier but maybe it was overlooked (remember the "melt a Prius" comment)? Anyway, if there's any way to mount Super Sevina or even regular Sevinas, I'M ALL IN.

1711672311061.jpg

BenTN

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm a huge fan of the Clearwater lights. I posted earlier but maybe it was overlooked (remember the "melt a Prius" comment)? Anyway, if there's any way to mount Super Sevina or even regular Sevinas, I'M ALL IN.

Oh man, sorry I lost track of that post from March 19th. I see it now.

I have reached out to Clearwater to see if they will help by providing a sample light. Let's see what they say, then I'll message you directly and we will figure out how to make this happen.

NoMoTaco

Global Grenadier 0742
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@BenTN once you test and finalize some brackets, are they going to be in a shareable file format that could be sent to a company like SendCutSend ?

BenTN

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@BenTN once you test and finalize some brackets, are they going to be in a shareable file format that could be sent to a company like SendCutSend ?
Yes that is in the plan. (BTW I love SendCutSend and already quoted the bracket thru them.)

However the primary goal is to get better pricing by buying in larger batches. This is working well with the reverse camera light shrouds that Stu has available thru the forum store now. Making them in batches and then distributing them thru Global Grenadiers keeps them shipping to everyone and we got it going very quickly.

My dream is to have 2 or 3 of these light kits available there. Buying that way reduces costs but also helps support the forum long term. Plus I think it is a sustainable method for the community to create the things that it wants to see available.

We'll see if we can pull it off.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My thinking: Yellow, halogen fog lamps at this height would be preferable to the stock lighting. And only used for severe conditions, especially snow, sleet, rain.

NorCal Euro

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The effort required to change these lights out is almost a non-starter. Then @BenTN presents this game changer!

I think I would like to fit halogen fog lights to combat snowy weather.
Tom109 - I too would like a set of high power fog lights for inclement weather/low visibility situations. Either switched on manually or incorporated into the high/low beam functionality. Let me know if you find any good products out there.

Ovrland Bill

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
As opposed to driving ‘at speed’, when I am on a trail with tight turns and the occasional gully, I need extra illumination not only to the sides, but also UPWARDS (to see trail surface that I will be climbing after my descent into a gully). For this purpose, would I be best off with a ‘total’ FLOOD light pattern?

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Tom109 - I too would like a set of high power fog lights for inclement weather/low visibility situations. Either switched on manually or incorporated into the high/low beam functionality. Let me know if you find any good products out there.
Yeah, I’m still searching…

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
As opposed to driving ‘at speed’, when I am on a trail with tight turns and the occasional gully, I need extra illumination not only to the sides, but also UPWARDS (to see trail surface that I will be climbing after my descent into a gully). For this purpose, would I be best off with a ‘total’ FLOOD light pattern?
Or roof lighting.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I need extra illumination not only to the sides, but also UPWARDS (to see trail surface that I will be climbing after my descent into a gully). For this purpose, would I be best off with a ‘total’ FLOOD light pattern?
Correct, flood would be more advantageous for you

nuclearbeef

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes that is in the plan. (BTW I love SendCutSend and already quoted the bracket thru them.)

However the primary goal is to get better pricing by buying in larger batches. This is working well with the reverse camera light shrouds that Stu has available thru the forum store now. Making them in batches and then distributing them thru Global Grenadiers keeps them shipping to everyone and we got it going very quickly.

My dream is to have 2 or 3 of these light kits available there. Buying that way reduces costs but also helps support the forum long term. Plus I think it is a sustainable method for the community to create the things that it wants to see available.

We'll see if we can pull it off.
Maybe these would work for people wanting halogen bulbs?
Be nice if they fit the INEOS buckets!
Cheap enough to take a flyer on.

Highest wattage in 12v is 100w, though 24v models go up to 450w.

Back
Top Bottom