The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Vanity License Plates

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:17 PM
Reaction score
no doubt about you @trobex, when you go down the rabbit hole you really chase those rabbits!
My career (as some may see the nature of my posts) was to find who was doing the wrong thing, what was the fault, find them, deal with the problem. 20 odd years. But this takes the cake, there was precedence set a while ago that 'slang' & 'phrases' of the vernacular could not be IP/Trademarked and had to be 'uniquely'' created. For example, people can still put TESLA in the number plate which I explicitly pointed out to PPQ today - which they suggested prior approved plates were not under the new regulation they set. I asked for them to link me to the new PPQ regulations which states name/branding, and they couldn't - so I linnked the lady back to her own terms and conditions which has no such conditions to allow blocking of my poor number plate request... so I think PPQ is telling porky pies and just want to block it because someone they know is linked to LION, or the kid at the desk wants it for himself... which I wouldn't put past some of these Govn. workers... I have known a few to use inside rules to 'get their own'.

Bobby Mac

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:17 AM
Reaction score
My career (as some may see the nature of my posts) was to find who was doing the wrong thing, what was the fault, find them, deal with the problem. 20 odd years. But this takes the cake, there was precedence set a while ago that 'slang' & 'phrases' of the vernacular could not be IP/Trademarked and had to be 'uniquely'' created. For example, people can still put TESLA in the number plate which I explicitly pointed out to PPQ today - which they suggested prior approved plates were not under the new regulation they set. I asked for them to link me to the new PPQ regulations which states name/branding, and they couldn't - so I linnked the lady back to her own terms and conditions which has no such conditions to allow blocking of my poor number plate request... so I think PPQ is telling porky pies and just want to block it because someone they know is linked to LION, or the kid at the desk wants it for himself... which I wouldn't put past some of these Govn. workers... I have known a few to use inside rules to 'get their own'.
I’d be fighting it - as you say, someone else with contacts wants it - it’s getting so corrupt in this state. Or …..

Attachments

• 8D4132C3-924B-41D9-BCAE-62AF36D48A6A.png
    8D4132C3-924B-41D9-BCAE-62AF36D48A6A.png
    298 KB · Views: 38

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’d be fighting it - as you say, someone else with contacts wants it - it’s getting so corrupt in this state. Or …..
Haha! I like it! FU LION? Maybe! Ok getting off topic I am getting my refund and going the OLED TV!!!

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Sic em Rex. There is no reason why you can’t have that plate, unless Lion just took it after PPQ took it off you.
I am certain it is either a member of PPQ wants it, or LION wants it right after me. One or the other. I have violated no terms and conditions and they stonewalled me when I requested a copy of the regulation that bans the plate use.

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just a heads up for those looking for a plate combination, at least in Queensland. If you put a "1" at either end of your design it just looks like parentheses ( 1's don't have any serif) and most combinations are easily available. This also sidesteps a lot of the fuss where the system might automatically flag a combination for trademark violation.

Here's my gift to the forum - first in gets either plate design as I'm not interested in them...

IG PPQ.jpg

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I am certain it is either a member of PPQ wants it, or LION wants it right after me. One or the other. I have violated no terms and conditions and they stonewalled me when I requested a copy of the regulation that bans the plate use.
Mate if you really want them, escalate a complaint. Simple and they have to run it through the process. Get the little bastard sacked. I reckon this is a furphy.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just a heads up for those looking for a plate combination, at least in Queensland. If you put a "1" at either end of your design it just looks like parentheses ( 1's don't have any serif) and most combinations are easily available. This also sidesteps a lot of the fuss where the system might automatically flag a combination for trademark violation.

Here's my gift to the forum - first in gets either plate design as I'm not interested in them...

View attachment 7808799
Hmmmmmmm……
$3000 for a fancy plate, or a set of drawers and maybe a new UHF……..

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hmmmmmmm……
$3000 for a fancy plate, or a set of drawers and maybe a new UHF……..
Why not all of that? I would go $3500 plates, and drawers twin stack, slide out fridge with gas cooker and sink! UHF and VHF - plus Sat so I can check the forums when I'm driving around!!!

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
he was on here wasn't he?

Reactions: PBD

Earthwatcher

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I've never had a personalised number plate, thought they were a waste of money. In fact they've been a bloody good investment over the past years. I thought I'd get one with my wife's initials as keeping her sweet through this buying process has been important and, surprisingly, she wasn't against the idea. A bit annoyed however that INEOS can't just register it with the new plate. They stick their registration on and you have to transfer the plate after buying. That means you pay the fee and then more cash for the actual plates. Not sure I'll bother now, but looking up the various combos whiled away an hour.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I've never had a personalised number plate, thought they were a waste of money. In fact they've been a bloody good investment over the past years. I thought I'd get one with my wife's initials as keeping her sweet through this buying process has been important and, surprisingly, she wasn't against the idea. A bit annoyed however that INEOS can't just register it with the new plate. They stick their registration on and you have to transfer the plate after buying. That means you pay the fee and then more cash for the actual plates. Not sure I'll bother now, but looking up the various combos whiled away an hour.
Let your agent know, they should be able to just make up the personal plates; and it's an instant online change once you have the V5C generated by Ineos.

Earthwatcher

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Has anyone bought a number plate off the DVLA site? Having decided I'd get one, I'm tearing my hair out. I set up an account, logged in, chose a plate, went through the card payment, then a page came up asking me to login, so filled in the login details and it then said it didn't recognise it. Yes, I repeated all this umpteen times, same result. Set up a new account, same thing. Tried to complain to DVLC and they sent me somewhere else because this "service" is run by a private operator. Filled in the complaint box, then had an email saying I'd get a reply within seven working days. Really frustrating. It's not as if I care that much about the bloody plate but I hate it when systems don't work and there's no explanation. I feel like going down to Swansea with a sledgehammer.

JohnHeagney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Has anyone bought a number plate off the DVLA site? Having decided I'd get one, I'm tearing my hair out. I set up an account, logged in, chose a plate, went through the card payment, then a page came up asking me to login, so filled in the login details and it then said it didn't recognise it. Yes, I repeated all this umpteen times, same result. Set up a new account, same thing. Tried to complain to DVLC and they sent me somewhere else because this "service" is run by a private operator. Filled in the complaint box, then had an email saying I'd get a reply within seven working days. Really frustrating. It's not as if I care that much about the bloody plate but I hate it when systems don't work and there's no explanation. I feel like going down to Swansea with a sledgehammer.
No point going to Swansea, they are probably all still “working” from home - post Covid…..

Back
Top Bottom