The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Vanity License Plates

Bobby Mac

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:02 PM
Reaction score
First deliveries in West Aus apparently - check out the Rego Plate on the right - WA must be the only place that allows that many letters on a plate.

Attachments

• D42639A5-1313-4163-965B-571667EF8B4A.jpeg
    D42639A5-1313-4163-965B-571667EF8B4A.jpeg
    208.7 KB · Views: 71

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
First deliveries in West Aus apparently - check out the Rego Plate on the right - WA must be the only place that allows that many letters on a plate.
Seven allowed in Queensland.

Pity his mate cheaped-out on the plate. It’s kind of like standing next to someone who dressed up for an event whilst you opted for thongs (flip-flops).

Greg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
As long as they are your good thongs, no problem. But then you run the risk of being over dressed.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:02 AM
Reaction score
I never saw the appeal of vanity license plates before, but now I am (slightly shamefully) tempted to snag a Grenadier-themed plate for my future rig. Is anyone else struggling with this moral dilemma? :ROFLMAO: GRENNY and GRENADR are the two that come to mind. Curious to hear others' views on the subject and any contemplated plates!
How about B16 COK ? 😂

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:02 AM
Reaction score
I thought that was grumpy git on the right for a moment...!

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just ordered mine to be manufactured ready to go on when it arrives in the coming weeks. This is a mock up, the actual the letters are a bit bigger I think IMG_4392.jpeg

Camskii

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Just ordered mine to be manufactured ready to go on when it arrives in the coming weeks. This is a mock up, the actual the letters are a bit bigger I think View attachment 7820564
I got my plates manufactured in May believing delivery was imminent. How wrong I was! Has been a disaster dealing with RMS and having to put them in storage because they aren't assigned to an existing vehicle.

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just ordered mine to be manufactured ready to go on when it arrives in the coming weeks. This is a mock up, the actual the letters are a bit bigger I think .

Mind are on order too. 🙂

Plates.png

The GT is for Grenadier Trialmaster, but I’m guessing it will also make it go faster. 🙂

Bobby Mac

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I got my plates manufactured in May believing delivery was imminent. How wrong I was! Has been a disaster dealing with RMS and having to put them in storage because they aren't assigned to an existing vehicle.
What state is that? In Qld you can buy them and they are linked to your licence - then you can put them away, sell them, or use them whenever you choose on whatever vehicle you choose (registered to you of course).

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think they will keep them for 60 days before you have to put in storage and they say they take anout 21 days for manufacture. So hopefully I Will be ok, if mine is longer than 11 weeks away then something has gone very wrong somewhere, although of course that’s always possible.

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
What state is that? In Qld you can buy them and they are linked to your licence - then you can put them away, sell them, or use them whenever you choose on whatever vehicle you choose (registered to you of course).
NSW, they have to be linked to a registered vehicle otherwise they stay with the RMS.

Camskii

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
I think they will keep them for 60 days before you have to put in storage and they say they take anout 21 days for manufacture. So hopefully I Will be ok, if mine is longer than 11 weeks away then something has gone very wrong somewhere, although of course that’s always possible.
I was given an extra 21 days out of the goodness of the heart of the service manager but was then told in no uncertain terms they would be destroyed if I didn't pay the $62 storage fee after that period 🙄

Camskii

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
NSW

Bobby Mac

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
NSW, they have to be linked to a registered vehicle otherwise they stay with the RMS.
Well thar ya go! That does make it hard if you think of a great combo that hasn’t been taken and you don’t know when the vehicle is arriving. Somebody else could easily take it unless there’s some other method of reserving it.
I’ve had mine sitting at home since about Oct last year I think it was. Hopefully will have something to hang them on within a week or two!IMG_1228.jpeg

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well thar ya go! That does make it hard if you think of a great combo that hasn’t been taken and you don’t know when the vehicle is arriving. Somebody else could easily take it unless there’s some other method of reserving it.
I’ve had mine sitting at home since about Oct last year I think it was. Hopefully will have something to hang them on within a week or two!View attachment 7820574
You can reserve one for a fee, I have had mine reserved since September last year. The fee to hold it at RMS is cheaper than the annual reservation fee so I decided to just get it made.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:02 PM
Reaction score
You can reserve one for a fee, I have had mine reserved since September last year. The fee to hold it at RMS is cheaper than the annual reservation fee so I decided to just get it made.
In Western Australia there is no hold fee, I have several plates being held by the DOT, private and commercial.

Back
Top Bottom