The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Vanity License Plates

Local time
3:15 PM
Reaction score
I only have standard issue plates on my other cars and a period correct license plate for the Alfa but am also toying with putting something more meaningful on the Grenadier.

I have a few basic rules though when it comes to choosing a plate.
1. Don’t make a plate that identifies what the car is. That’s the job of the manufacturer so why pay extra to duplicate the model badging somehow.
2. Don’t put your name or initials or similar on your plate or it’ll be like those dorky T-shirts kids would wear in the 70s with their name on it. And god forbid you do something like “SUE69”. Do these people really like advertising their name AND age everywhere? …or maybe it’s her favourite position? I don’t know.
Totally agree. Can’t stand MYTESLA type plates. My rule — on top of yours — is all correctly spelled words, the name of the vehicle.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:15 PM
Reaction score
Totally agree. Can’t stand MYTESLA type plates. My rule — on top of yours — is all correctly spelled words, the name of the vehicle.
So you wouldn't go with IM3L337 ? Haha.

The wife and I have agreed to the personalised plate that "I am" allowed to have. I had to get permission. But I got it. Just can't say what it is until it's confirmed don't want any last minute steal!

Bobby Mac

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:15 AM
Reaction score
Yeah, I’m not sure how much people take notice of plates anyway. I have 96DEF on my 1996 Defender and I still get asked all the time what year it is, and I thought it would be obvious. At least the plate should be easily resold if/when desired as it’s not too personalised. Some I see for horrific resale prices and it’s hard to know what they even mean.

Bobby Mac

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:15 AM
Reaction score
So you wouldn't go with IM3L337 ? Haha.

The wife and I have agreed to the personalised plate that "I am" allowed to have. I had to get permission. But I got it. Just can't say what it is until it's confirmed don't want any last minute steal!
I bought this plate for my wife’s new car recently - she didn’t find out until the pulled the ‘reveal’ sheet off it in the showroom - wasn’t sure how she’d react but she loves it - it gets lots of (good) comments.

Attachments

• 7B7B8E83-875E-49E2-9699-0BE85F18EBE9.jpeg
    7B7B8E83-875E-49E2-9699-0BE85F18EBE9.jpeg
    10.1 KB · Views: 132

tnkatoy

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I never saw the appeal of vanity license plates before, but now I am (slightly shamefully) tempted to snag a Grenadier-themed plate for my future rig. Is anyone else struggling with this moral dilemma? :ROFLMAO: GRENNY and GRENADR are the two that come to mind. Curious to hear others' views on the subject and any contemplated plates!
I agree, it is all pure vanity and a shameful waste of money that could be spent on something actually useful like recovery gear or lighting .... but then I have everything I want for 4x4 and camping, so I too have succumb to the vanity of owning a Grenadier and ordered TNKATOY (TONKA was already taken!).

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Tomato

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Vanity plates? So vain no? I've spent my whole life telling everybody how tasteless they are and then I just couldn't help myself. I had 007 GB and BOGAN when I was in NSW Australia. Sadly this UK plate reads GRINDER so will have to go with the BMW IG one instead. Mind you I'll miss all the honking and winking I got with the GRINDER plate in traffic.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:15 AM
Reaction score
In Germany we always have the first one to three letters for the city or administration area where the car is registered. For me it is BI for the city Bielefeld.
So I could go for
BI IG 16
Or
BI ER 16

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
In Germany we always have the first one to three letters for the city or administration area where the car is registered. For me it is BI for the city Bielefeld.
So I could go for
BI IG 16
Or
BI ER 16
What about BINEOS...

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:15 AM
Reaction score
What about BINEOS...
Great idea but I only have one or two letters and between one and four numbers after the Letters of the city (BI)
So there’s nearly no fancy stuff possible
(Except of the old Mercedes 560 SEC from Stuttgart with an „light“ body tuning and the plate „ S-EX 6996“😬

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So... I got this option:
a. buy new 75" TV for new home...
b. buy new 65" budget TV for new home + buy new Prestige Plates from PPQ for the same money basically...
I think we know which way this is going - I don't watch TB much...

Back
Top Bottom