The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas USA: Insurance

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:09 PM
Reaction score
State Farm in Illinois quoted me $569 each 6 months. So $1,150 per annum and that is full coverage and quite extensive with a multi car discount as all my 5 cars are with them. Not bad as this is the same price we pay for our 2019 Merc GLS 450
State Farm seems to be doing the best by most people!

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:09 AM
Reaction score
State Farm in Illinois quoted me $569 each 6 months. So $1,150 per annum and that is full coverage and quite extensive with a multi car discount as all my 5 cars are with them. Not bad as this is the same price we pay for our 2019 Merc GLS 450
Wow, I need to move to Illinois, my California State Farm agent quoted me $1200 per 6 months. DaBull

grenexplorer

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
State Farm quoted me $1,656 a year for my Trialmaster. Multiple cars and home with them. Low deductible though.

TRAILMASTER

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:09 PM
Reaction score
Meeting with my Illinois AMFAM agent soon as my IG arrives to Knauz in coming weeks (not months :ROFLMAO:).
Costco (IL) purportedly also offers a discount through AMFAM insurance (anyone compared their rates)?
30+ years as AMFAM client with an extensive portfolio so expect a very competitive quote.
Regardless, I will finally shop (especially now as we both "early" retired with 2 teenage drivers on policy). Hear State Farm has best rates for teens?

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My policy is below. $1,056/6 mths with Progressive

Attachments

• IMG_0493.png
    IMG_0493.png
    354.4 KB · Views: 10
Local time
11:09 AM
Reaction score
I have State Farm. I asked for a quote for payment every 6 months for a Land Rover Defender 130 P400 ($85k) and Grenadier Trialmaster ($85k). My agent had no idea that the Grenadier existed but eventually was able to write a policy: $661 every 6 months for the Defender and $683 for the Grenadier. Given the complete lack of history with the Grenadier I was shocked that the premium was so low. I have a lot of discounts bundled with home, umbrella, etc. but insurance is not nearly the obstacle I thought it would be.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have State Farm. I asked for a quote for payment every 6 months for a Land Rover Defender 130 P400 ($85k) and Grenadier Trialmaster ($85k). My agent had no idea that the Grenadier existed but eventually was able to write a policy: $661 every 6 months for the Defender and $683 for the Grenadier. Given the complete lack of history with the Grenadier I was shocked that the premium was so low. I have a lot of discounts bundled with home, umbrella, etc. but insurance is not nearly the obstacle I thought it would be.
I might move to Utah from California. I am paying State Farm $1282.09 every six months and I have every bundle and that is with a $2000 deductible too.

TRAILMASTER

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:09 PM
Reaction score
My AmFam agent of 30+ years quoted me $230/mo ($2,760 annual) for the Grenadier that I hope to soon have in possession.
I protested and just learned they have a "new better" pricing structure so awaiting that fabulous rate quote. Better sharpen his pencil!!!
Based on 5 vehicles but I will promptly sell one (total quote was $$794/mo) as I have a 20 year-old son, 17 year-old daughter, wife and myself 60+ all with clean records on the policy.
Looks like time to seriously shop Insurance as they also insure my homes, toys, umbrella policy, etc
Well aware there are 2-3 companies that are far cheaper for teen drivers, etc.
Suggestions Welcome

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My AmFam agent of 30+ years quoted me $230/mo ($2,760 annual) for the Grenadier that I hope to soon have in possession.
I protested and just learned they have a "new better" pricing structure so awaiting that fabulous rate quote. Better sharpen his pencil!!!
Based on 5 vehicles but I will promptly sell one (total quote was $$794/mo) as I have a 20 year-old son, 17 year-old daughter, wife and myself 60+ all with clean records on the policy.
Looks like time to seriously shop Insurance as they also insure my homes, toys, umbrella policy, etc
Well aware there are 2-3 companies that are far cheaper for teen drivers, etc.
Suggestions Welcome
Look at State Farm. They seem to offer the best rates with rare exception compared to other companies. In looking though at the CA rates, as realtors say ... location, location, location may make a big difference.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I might move to Utah from California. I am paying State Farm $1282.09 every six months and I have every bundle and that is with a $2000 deductible too.
Options are always good. I’m in NJ (East Coast CA), but my rate from USAA was $84/month to add the Gren in December. Full coverage, 6th vehicle, $500 deductible.

IG_LA

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
This 6 months premium of $600 is unimaginable for an unknown and brand spanking new make. I understand there are multiple coverage discounts and so am I (grenadier + motorcycle + home) and yet my premium is $1500+ ($500 deduct/full coverage) with a clean record.

How old are you guys 100? :unsure:

Edit: Referring to LA County residents

Last edited:

dreamalaska

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:09 AM
Reaction score
Though everyones insurance rate is different based on coverage and bundling, USAA has quoted me $477/6mo, which is only $50 more every 6 mo than my 2013 BMW X6, which is extremely reasonable. If you, your spouse or one of your parents served anytime in the military or uniform service you can qualify to be a member. If you want to research reviews and stability of different insurance companies try Clark.com

Local time
Reaction score
Well I’ve had a hell of a time with insurance in NC. I’m with National General. The pricing is fine. But, because they have never heard of an Ineos Grenadier they wrote the policy on a Toyota Highlander with my Ineos ViN. All seemed amusing and great until I had to get a windshield replaced three weeks after taking delivery. Nat Gen works directly with Safelite, all good there, but Safelite confidently said they could replace it but they were thinking Toyota. When they found out it was an Ineos and that they couldn’t source the parts directly they declined to replace it. BTW it over $ 2800 to replace the windshield!!

Kverheyen

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Who's shopped around and what have you found? I know it's location dependent but should still give an idea. I'm in Houston, Tx and my LR Discovery TD6 is about $2k/yr. Nothing on my record. Hoping this thing isn't insane.
My Grenadier insurance costs $1250/year in Idaho. I have 11 cars so I am sure that's a volume discount.

LeeroyJ

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:09 PM
Reaction score
Well I’ve had a hell of a time with insurance in NC. I’m with National General. The pricing is fine. But, because they have never heard of an Ineos Grenadier they wrote the policy on a Toyota Highlander with my Ineos ViN. All seemed amusing and great until I had to get a windshield replaced three weeks after taking delivery. Nat Gen works directly with Safelite, all good there, but Safelite confidently said they could replace it but they were thinking Toyota. When they found out it was an Ineos and that they couldn’t source the parts directly they declined to replace it. BTW it over $ 2800 to replace the windshield!!
Safelite was useless for my windshield too (and thats with USAA and with the vehicle specified as a Grenadier). USAA farms out their windshield replacements to Safelite. I ended up buying the windshield directly from Mossy Ineos in San Diego ($1800 for just the windshield), and I need to get the trim piece from them (not sure on the cost for that), and then have an installer coming to install it next Monday for $250. I'll then submit for reimbursement from USAA, we'll see how that goes.

I'm not sure if I'll try to get reimbursed for replacing the ceramic window tinting or not.

On a side note, I heard that if it needs recalibration from the ADAS system after the windshield replacement, that the system is the same used by Nissan so a Nissan dealer should be able to recalibrate.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Safelite was useless for my windshield too (and thats with USAA and with the vehicle specified as a Grenadier). USAA farms out their windshield replacements to Safelite. I ended up buying the windshield directly from Mossy Ineos in San Diego ($1800 for just the windshield), and I need to get the trim piece from them (not sure on the cost for that), and then have an installer coming to install it next Monday for $250. I'll then submit for reimbursement from USAA, we'll see how that goes.

I'm not sure if I'll try to get reimbursed for replacing the ceramic window tinting or not.

On a side note, I heard that if it needs recalibration from the ADAS system after the windshield replacement, that the system is the same used by Nissan so a Nissan dealer should be able to recalibrate.
Following, fellow USAA customer.

Back
Top Bottom