The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

The Utility Belt

Zacman110

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:24 AM
Reaction score

Be easy to have a mix - some that clipped to the utility belt and some magnetically. Significantly cheaper than a wrap, and would preserve the paint warranty.

Where would it attach to the front wings?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
5:24 AM
Reaction score
I'd bet the paint warranty is about general failure and not normal wear and tear.
Exactly. It won't peel off in the sun sort of thing.
Wear and tear is a very very rubbery term. Ask anyone who has had to deal with insurance!

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:24 AM
Reaction score
If someone developed “armor” to protect against trail rash that simply clipped into the belt when needed, I’d consider it
The issue is it wouldn't protect the tops of the doors and front fender, great idea though

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am still working on design of my detachable tables to fasten to these Utility rails
Two supports which slot into the top rail and if needed a swing down leg which slots into the lower 2 hole module. stainless steel shelf with a hinged lid panel to swing up and protect the paint from heat and splashes. If I recall correctly these rails are fastened to the frame of the door and can carry 100 kg per door
A great spot to put a hot plate or jet boil under the awning and to make lunch and a cuppa.
If you don't need the shelf you can use the supports to hold a bag for your rubbish, hang clothes/towels on to dry or if you are a lot lighter than me you could use them as another step to access the roof, depending on the shear strength of the fittings and supports.
Hi DaveB.
Have you advanced your thinking around external folding tables attached to the utility belt rails?

I may have missed seeing discussion on this but also my perception is that we have seen pretty much zero ideas on practical (usable) ideas for the utility belts from aftermarket suppliers?

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:24 PM
Reaction score
You could also attach a toilet seat like the bumper dumper on the Top Gear arctic special
Timing comment the TG arctic special was on UK TV last night just about at the time you made your comments. Coincidence or planning on your part

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Timing comment the TG arctic special was on UK TV last night just about at the time you made your comments. Coincidence or planning on your part
In Tasmania I can't get UKTV , so it was a "coincidence" if you believe in that phenomenon ;)

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:24 PM
Reaction score
Last edited:

Deepblue

#00274 - Swiss Vehicle (SD1-1/63)
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:24 PM
Reaction score

View attachment 7808402View attachment 7808404
I'm more convinced than ever that Ineos doesn't really have a clue what to do with them. 😕
By the looks of it they are working on an electric version of the grenadier… electric generator in the boot and some jerrycans to allow enough range 😃

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:24 PM
Reaction score
Having seen the video of the clipboard / document holder, I look forward to driving down the highway at 75 MPH with one of those dangling from a D-ring on my door, perhaps between the 4x 20L NATO Jerry cans full of petrol.

Back
Top Bottom