The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

The Utility Belt

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:34 AM
Reaction score
I’d be prepared to bet that less that 10% of people with the utility belt will ever use it.
I’m certainly going to be in the 90% only because I ordered a trialmaster. But I am hopeful there will be a side table accessory appearing sooner rather than later. In the short term I’ll be on the look out for some filler strips that will securely stay in place at highway speed.

Cheers
Steve

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:34 AM
Reaction score
I think they have chosen that size because it doesn't protrude past the hips of the vehicle. So you could use them on road
Once offroad you could easily stack them 2 deep on each side if needed

View attachment 7806445
Seems like we will not be able to mount anything like this in the U.K. as per Grenadier manual.
“ Exterior Utility Belt (OPTIONAL) WARNING: The Exterior Utility Belt (and any items attached to it) can only be used when off-road. On-road use is prohibited. Loading equipment on the exterior of the vehicle may change the handling characteristics. Users should not load the vehicle, any options or accessories (or any part of them) beyond their intended capacities. Improper use of the vehicle or other equipment may be unsafe and could result in property damage and/or injury to users and/or other parties.”

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:34 AM
Reaction score
Seems like we will not be able to mount anything like this in the U.K. as per Grenadier manual.
“ Exterior Utility Belt (OPTIONAL) WARNING: The Exterior Utility Belt (and any items attached to it) can only be used when off-road. On-road use is prohibited. Loading equipment on the exterior of the vehicle may change the handling characteristics. Users should not load the vehicle, any options or accessories (or any part of them) beyond their intended capacities. Improper use of the vehicle or other equipment may be unsafe and could result in property damage and/or injury to users and/or other parties.”
I think there's a general abundance of caution throughout the manual; you can see why a manufacturer says it but it's not their responsibility how you use it once off the lot.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:34 PM
Reaction score
They are probably saying that to protect themselves against lawsuits when some person mounts a 20kg table on the side and hits the motorway at 160kmh

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
4:34 AM
Reaction score
As far as I could find out yet, in Germany load attached to the sides of a vehicle must not stand out beyond the width of the car and must be properly protected against falling off. Does anyone here have any other info?

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
As far as I could find out yet, in Germany load attached to the sides of a vehicle must not stand out beyond the width of the car and must be properly protected against falling off. Does anyone here have any other info?
Sounds reasonable! When the cops stop me I will tell them to ask muxmax for confirmation 😀

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
But seriously, all I could find was §22 StVO. Nothing on the net, not even in 4x4 magazines…

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
But seriously, all I could find was §22 StVO. Nothing on the net, not even in 4x4 magazines…

I guess you are right.

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:34 PM
Reaction score
That is for the dealer to use, not end customer
That was my first thought, a great place to keep the paperwork for models as they move them around...

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
12:34 PM
Reaction score
If someone developed “armor” to protect against trail rash that simply clipped into the belt when needed, I’d consider it
Where would it attach to the front wings?

Back
Top Bottom