The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

The Utility Belt

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:56 PM
Reaction score
A quick awning, some detachable tables, fold out chair, fridge in the back and something to make a good espresso
Load ratings look good enough for my proper coffee machine and mini Mazzer grinder.

So maybe these rails just took the coffee van concept and turned it inside out.

Also another vote for Aeropress as a compact alternative. And a handheld drill on the spigot of the porlex grinder

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:56 AM
Reaction score
dave, yeah, thanks for reposting. I had seen this; im hoping for something similar. This one seems to be only 15l per tank, and doesnt use the potential space that thoroughly, but definitely potential. I think in Oz too it will need to be smooth and rounded outer face, to avid being damged/holed by scrub.
picky requiremnt of mine, I know…. But I am dreaming about hypothetical perfect products😉
theres room on that framing system to mabe go 2x15l per side, vertically oriented…

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:56 AM
Reaction score
dave, yeah, thanks for reposting. I had seen this; im hoping for something similar. This one seems to be only 15l per tank, and doesnt use the potential space that thoroughly, but definitely potential. I think in Oz too it will need to be smooth and rounded outer face, to avid being damged/holed by scrub.
picky requiremnt of mine, I know…. But I am dreaming about hypothetical perfect products😉
theres room on that framing system to mabe go 2x15l per side, vertically oriented…
I think they have chosen that size because it doesn't protrude past the hips of the vehicle. So you could use them on road
Once offroad you could easily stack them 2 deep on each side if needed

1679104119853.png

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think they have chosen that size because it doesn't protrude past the hips of the vehicle. So you could use them on road
Once offroad you could easily stack them 2 deep on each side if needed
agree. I like the slim line. Just looks like they could go higher by 150, lower by 200, and further to rear as well, only really using ~1/2 available volume. Would suit 2 ‘portrait’ rather than 1 ‘landscape’.
i think they would have to be road legal to be any use, but jlr got those pointlessly small lunchboxes through, so presumably….
let wait and hope😃

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
agree. I like the slim line. Just looks like they could go higher by 150, lower by 200, and further to rear as well, only really using ~1/2 available volume. Would suit 2 ‘portrait’ rather than 1 ‘landscape’.
i think they would have to be road legal to be any use, but jlr got those pointlessly small lunchboxes through, so presumably….
let wait and hope😃
They are standard Rotopax containers available for sale in Australia in a number of places

1679109672636.png

Wayneos

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It won't apply to many in the civilian market, but the belt seems like a really optimal way to mount ballistic armor on the exterior of the doors.

Come the zombie apocalypse that might come in handy!

YIPPE

GG #00286
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Not sure if it has been noted, for those opting no utility belt. The Aussie prototypes without the belt has this wavy flimsy plastic strip, I was told some early cars may get utility belt on the rear as ineos weren't happy with the finish. However American prototypes have a recessed channel as their utility belt replacement insert. Which seems to have fixed the problem.

Attachments

• PXL_20230212_061434427.jpg
    PXL_20230212_061434427.jpg
    267.6 KB · Views: 80
  • Screenshot_20230328-124415.png
    Screenshot_20230328-124415.png
    603.1 KB · Views: 78

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Not sure if it has been noted, for those opting no utility belt. The Aussie prototypes without the belt has this wavy flimsy plastic strip, I was told some early cars may get utility belt on the rear as ineos weren't happy with the finish. However American prototypes have a recessed channel as their utility belt replacement insert. Which seems to have fixed the problem.
I am still trying to work out why someone wouldn't go with the utility belt anyway.

YIPPE

GG #00286
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am still trying to work out why someone wouldn't go with the utility belt anyway.
Personally I didn't as it can be added later. The only spot I think it would be useful for me is the rear quarter. Obviously over time that may change and I can add it all later. Also when I opted and ordered the car lct was up in the air. I didn't want to make too many changes once it was dropped as most people who made changes then has random changes and contracts incorrect. So it was a bit of a safer option to leave it off. My fingers crossed I'm an early car that has the rear stripped swapped out for the track then I'll be extra happy.

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
3:56 PM
Reaction score
From what I‘ve heard, the issue has been resolved so don’t try to get the utility rails for free by not ordering them.

YIPPE

GG #00286
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
From what I‘ve heard, the issue has been resolved so don’t try to get the utility rails for free by not ordering them.
Na not planning just a bonus if it did happen. They will be parts that can be ordered and swapped out later. Not an issue

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:56 PM
Reaction score
The sections for the doors appear to be neither those strips nor the reassessed channel:

FB_IMG_1654058949941.jpg

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I will add them later if I need it and someone (here) comes with a great idea for them.
Till then I am just happy that I do not have those dust and mud collectors on the vehicles side.

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I will add them later if I need it and someone (here) comes with a great idea for them.
Till then I am just happy that I do not have those dust and mud collectors on the vehicles side.
My info from IA Böblingen is that adding them later on may be difficult as they are not (yet) available separately.

Back
Top Bottom