The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

The Utility Belt

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:34 PM
Reaction score
Believe it or not, I've heard that even shooting while touching a vehicle is illegal in Arizona. I can see not firing from the seat in the interest of further criminalizing poaching, as I think the intent was when they wrote it. Weird law to me, if true, but that's what I've been told. Can't even rest across the bed of a pickup.
In the UK it is illegal to shoot over water...there are odd bits of legislation where ever you look!!

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
11:34 AM
Reaction score

View attachment 7808402View attachment 7808404
I'm more convinced than ever that Ineos doesn't really have a clue what to do with them. 😕

This might not be the worst idea ever (far from the best though!) - I'm thinking of being an owner who has a few acres or more and needs to ferry fuel and a generator and maybe a welder or something to a corner of the land to do a project. To carry this stuff is a ton of work. Not everyone with an acre or two will have the usual off-road utility wagons that a farmer might have, and if they do, some of them would be smaller and won't carry stuff as easily as the Gren (i.e a four-wheeler or quad bike; great if you have a few acres but not great at moving cargo). Kitted out like this, I'd never go faster than walking speed, but I can see this being a lot easier and safer than making a bunch of trips on foot hauling this stuff by hand. I'd probably find a better way to secure the jerry cans to protect the paint a bit, but I think in the right context I can see myself using the rig in this way (Note: public roads would not be that context!).

As far as examples though this is a bit like showing a person how duct tape can be used if you've lost the pin to the grenade you were carrying and need to hold the spoon in place. Like -- yes, I can see how duct tape would help in that situation....but aren't there better examples of how useful duct tape can be that are probably more applicable to the majority of folks? So I agree with your conclusion that they don't have many ideas on what to do with them!

One of the other uses I was thinking of is if you are clearing or creating trail. Some kind of mount for an axe, shovel, and a scabbard for a chainsaw, some fuel can mounts for oil and gas, as well as a small table for chain sharpening/bar oil fills/etc. mean your trail clearer can easily access his or her necessary tools without having to hop in and out of the vehicle or move a bunch of cargo around to get what they need every 30 minutes, while whoever is driving can continue to crawl forward. This stuff would be demounted and stowed for highway use, but would be very handy to have it "grab and go" once you started work.

Bushguide

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
2:34 PM
Reaction score
A lot of people will want to attach one of these to use with Starlink , after using their cappuccino maker and 4 burner slide out wilderness kitchen
View attachment 7808465
Tazzieman,
My wife has been sending me Emails of property For Sale in Tasmania.... I dont know why , but after showing her this photo she has stopped.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
4:34 AM
Reaction score
Tazzieman,
My wife has been sending me Emails of property For Sale in Tasmania.... I dont know why , but after showing her this photo she has stopped.
I know why...she has paid a reservation/deposit on a nice little Tassy place overlooking the river where she can watch the platypuses and identify the different birdies 😁

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:34 PM
Reaction score
In Germany it is forbidden to shoot from a car while hunting. But not forbidden from the car roof or roof rack when the vehicle is stationary. I don't know about the pickup.
When I am leaving the car thru the safari window it should be right. Probably no part of the body is allowed to stay in the car

Bushguide

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
2:34 PM
Reaction score
I know why...she has paid a reservation/deposit on a nice little Tassy place overlooking the river where she can watch the platypuses and identify the different birdies 😁
I guess it beats watching the Crocodiles.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
at the least the belt can serve as a bottle opener
Perhaps there is a bottle opener with an airline mount?

Would look interesting for the police in case of a vehicle control: "Do you agree to a breathalyzer test?".

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
in Germany load attached to the sides of a vehicle must not stand out beyond the width of the car
Which width is meant?

breite.png

I know that this traffic sign in Germany which prescribes the maximum width of a car for some road (2,5m in this example) is meant to include the side mirrors. My interpretation says, all protrusions within the width of the side mirrors should be ok - as long as they are withing the limits of the §22 StVO.

So I don't care.

Last edited:

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score

In Germany - yes.
§22 StVO says that rods are not allowed to protrude sideways. :p

Einzelne Stangen oder Pfähle, waagerecht liegende Platten und andere schlecht erkennbare Gegenstände dürfen seitlich nicht herausragen.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Last time we were down there I had all sorts of romantic ideas about semi retiring by buying the Stanley van park and working that for ten years or so. I often wish I had.

So much to do down there, walking, wining, whiskying, fishing, 4wding, hiking……loved the place.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Last time we were down there I had all sorts of romantic ideas about semi retiring by buying the Stanley van park and working that for ten years or so. I often wish I had.

So much to do down there, walking, wining, whiskying, fishing, 4wding, hiking……loved the place.
The lifestyle is as versatile as a utility belt :giggle:

Back
Top Bottom