The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Side steps built in Australia

Rooballer

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:26 PM
Reaction score
Having side steps manufactured in Australia, using all 3 mount points. Black powder coated finish similar to front steel bumper. Mounted under door sill in similar position to rock sliders and will protrude outwards to width of tyre.
Will post pics when completed.
Very interested in this - have not been able to find anyone locally who is keen to do side steps/rock sliders for the Grenadier..

Yards10

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Very interested in this - have not been able to find anyone locally who is keen to do side steps/rock sliders for the Grenadier..
Factory rock sliders were not useful as side steps and the factory side steps were too low (think only mounted at each end) and were thus prone to being damaged and reduced ground clearance whist off roading. Therefore I wanted side steps that were mounted higher, were mounted in 3 places and could also provide damage protection to the sills below the doors.
First engineering shop were too expensive and would be cheaper importing. 2nd shop said ok (price about $2k but I’m also covering their development costs so should be cheaper for repeat orders) so meeting with them to finalise design. We have discussed them having two bars with foot plate in between and both ends angled off the same as the corners of the front and rear bumpers. Texture similar to wheel guards/bumpers in black colour.

Yards10

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Also any comments re design would be appreciated. My thoughts might be incorrect such as only wanting then to protrude as far out as the tyres etc. I think this would provide enough tread to be useable as side steps etc.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:26 AM
Reaction score
Factory rock sliders were not useful as side steps and the factory side steps were too low (think only mounted at each end) and were thus prone to being damaged and reduced ground clearance whist off roading. Therefore I wanted side steps that were mounted higher, were mounted in 3 places and could also provide damage protection to the sills below the doors.
First engineering shop were too expensive and would be cheaper importing. 2nd shop said ok (price about $2k but I’m also covering their development costs so should be cheaper for repeat orders) so meeting with them to finalise design. We have discussed them having two bars with foot plate in between and both ends angled off the same as the corners of the front and rear bumpers. Texture similar to wheel guards/bumpers in black colour.
Factory side steps are mounted on three points and although very strong are a bit low for me and I will change at some point to combined rock slider steps. IMG_1781.jpeg

Karearea

Production/Transit
Local time
9:26 PM
Reaction score
Watching with interest here as I too am after the slider/step combo with a higher than the factory position look.
Absolutely love the LeTech one but recently received a quote for landed cost in NZ and it sadly doubled the price! (Still considering them though 🙄)

ninetubes

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:26 PM
Reaction score
I cut and moved the factory sliders up and outward. Only just finished, will remove and refinish in texture powdercoat soon.

Attachments

• IMG_1763.jpeg
    IMG_1763.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 127
  • IMG_1762.jpeg
    IMG_1762.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 104
  • IMG_1761.jpeg
    IMG_1761.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 97
  • IMG_1759.jpeg
    IMG_1759.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 86
  • IMG_1758.jpeg
    IMG_1758.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 84
  • IMG_1757.jpeg
    IMG_1757.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 83
  • IMG_1760.jpeg
    IMG_1760.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 91
  • IMG_1759.jpeg
    IMG_1759.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 145

Zacman110

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:26 PM
Reaction score
I cut and moved the factory sliders up and outward. Only just finished, will remove and refinish in texture powdercoat soon.
This is the way.

I think there would be a market for a fabricator to make a jig to allow easy (and square!) rewelding and modify lots of these - I’ve heard numerous complaints! And they would still work with the factory scrub bars.

Yards10

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Side steps manufactured and installed. 2 1/2 inch pipe and powder coated in same finish as steel bumpers

Attachments

• IMG_0603.jpeg
    IMG_0603.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 109
  • IMG_0602.jpeg
    IMG_0602.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 105
  • IMG_0601.jpeg
    IMG_0601.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 103
  • IMG_0600.jpeg
    IMG_0600.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 101
  • IMG_0604.jpeg
    IMG_0604.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 99

Yards10

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I wanted a decent sized side step as I use the Ineos as a daily driver and because they fit just under the door sill I needed to have them come out wider then the tyres by about 5cm. Otherwise there would have been little to actually step on.
I’d rather scratch the side steps then the car when off road and it protects from parking dings.

Rooballer

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I wanted a decent sized side step as I use the Ineos as a daily driver and because they fit just under the door sill I needed to have them come out wider then the tyres by about 5cm. Otherwise there would have been little to actually step on.
I’d rather scratch the side steps then the car when off road and it protects from parking dings.
Completely agree - are they level or do they angle up, hard to tell from the pics..

Are you able to share where you had them made - definitely in line with what I am after?

Karearea

Production/Transit
Local time
9:26 PM
Reaction score
Interesting 🤔
Nice look and they seem substantial too 😁👍🏼
Cost, if it’s not too rude?

Yards10

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
$2700 but hand built and the 1st they have done. Other then importing there was no other option and factory ineos side steps were not what I wanted. Given steel tube used is 2 1/2 inch yes they are very substantial.

YIPPE

GG #00286
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My wife and I were literally talking about some sidesteps yesterday! These look brilliant. Could you please put some photos up of mounting and if there is a slider incorporated too. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom