The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Roof racks, Head up displays and dash cams etc. Any after market accessory.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
1:32 PM
Reaction score
Task for today - work out where to fix a permanent bottle opener on my Grenadier - got the idea from that J Leno video that someone posted. Roof rack seems a bit high up, perhaps the utility belt....
That's why it's called a utility belt! Probably just use the UB to open the bottle...
Now, where to mount my teppanyaki knife? On the grille?

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My wife can't stand the grumpy old fidget. He's an arrogant twat who adores the sound of his own voice.
No wonder his wife remains at home.
We prefer Ronny Dahl , a guy who actually gets his hands dirty- plus physically/emotionally could be relied upon in a real emergency situation.
Yes Ronny is good.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Agree - but I think ASPW has done a tremendous amount of off roading in Africa when he was younger probably less now that he is past 60
He's 1 year older than me , and I remain 18 years old in all respects except for bank balance.
Don't let yourself go , you young fellas!

cheswick

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The other consideration in all of this is the total weight of the system. A good steel rack will undoubtedly be stronger and last forever, but when you‘re counting kilograms of payload on a long expedition I reckon there are better ways to spend the weight, if at all.

Less weight up high is preferable on every corner, corrugations, technical terrain and will help you make that swerve around the roo/deer/villager. That said, if the use case is less sensitive to payload and high roll centre-type concerns then steel is probably best.
If only I could afford a titanium roof rack :)

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If only I could afford a titanium roof rack :)
Funny you should say that… some colleagues and I were messing around with a carbon fibre (specifically, fibre reinforced 3D printed) rack, presently stalled in the prototype stage. Ran the numbers on titanium and magnesium at some point just out of curiosity. If you win the lottery give us a ping and we’ll get one knocked up.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Funny you should say that… some colleagues and I were messing around with a carbon fibre (specifically, fibre reinforced 3D printed) rack, presently stalled in the prototype stage. Ran the numbers on titanium and magnesium at some point just out of curiosity. If you win the lottery give us a ping and we’ll get one knocked up.
I'm wondering of the ductility of steel, despite the weight penalty mightn't make it a better proposition than titanium, which, for all its strength and light weight, is nevertheless brittle compared with steel. The carbon fibre option with graphene in the mix might be a better high tech $$$ solution...

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm wondering of the ductility of steel, despite the weight penalty mightn't make it a better proposition than titanium, which, for all its strength and light weight, is nevertheless brittle compared with steel. The carbon fibre option with graphene in the mix might be a better high tech $$$ solution...
Yeah, exactly Denis. The ultralight rack on our drawing board is intended to move in concert with the dynamic structural flex of the vehicle, like a shoe bends with the foot. The idea is to load up those structural models straight from OEM and use parametric design to spit out a model-specific solution optimised for weight/flex/cost. Issue for now is less the rack but rather the progress (or lack thereof) wrt the low emissions hybrid and alternative fuel vehicles it's intended for.

Fidei Defensor

Contract Signed
Local time
11:32 PM
Reaction score
I have just had a look at the Frontrunner slimline II roof rack system and it looks like it will suit the Grenadier nicely.
The cross rails can be located anywhere along the side rails, the side rails can be extended and the first few cross rails can be removed/slid back to allow the safari windows to open fully or be removed.
It is also fully off road rated unlike most roof racks that have to be de-rated by up to 40% for ofroad use.
Has anyone had one of these and any positive or negative feedback?

I have one on my G-wagen: super strong! And they have lots of accessories to fit to it! I'll probably put it across the the Grenadier: will just have t obuy the necessary (vehicle-specific) clamps

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
5:32 AM
Reaction score
What is the width of the rack outside to outside?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
They're synced to Ineos I'm afraid.

Hannes01

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi all
I sent an email to Lazer Lamps yesterday asking for some recommendations regarding the best solution for my Grenadier
Jason Pridham, National Sales Manager Lazer Lamps Australia, replied this morning.
Hi David,
Thanks for the email you’re in luck as we will have a Grenadier in the next few weeks for a complete Lazer build-on through one of our contacts here in Australia.
Feel free to keep an eye on this as it unfolds but in answer to your question a Linear 42 would fit under that bar neatly.

View attachment 7795145
i am very interested in the lamps from lazer lights. i would like to mount lamps on the sides of the space under the roof handles, with a ring attached to the handle. would be very interesting if there is a solution here!

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
i am very interested in the lamps from lazer lights. i would like to mount lamps on the sides of the space under the roof handles, with a ring attached to the handle. would be very interesting if there is a solution here!
These guys may come up with something elegant but I reckon these might work

Attachments

• 304DA576-F120-4811-BF2E-E36C9188A026.jpeg
    304DA576-F120-4811-BF2E-E36C9188A026.jpeg
    272.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 3EB1B945-DCC6-42E2-AC47-39CAF1AFD84A.jpeg
    3EB1B945-DCC6-42E2-AC47-39CAF1AFD84A.jpeg
    339.4 KB · Views: 18
  • 4181C69E-404C-4CE4-989F-D992DF783C83.jpeg
    4181C69E-404C-4CE4-989F-D992DF783C83.jpeg
    322.9 KB · Views: 11

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Reactions: PBD
Back
Top Bottom