The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Roof racks, Head up displays and dash cams etc. Any after market accessory.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:06 AM
Reaction score
Wha
Same here: we are directly on the plastic strips to minimize dynamic movement. But as allread mentioned, we can go higher if somebody wish that.
What sort of impact are severe corrugations for hours at a time likely to have on your setup @Black Sheep

I’d be concerned that the constant severe bouncing with the rack in direct contact to the strips would either cause damage to the rack, strips or roof itself.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Wha

What sort of impact are severe corrugations for hours at a time likely to have on your setup @Black Sheep

I’d be concerned that the constant severe bouncing with the rack in direct contact to the strips would either cause damage to the rack, strips or roof itself.
The best test would be a 1000km test on those corrugations!
If survives = sell a bundle of them :giggle:

Reactions: PBD

Black Sheep

Grenadier Owner
Supporting Vendor
Local time
3:06 AM
Reaction score
Wha

There are two different scenarios: Either the whole thing is compact and forms a unit with the roof construction. The advantage is that there are fewer dynamic forces, which means that accessories and the vehicle age less quickly. At the same time, it may be that the plastic strips wear out over time... The load even on the roof surface is definitely not a problem.
If we raise the beam, we get away from the plastic strips and shift the entire load to the outer tubes. I don't see a problem with this scenario either, since we still counted on triple static security.
A last solution would also be to leave the carrier on the height and simply remove the plastic strips. With a point load of 240 kg, the supports themselves only deflect by 4 millimeters and would never hit the roof surface.

Landy-Peter

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hallo an Alle.
Die Lüftungsgitter, die Nakatanenga für die hinteren Türen des Landy anbietet, passen auch prima beim Grenadier.(y)

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
In the Old Defender they were for sure a good solution. But with electrical windows which I can operate from the driver seat, and with an air condition, I find them a bit useless, to be honest.

GavinD

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
i am very interested in the lamps from lazer lights. i would like to mount lamps on the sides of the space under the roof handles, with a ring attached to the handle. would be very interesting if there is a solution here!
I have just ordered a single STEDI slimline light to test for this same idea.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:06 PM
Reaction score
In the Old Defender they were for sure a good solution. But with electrical windows which I can operate from the driver seat, and with an air condition, I find them a bit useless, to be honest.
They seem like good solution for parking when locked and in hot, sunny conditions.

Hi Tom,
they won't fit! They are about 2cm too short!
Thank you!

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Is anyone thinking of installing (or has already installed) an ARB Base Rack?

I can't see that ARB has developed a specific rack for the Grenadier yet - maybe they never will??

Looking online - the longest ARB Base Rack is 2,125mm, which is only 160mm longer than the Grenadier specific Front Runner slimline II 3/4 rack & 445mm shorter than the FR full size. Moreover, the ARB Base rack is 130mm narrower than the FR, so not sure the impact on feet attachment to the gutter.

Lord Ripon USA

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
9:06 PM
Reaction score
He says controversial things to prompt people to like/dislike and to comment.
Likes and dislikes are treated the same and the more comments he gets the more money he makes.
That's why most Youtubers ask a question and say "leave your comments below"
Yes, you definitely feel you are being worked. He's not even shy about it.

Luc Cornelissen

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have just had a look at the Frontrunner slimline II roof rack system and it looks like it will suit the Grenadier nicely.
The cross rails can be located anywhere along the side rails, the side rails can be extended and the first few cross rails can be removed/slid back to allow the safari windows to open fully or be removed.
It is also fully off road rated unlike most roof racks that have to be de-rated by up to 40% for ofroad use.
Has anyone had one of these and any positive or negative feedback?

Hy Dave, check out www.blacksheep-innovations.com
Great roof rack
Grts

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:06 AM
Reaction score
On the subject of roof racks. I was chatting with the team at Ineos Cape Town and they reckon the Rhino rack as supplied by Ineos is by far the best roof rack for the Grenadier. When you look at the support legs for each side then each side is one piece that connects to the pioneer platform also each clamp contacts the full width of the gutter so no flexing of the gutter. As others have said a few thousand km of corrugations will sort the wheat from the chaff

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:06 AM
Reaction score
On the subject of roof racks. I was chatting with the team at Ineos Cape Town and they reckon the Rhino rack as supplied by Ineos is by far the best roof rack for the Grenadier. When you look at the support legs for each side then each side is one piece that connects to the pioneer platform also each clamp contacts the full width of the gutter so no flexing of the gutter. As others have said a few thousand km of corrugations will sort the wheat from the chaff
But it uses up 33% of your payload.
It looks very strong though.

Reactions: PBD
Back
Top Bottom