The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

3rd party Videos Rohny Dahl video incoming

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:02 PM
Reaction score
Just weighed my diesel trialmaster with full fuel and adblue, fridge in back, king drawers full of camping stuff, custom side steps and no driver or passengers and I’m sitting at 2980kg.
That's not too bad, mine came in at 200kgs lighter off the boat, the sticker on the windscreen told the tale. Not sure what it is now 😅

Nocrays

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I'm driving one at the moment, Justin Hocevar said to do whatever you want with it as in klms and usage.
You are lucky - I had one for 6 months while they built me a new vehicle and had to sign an agreement and keep to gazetted roads! There was also a $2500 excess on damage.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:02 PM
Reaction score
The new 4 cylinder 70 series, with the Grenadier as the camera car:

View: https://youtu.be/msauR21UjCk

Only one comment on the Grenadier, 70 series third party suspension upgrade running cooler than the stock INEOS suspension.

Last edited:

Thinpins

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
12:02 PM
Reaction score
As a 79 owner, what is it that swayed you apart from the aforementioned video?
The grenadier is more functional for my needs these days and a better everyday drive than the 79. It sits on the road a lot better, turning circle is better, it’s safer, better fuel economy. I’ve only driven the grenadier about 1000km so far but am happy with my decision. Its not as much fun to drive as the 79 though.

Attachments

• IMG_9041.jpeg
    IMG_9041.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 12

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The grenadier is more functional for my needs these days and a better everyday drive than the 79. It sits on the road a lot better, turning circle is better, it’s safer, better fuel economy. I’ve only driven the grenadier about 1000km so far but am happy with my decision. Its not as much fun to drive as the 79 though.
Can you expand on your comment- not as much fun?
I drive one occasionally, and apart from the V8 sound it's ok 😆

Thinpins

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Can you expand on your comment- not as much fun?
I drive one occasionally, and apart from the V8 sound it's ok 😆
The 79 requires a lot more input to drive and keep on the road and under control, its manual, has a descent sized aftermarket turbo and will really get up and go. The whole thing just requires more active engagement with the vehicle which is just fun! Driving country roads keeps you on your toes

Last edited:

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The 79 requires a lot more input to drive and keep on the road and under control, its manual, has a descent sized aftermarket turbo and will really get up and go. The whole thing just requires more active engagement with the vehicle.
Yes, I understand what you mean.

Reactions: Max

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:02 AM
Reaction score
INEOS v 4 cylinder 70 series - what does he think?
View: https://youtu.be/I-mDtBVdd0w
I am so glad that the Gren has the six-cylinder BMW engine with the 8 speed auto and not a four with a 6 speed hanging off it, the wear and tear might be a bigger factor with the latter and fuel...but our Rohny is having an each way bet...is it a photo finish...I think the Gren is a nose in front...bias, not at all ;)

Local time
Reaction score
I am so glad that the Gren has the six-cylinder BMW engine with the 8 speed auto and not a four with a 6 speed hanging off it, the wear and tear might be a bigger factor with the latter and fuel...but our Rohny is having an each way bet...is it a photo finish...I think the Gren is a nose in front...bias, not at all ;)
There will be very minor differences in wear and tear between the Grenadiers B57, 8 speed transmission combination and the 4 cylinder 1GD-FTV and Aisin six speed transmission in the LC70. It will come down to how the vehicle is used and abused by each operator. Fuel consumption looks close between both cars.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have spent the last few weeks looking closely at fuel consumption in the Grenadier. Very small changes in throttle pressure can mean big changes in consumption. The other two big factors is car speed and terrain.

Local time
Reaction score
I have spent the last few weeks looking closely at fuel consumption in the Grenadier. Very small changes in throttle pressure can mean big changes in consumption. The other two big factors is car speed and terrain.
Grenadier shares a common feature of Land Cruisers and Patrols, very little throttle change costs more and achieves little.

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
My average over the first 20,000km is 11.7L/100km

My thirstiest day (playing on Big Red) was 17.7

I can get it down to 9.0 cruising on the flat at 90 to 95km/h.

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Best I have had was 9l/100k but I was really trying hard. Real world is more like 11-12.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:02 PM
Reaction score
I would say for a Grenadier the first big factor is speed. The second is the constancy of speed and the third might be whether it’s loaded or not.

Back
Top Bottom