The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

3rd party Videos Rohny Dahl video incoming

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:31 PM
Reaction score
I’ll keep you posted on them as well. I purchased 2 from SLRV for my truck if they ever deliver it… 🙄

A decent size would be the go and i
I get mine installed on Thursday - at XHQ. Two 30 litre diesel tanks on the Molle panels.

Am I right in thinking it’s about $2100 for 2x30L fuel cartridges, mounting plates and pump?? 😳

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
First road kill in the Grenadier today, a wallaby. Ronny called his car Skippy after killing the roo, maybe I should call mine Wally.

Always an unpleasant experience. Even being well under the speed limit did not help me avoid hitting it.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:31 AM
Reaction score
Towing weight might actually reduce load on front axle.
The fulcrum effect from adding weight to the tow bar would be very marginal as the wheels are closer to the draw bar than most vehicles. I measured this some time ago and it was something like 20kgs or less.

LeftCoastOverland

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
A decent size would be the go and i

Am I right in thinking it’s about $2100 for 2x30L fuel cartridges, mounting plates and pump?? 😳
No, not that bad…
$490 ea. for the panel, $359 ea. for the tanks
$1700 all up. + shop rate if you don’t want to do the install yourself.
Skip the $150 battery powered transfer pump and buy a $30 super siphon. They don’t require batteries, and are super simple.

Not bad for 60L additional fuel storage, and no permanent modifications to the vehicle.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
No, not that bad…
Skip the $150 battery powered transfer pump and buy a $30 super siphon. They don’t require batteries, and are super simple.

Not bad for 60L additional fuel storage, and no permanent modifications to the vehicle.
You can buy the tanks for 50% less online BTW

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
No, not that bad…

Have they got a sale on, on their Web page the platforms are $600 and the 30lt tanks are $400.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Got a link?

This site contains affiliate links for which The Grenadier Forum may be compensated.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
As cool and gimmicky as they are, I think I’ll stick with jerries on a roofrack. The price difference almost pays for the roofrack. 😉

But they are cool.
I already have the Tracklander twin holder so it's that and the D&D tank for ne

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I already have the Tracklander twin holder so it's that and the D&D tank for ne

Yeah I just need to pick a rack. I’m used to a rack with a mesh base giving infinite tiedown options, so still getting my head around using a rail system. I’m also used to being able to get my hands/arms under it, so same adjustment to thinking needed there. Flat platform makes sense though particularly if I can keep it below 2.1 - 2.2m

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yeah I just need to pick a rack. I’m used to a rack with a mesh base giving infinite tiedown options, so still getting my head around using a rail system. I’m also used to being able to get my hands/arms under it, so same adjustment to thinking needed there. Flat platform makes sense though particularly if I can keep it below 2.1 - 2.2m
I hear you....There are some fixings that are load activated, they drop in and when you load them they anchor. I'll see if I can find them and post a link

Reactions: Max

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Lots of ideas here, here and here to help with tie downs on bars or pioneer platforms. Eye bolts are cheap and flexible.

If you are looking for a low profile jerry can holder, look here. There are a few different models.

PXL_20230312_065807552_1024x1024.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https://www.facebook.com/SvntyOffroad/posts/pfbid0wJsU49dNcq4X5T8UCX3aFwoWwrnMaZwgyf1wUSVGtiHbQr3gny74cMseBacFoR6Xl&show_text=true&width=500&is_preview=true"

Last edited:

Thinpins

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
3:31 AM
Reaction score
"Absolutely amazing to drive" Ronny does repeat amazing a couple of times. Fantastic vehicle and it keeps out all the dust.

He has hit his first kangaroo. The car is nicknamed Skip now, in honour of the poor roo.
It was his “amazing” comments that tipped the scales for me. I test drove one and decided to sell my heavily modified 79. Pick up a new grenadier this week. Between the lines he seems to be giving it a good wrap, holding his full judgement as usual

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It was his “amazing” comments that tipped the scales for me. I test drove one and decided to sell my heavily modified 79. Pick up a new grenadier this week. Between the lines he seems to be giving it a good wrap, holding his full judgement as usual
As a 79 owner, what is it that swayed you apart from the aforementioned video?

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yea please do tell.
70 series was high on my list as an option.
I looked at the 70 series but the INEOS was cheaper kitted out for my needs, and a much more modern and well built car. That is why I went the INEOS. No regrets either. Plus my mate who spent 25 years in Toyota spares said: stay clear, really weak diffs. He preferred the Hilux to the 70 series.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom