The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

3rd party Videos Rohny Dahl video incoming

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:57 PM
Reaction score
I may have forgotten to display the 'Caution. Gentle Ribbing Ahead' sign when I posted his pic?

ASPW has made himself a public figure and is therefore a target for some fun. From his own website:
Andrew St Pierre White (AKA ASPW) is likely the world’s best-known 4×4 writer, commentator and adventure-travel filmmaker and is commonly referred to as’ The David Attenborough of 4WD’.

That's called poking your head above the parapet. I'm sure Andrew is thick-skinned enough to cope with any flak that he attracts.
The irony is, these couple of posts probably caused a few clicks on his social channels and earned him some revenue. He would probably say thank you for the mention.

Now, back to Ronny Dahl: Potentially a future ASPW; hopefully without all the theatre.
Definitely, it's all about the clicks/likes/comments. The more - good and bad, the better for his channel/income.

Reactions: Max

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:57 PM
Reaction score
commonly referred to as’ The David Attenborough of 4WD’.

hahahahaha!!!!

I doubt that ASPW will be having a scientific research ship named in his honour anytime soon!

Back to Ronny Dahl, I'm reading one of his books to my children, Charlie and the Toyota Factory.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:57 AM
Reaction score
Everyone believed that Toyota had invented something new. Yes, the terminology. Good old Henry had already made good progress some time before that with his production of the T-model.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
6:57 AM
Reaction score
I look forward to his next review because he will be running it against the 70 series. I think the more he drives it, the more he falls in love.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:57 PM
Reaction score
So where’s it going to fair poorly in comparison with the 70?? Fuel consumption with the 34”s, heaven help he gets a software glitch, not as much room in the back for everything? Anything else do you think?

I’m looking forward to seeing how he decks it out in the back.

Local time
2:57 PM
Reaction score
The Grenadier may only have negative comments about the diff lock logic and less load mass compared to the Totoya but the rest should be all positive for the Grenadier as it should out drive the auto LC76 with better gearing down hills in steep terrain, be less twitchy heavy towing and be more comfortable. I would not be surprised if the fuel consumption for both vehicles is relatively equal. The Ineos should be the better vehicle but no comparison from anyone has included a cost of ownership review or comparisons.
Ronny should approach PDP for an on hoist review and a retail estimate for common jobs with labour costs including parts either genuine or aftermarket that occur on vehicles that are used for heavy towing and off road a lot and will require extra servicing. For example a full service with all filters including fuel filters and oils, a windscreen replacement, a set of front brake pads and discs and for a very common larger job, particularly with LC70, a front wheel bearing and king pin bearing service or replacement with axle seals, because of water contamination.

GrenADV

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:57 AM
Reaction score
I truly wish he was able to drill holes for things to give the rest of us some more good ideas. I mean if he's going to beat the poop out of the thing anyway - might as well drill some holes!

Back
Top Bottom