The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Right Hand side auxiliary footwell 12V wire

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:57 AM
Reaction score
Today I tested electrically the right side footwell auxiliary potential power point, and indeed: 12V, with PWR on and INT2 on on the "aviation" roof switch panel.

Some pictures:
20230603_141522 auxiliary power INT2.jpg

Then I removed the tape around the wire, did cut the top of the transparent plastic protection hose of the wire, inserted some surgery needles in the top of the wire to have a metal contact (electrical contact), and connected a multimeter to the needles, with the negative to the black wire and the positive to the yellow/purple wire.
Only when switching on the INT2 roof button, together with the PWR on button, did I get 12V power on the wire!

20230603_145617.jpg

The measurement of my multimeter was almost the same as the measurement of the voltage f the main battery of the car:
20230603_145717.jpg
I then removed the fuse FI30 in the fuse box under the left passenger seat, and indeed, no power anymore on that auxiliary power point.

20230603_150528 fuse FI30 out.jpg
20230603_150710.jpg

Not sure yet what I will do with it, perhaps a Deutsch connector, or perhaps an auxiliary USB-A + USB-C power point.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:57 AM
Reaction score
Today I tested electrically the right side footwell auxiliary potential power point, and indeed: 12V, with PWR on and INT2 on on the "aviation" roof switch panel.

Some pictures:
View attachment 7814618

Then I removed the tape around the wire, did cut the top of the transparent plastic protection hose of the wire, inserted some surgery needles in the top of the wire to have a metal contact (electrical contact), and connected a multimeter to the needles, with the negative to the black wire and the positive to the yellow/purple wire.
Only when switching on the INT2 roof button, together with the PWR on button, did I get 12V power on the wire!

View attachment 7814621

The measurement of my multimeter was almost the same as the measurement of the voltage f the main battery of the car:
View attachment 7814622
I then removed the fuse FI30 in the fuse box under the left passenger seat, and indeed, no power anymore on that auxiliary power point.

View attachment 7814623
View attachment 7814624

Not sure yet what I will do with it, perhaps a Deutsch connector, or perhaps an auxiliary USB-A + USB-C power point.
Well done Jean, ace detective work 👍

Wayneos

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:57 PM
Reaction score

Some pictures:
View attachment 7814618

View attachment 7814621

View attachment 7814622

View attachment 7814623
View attachment 7814624

excited kramer GIF by HULU

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Some pictures:
View attachment 7814618

View attachment 7814621

View attachment 7814622

View attachment 7814623
View attachment 7814624

Nice, thank you Jean

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Some pictures:
View attachment 7814618

View attachment 7814621

View attachment 7814622

View attachment 7814623
View attachment 7814624

Fantastic work Jean. This could be a handy power source for a driver heads-up display

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Fantastic work Jean. This could be a handy power source for a driver heads-up display
I posted elsewhere, but I have purchased this, and my son will measure up and 3D print a surround that will fit into the space under the centre console in front of the gear selector. I will then bring power up from one of these wires to power it. I will also replace the on off switch with the pass through for my UHF radio hand control
IMG_4153.jpeg

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
@Jean Mercier ~ excellent. Don't suppose you took any photos or could give any description of taking the panels off? Tips to avoid breaking any fragile clips etc...

So a supplementary question if INT2 does the right hand footwell via fuse FI30, does INT1 do the left hand footwell via fuse FI29?

And then what about the spare under seat/ fusebox outlets?

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So I’ve just checked out the spare wires in the battery compartment of my 2seat utility. Permanently live with all switches off. I suspect fed from F113 spare air compressor/dust gun but not sure has to get those 40A fuses out
Note voltage is high as I’m trickle charging with solar
IMG_1701.jpegIMG_1698.jpeg

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@Jean Mercier ~ excellent. Don't suppose you took any photos or could give any description of taking the panels off? Tips to avoid breaking any fragile clips etc...

So a supplementary question if INT2 does the right hand footwell via fuse FI30, does INT1 do the left hand footwell via fuse FI29?

+1 for how to take the interior trim panels off.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:57 AM
Reaction score

+1 for how to take the interior trim panels off.
OK, let's go.
First thing, remember that I have for sure a wrong wiring: INT1 and fuse [EDITED] FI28 are connected to the exterior DTP roof connector right side front!

Taking it off (with small damage, I mean one or two plastic pins slightly bent):
  • first remove the "footwell step", or how is this called ("Trim Panel"), pull it straight up.
20230514_161351.jpg20230514_161403.jpg
  • Second, remove the floor mat, but first remove the plastic screw (in my case under the fire extinguisher):
20230604_171950 florr mat screw.jpg

• Third remove the screw of the plastic wall cover at the right side. Don't forget my car is Left Hand Driving (but for Right Hand Driving people, everything is at the other side of the car!), This picture was taken afterwards, without dismounting the floor mat.
20230604_171937 removing wall piece.jpg
  • Fourth, put your left hand (again, don't forget I have a LHD car) as high as possible with fingers behind the piece and tear it of as straight as possible. And here you are ...
  • Fifth the "pillar piece" looks like this, and don't ask me questions about that hole I made ... you will understand without words, but look at the clipping parts!
20230604_113403.jpg

• I hope I forgot nothing ;) :devilish:

Last edited:

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
OK, let's go.
First thing, remember that I have for sure a wrong wiring: INT1 and fuse [EDITED] FI28 are connected to the exterior DTP roof connector right side front!

Taking it off (with small damage, I mean one or two plastic pins slightly bent):
  • first remove the "footwell step", or how is this called ("Trim Panel"), pull it straight up.

• Second, remove the floor mat, but first remove the plastic screw (in my case under the fire extinguisher):

• Third remove the screw of the plastic wall cover at the right side. Don't forget my car is Left Hand Driving (but for Right Hand Driving people, everything is at the other side of the car!), This picture was taken afterwards, without dismounting the floor mat.

• Fourth, put your left hand (again, don't forget I have a LHD car) as high as possible with fingers behind the piece ad tear it of as straight as possible. And here you are ...
  • Fifth the "pillar piece" looks like this, and don't ask me questions about that hole I made ... you will understand without words, but look at the clipping parts!

• I hope I forgot nothing ;) :devilish:

Fantastic explanation and photos Jean. Much appreciated once again. :)

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Champion thank you, have to wonder what the yellow wire is.. signal wire of some sort?
No idea on the yellow wire but a 40A supply sure is useful.

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Jean is the true MVP !! :) thank you my man !!!

Reactions: IGL
Back
Top Bottom