The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Right Hand side auxiliary footwell 12V wire

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:43 AM
Reaction score
Thanks. I was thinking of 2m radios where most people go right to the battery because the draw is so high. Looking forward to having such easy access to power under the seats for the install in my rig.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:43 PM
Reaction score
As I said, great work Jean but why do we need to be Sherlock Holmes on all this electrical stuff - HAS INEOS PUBLISHED A FULL ELECTRICAL DIAGRAM OF THE GRENADIER?

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:43 AM
Reaction score
I posted elsewhere, but I have purchased this, and my son will measure up and 3D print a surround that will fit into the space under the centre console in front of the gear selector. I will then bring power up from one of these wires to power it. I will also replace the on off switch with the pass through for my UHF radio hand control
View attachment 7814648
Speaking of that space, for those who actually have their trucks, what are some ideas for that space? The suggestion would be nice But I’m curious what others have in mind.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
As I said, great work Jean but why do we need to be Sherlock Holmes on all this electrical stuff - HAS INEOS PUBLISHED A FULL ELECTRICAL DIAGRAM OF THE GRENADIER?
No. This is my biggest criticism of INEOS, Many/most of the things people whinge about I can live with. But the awful user manual and lack of information on just basic operation of the switches and electrical stuff let alone a wiring diagram is pretty poor.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:43 PM
Reaction score
No. This is my biggest criticism of INEOS, Many/most of the things people whinge about I can live with. But the awful user manual and lack of information on just basic operation of the switches and electrical stuff let alone a wiring diagram is pretty poor.
My real concern is this is perhaps more symptomatic of the current state of play within Ineos.

Banging out documents with incorrect, invalid or out of date references because the current team have no in depth knowledge of the as built vehicle or indeed the history of the engineering decisions/compromises made to arrive at it.

Has the wealth of corporate knowledge disappeared as the 3rd party engineers stopped booking time to this project and all dispersed to different projects?

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Exactly.
I mean FFS - my 1966 Porsche has its 57year old handbook containing useful descriptions and photos of all aspects of the car AND a fold-out full wiring diagram showing every electrical connection and colour coded.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Exactly.
I mean FFS - my 1966 Porsche has its 57year old handbook containing useful descriptions and photos of all aspects of the car AND a fold-out full wiring diagram showing every electrical connection and colour coded.
But then came the advent of " bean counters" and the money men

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Exactly.
And very likely the original fuses are still as installed at the factory.

MilesD

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Alternatively, forget waiting on Ineos Jean (and other 'multilingual' mechanically minded mortals on this forum) and develop a 'traditional' document/crib sheet covering key elements (electrical diagrams/hidden mechanical fixing points etc etc) etc as you run through your respective vehicles. I would happily pay a nominal sum to such a person/group/forum, rather than Haynes et al, who will no doubt will see the obvious market provided by the Grenadier platform. With 25,000 vehicles a year going out the door, it could become a way of rewarding the investigative individuals on this forum (as I deal in bricks not bolts and have a CSE 'U' in french it precludes me). Could be on the paid side of the forum with an update structure. Just a thought, but from a personal basis, it feels wrong to be benefiting from the work of others whilst unable to contribute back.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:43 PM
Reaction score
I really don't need to be paid for it ...
Alternatively, forget waiting on Ineos Jean (and other 'multilingual' mechanically minded mortals on this forum) and develop a 'traditional' document/crib sheet covering key elements (electrical diagrams/hidden mechanical fixing points etc etc) etc as you run through your respective vehicles. I would happily pay a nominal sum to such a person/group/forum, rather than Haynes et al, who will no doubt will see the obvious market provided by the Grenadier platform. With 25,000 vehicles a year going out the door, it could become a way of rewarding the investigative individuals on this forum (as I deal in bricks not bolts and have a CSE 'U' in french it precludes me). Could be on the paid side of the forum with an update structure. Just a thought, but from a personal basis, it feels wrong to be benefiting from the work of others whilst unable to contribute back.
I always liked to dismount, understand, repair, modify and share ... see this as an "open source" contribution, or "freeware" or whatever you want to call it.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:43 AM
Reaction score
I really don't need to be paid for it ...

I always liked to dismount, understand, repair, modify and share ... see this as an "open source" contribution, or "freeware" or whatever you want to call it.
I see it the same way for me. We learn from each other and help each other. One mistake does not have to be made twice.

Back
Top Bottom