The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Build Thread Auxiliary USB charging point in auxiliary footwell power point

Bobby Mac

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:33 AM
Reaction score
So, I removed the 3 sockets as advised, but still see no cables ending in this area.
Start to wonder if they have forgotten to pull them (early model) :unsure:

BTW... where is the repair handbook that has been promised ?
It may well be hiding under that black insulation tape - mine only had a bit of the wire ends visible, but maybe it’s covered up in yours?

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Did you choose the aux power option on your car?
Not sure why you posted an angry mojo to my question @Traveling Marvin the extra power circuits come with that option, if that is not chosen the car will not have them, no matter how hard anyone looks. If you chose the option, the extra outlets will be there, keep looking. Some higher end INEOS models have the aux power option as part of the extras, like the Trialmaster (but not the Fieldmaster by default) in Australia.

Your profile did not tell me which model you own. I looked before posting the question. So I asked a relevant question.

Last edited:

Traveling Marvin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:33 AM
Reaction score
If you want to do this too, please note that the installation space is very limited. Have a look at the pictures. But the sockets just about fit in these places.

Very nice solution ! I might change my mind and go for the same solution.
Or a mixture with the USB socket in the centre and a 12V lighter socket in the door side panel.

The centre panels where you installed the USB sockets.. do they pull straight out, or are they connected to some hidden screws etc ?

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:33 PM
Reaction score
Very nice solution ! I might change my mind and go for the same solution.
Or a mixture with the USB socket in the centre and a 12V lighter socket in the door side panel.

The centre panels where you installed the USB sockets.. do they pull straight out, or are they connected to some hidden screws etc ?
Thank you Traveling Marvin. Yes, there is a screw at the very back in the footwell towards the bulkhead. You must first remove the narrow plastic trim above the pedals or under the steering wheel. This is also fixed with screws. 2DEA2174-EFAB-4E84-BC2D-92839CE88897.jpeg

Last edited:

Mumblepants

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Here are some pics of the install I did for my GME 2way and a footwell USB outlet. This was only spot where there was enough depth to install.
Nice one Gav! I’ve been wondering how to and where to put mine when I finally take delivery

Mumblepants

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Re. my previous comments, it's one of the reasons why the highway patrol in Australia cracks down on passengers lounging back with their feet up on the dashboard against the windscreen. There have been cases of folks having their teeth buried in their knees and worse when the aibag has exploded while their feet were up on the dashboard :eek:
Saw a little girl doing that very thing today and I cringed

FieldMonster

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
1:33 AM
Reaction score
the extra power circuits come with that option, if that is not chosen the car will not have them, no matter how hard anyone looks.
I’m a Fieldmaster owner who didn’t spec the additional aux power option but yet I did find the dangly insulated purple-and-black leads in the passenger and driver footwells (and I’ve wired them up, and control them using the INT1 and INT2 switches).

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’m a Fieldmaster owner who didn’t spec the additional aux power option but yet I did find the dangly insulated purple-and-black leads in the passenger and driver footwells (and I’ve wired them up, and control them using the INT1 and INT2 switches).
Lucky you, maybe the UK model varies from the Australian spec Fieldmaster which is not suppose to have the extra circuits.

Do you have the under bonnet (x2) and battery compartment wire ends as well?

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, the Fieldmaster without the additional auxiliary power, still gets both footwell and one under bonnet spurs. Limited to 10amps and operated by INT2 - INT 4 switches.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Lucky you, maybe the UK model varies from the Australian spec Fieldmaster which is not suppose to have the extra circuits.

Do you have the under bonnet (x2) and battery compartment wire ends as well?
I don't think that is correct. All market Fieldmasters get the footwell and under bonnet 10 amp circuits. It is the 25 amp that comes with the additional auxiliary power sockets.

Back
Top Bottom