The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Reservation # Ledger

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
1:07 AM
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Dominic Perry  dominicperry userid=8372267 postid=1332093314]

Do you have inside knowledge about this process, because I haven't seen this written down by any of the 1000's of articles and reviews I've been scouring through? Or did I miss it somewhere? Go on, spill the beans, you're Jim, aren't you?

Dominic[/QUOTE]
No , I'm not Jim ;&lt? I'm in Australia . It may be different elsewhere. However , the Australian Ineos Automotive rep stated online yesterday:"to place an order, prospective customers will be asked to pay $5,000. (Or $4,200 for existing reservation holders). That order amount is refundable up until build confirmation, which is approx 6 weeks before order manufacturing commences (order build date)."

equismorio

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
11:07 AM
Reaction score
I was thinking about the same thing Dominic. 

In Australia the reservation is much higher than USA and it makes sense since they get their vehicles first.  But I wonder if they would do the same for the batch of cars heading to USA in 2023....

SteveGren

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:07 PM
Reaction score
Bruce said:
I mean, I hope I get an earlier delivery slot with an invoice # in the 200s, but I wouldn't be mad if I didn't get one the first month they're available. It sounds like volumes are going to be low enough that even US reservations made today won't have to wait too long. Compared to the Bronco where first day orders are waiting months for their truck, the wait for a Gren won't be too bad.

It is going to be interesting here in the US...if the reviews/reception of the Vehicle are excellent when deliveries start occurring in the rest of the world, we could see a huge surge of interest/reservations here.  I do think they will show us early folks the respect of giving us first dibs when the vehicle makes it here however!

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
8:07 AM
Reaction score
Totally agree with you there Steve, the thing that was raised time and time again at the LA viewing was the scalping that dealers can get away with if there's demand for a vehicle. Lets hope that somehow that doesn't happen, but I'm not too hopeful to be honest. 

On a more positive note, at least some of the initial build issues should be sorted out, thats assuming they are going to implement production changes on the fly with the first generation.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
 Your confirmation #: 0005286444 Dave, Great news. We've received your reservation fee, and you're now on the priority list when our ordering window opens. You're now even closer to owning a 4x4 built for work, adventure, or anything else you want to throw at it. We'll let you know as soon as the ordering date is confirmed so you can mark it in your calendar.

equismorio

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Hello Dave is that the color combination for your Gren?  I also picking that combo!  I think it's perfect!!!

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
equismorio said:
Hello Dave is that the color combination for your Gren?  I also picking that combo!  I think it's perfect!!!
I initially chose the white roof because I live in a hot sunny location but my wife decided she wants the black roof. 
White makes more sense but the black looks good.

equismorio

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Yeah I was going back and forth between the white roof and the black.  The white roof looks nice but the black makes it more aggressive.  I think I'm going to settle for the black roof as well.  Still waiting if they come up with other alloy wheel options and possibly wider tires...

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
equismorio said:
Yeah I was going back and forth between the white roof and the black.  The white roof looks nice but the black makes it more aggressive.  I think I'm going to settle for the black roof as well.  Still waiting if they come up with other alloy wheel options and possibly wider tires...
This is my configuration at the moment but I am sure they will be changing configuration options over time
https://my.ineosgrenadier.com/RKS8F5DLF9

equismorio

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Wow!  You pretty much selected every package or option!   It looks great!!!  Thanks for sharing!

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
equismorio said:
Wow!  You pretty much selected every package or option!   It looks great!!!  Thanks for sharing!
Yes but I stuck with rubber floor and basic seats along with steel wheels. I want it to be useable but the bull bar and accessories are a must have in Australia

equismorio

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Same here - rubber floor and basic seats.  It's going to get dirty!  Would still love to see better wheels/tires options tough.  

What part of Australia?  I have cousins in Sydney.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
equismorio said:
Same here - rubber floor and basic seats.  It's going to get dirty!  Would still love to see better wheels/tires options tough.  

What part of Australia?  I have cousins in Sydney.
We are on The Gold Coast in Queensland but we have lived in Sydney, Melbourne, Perth (twice) Brisbane, Launceston & Devonport. 

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
HughC said:
I hope Ineos work out more transparent payment terms for these larger amounts for overseas buyers.  Our deposit of $800 was in AUD, which I paid via credit card, only to find it was converted to GBP to Ineos UK.  This resulted in overseas transaction fee that I wasn't too pleased about.  I should have thought through this better and used another card I have that credits overseas transaction fees.  Something to consider as the sums exchanged increase.
I understand your concerns about transparency. I haven't had a credit card of any kind for over 20 years so I paid by bank transfer. $AUD800 was AUD$800 for me. 

Local time
Reaction score
ADVAW8S said:
At the Seattle showing he seemed very keen about our concern.  He even referenced the G wagon in LA that sold for 100k over ask.  I keep mention to people group buy.   If we can get a dealer who will honor our price, we should buy from them.  Power in numbers.  
I own a 2018 G63 and was talking to the dealer about ordering a new one.I was told 18-24 mths and plan to pay 85K (USD) over MSRP. I just laughed at him.I get it as many people buy and flip but I still think it's BS.  Anyway I was getting bored with the G and being scared to actually take it in the woods so I placed a deposit on the Grenadier last night.Maybe they should make reservation holders sign a contract they wont sell it for a year (or a set time period) Ford did this with the GT.  I know its not a popular route to take but if you really love it and want it why not sign.  Only offer that to reservation holders and explain to the dealers these sales have to be MSRP as these people were early supporters, the rest the dealers can handle how they want.

Local time
Reaction score
RESERVATION #0005287***Invoice number: 90016***Invoice Date: 05/04/2022

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
4:07 PM
Reaction score
WatchTimes said:
 I own a 2018 G63 and was talking to the dealer about ordering a new one.I was told 18-24 mths and plan to pay 85K (USD) over MSRP. I just laughed at him.I get it as many people buy and flip but I still think it's BS.  Anyway I was getting bored with the G and being scared to actually take it in the woods so I placed a deposit on the Grenadier last night.Maybe they should make reservation holders sign a contract they wont sell it for a year (or a set time period) Ford did this with the GT.  I know its not a popular route to take but if you really love it and want it why not sign.  Only offer that to reservation holders and explain to the dealers these sales have to be MSRP as these people were early supporters, the rest the dealers can handle how they want.

Think I would have walked away as well! 

As for the MSRP deal, we don't seem to have that as bad over here in the UK. if you order a vehicle, you generally get it at MSRP, and cancelled orders are only getting a little price hike depending on demand. New models out etc are seeing bigger hikes, but nothing like I've seen in the states!

Back
Top Bottom