The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Feb 22 reservation and an April 2024 build date….

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:26 AM
Reaction score
I’m either Doc, Grumpy, Dopey, Bashful, Sleepy, or Sneezy because I’m not Happy.

Got a call from my dealer, Red Noland in The Springs. Nice guy, went over the order and then dropped the bomb- “4 of 24 build date”- I’m like as in April of 24????? Yep.

So much for a Q4 build and delivery this year…. Wankers.

Not his fault, so I didn’t follow up. I just threw out there that with an April build date, I’ll be lucky to see it next summer…. He didn’t disagree.

I thought I might be screwed when I saw my order number was in the 17000 and people had ones even in the 9000.

50:50 I might be out. Dealer not close. The car not being really what was the initial design intent. Ineos has never been early, so I put it at a 25% chance I don’t see it next year.

Either the LC will be onshore before that or the new 4Runner will be at least reveled. Hell, I can probably get a Bronco faster than the IG. And a Jeep 392 would be a hell of a lot faster

Also was told that Red would be taking a $1000 deposit- not sure if refundable. He’d take payment now…. But could wait. He did say that they would be taking reservations for rides in two dealer demos in Oct. I told him that’s still a long ways away from my delivery date.

I didn’t ask a lot of questions, because with an April build date, my first instinct was that I’m out, things will change, and just F me….

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
10:26 PM
Reaction score
I completely understand how you feel. I have had a reservation since 9/21 with my initial number 364. Because I had a email address from a previous employer and Ineos couldn't update a new email address, Ineos required a new account set up and they transfered all my details over. Well, somewhere down the line when they put the production order together, my production number was not in 9000 but the 15000. There are people who put deposits down a lot later than me including a friend who I introduced the Grenadier and he had a Q4 delivery date. Anywho, it sucks but it is what it is. I look at @DaveB and say life could be harder. What's a few more months after a 2 year wait. I say stick with it and remember the reason you were getting it.

Mitchell300

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:26 AM
Reaction score
I fully understand your frustration with the whole process. I’m fortunate to now have my Grenadier and it’s everything I hoped for, however the process was a complete roller coaster of emotions. But I stuck with it and I’m now lucky enough to have my vehicle.
If you can arrange for one of the test drives then do so. That’ll allow you to see if the Grenadier is the vehicle for you and is worth the wait. It’s certainly not the vehicle for everyone but you and the other folks in North America at least have a decent selection of other vehicles to choose from. Best of luck with whatever you choose.

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I knew I wasn’t on crack. The first email they sent me said

Estimated build window: Quarter 4 2023

Now 2Q2024….

These dates have consequences. I have a 10 YO car. I guess the April date is right, but all of a sudden if it turns up in December…

RoyalWulff

Forum Supporter
Local time
11:26 PM
Reaction score
I’m either Doc, Grumpy, Dopey, Bashful, Sleepy, or Sneezy because I’m not Happy.

Got a call from my dealer, Red Noland in The Springs. Nice guy, went over the order and then dropped the bomb- “4 of 24 build date”- I’m like as in April of 24????? Yep.

So much for a Q4 build and delivery this year…. Wankers.

Not his fault, so I didn’t follow up. I just threw out there that with an April build date, I’ll be lucky to see it next summer…. He didn’t disagree.

I thought I might be screwed when I saw my order number was in the 17000 and people had ones even in the 9000.

50:50 I might be out. Dealer not close. The car not being really what was the initial design intent. Ineos has never been early, so I put it at a 25% chance I don’t see it next year.

Either the LC will be onshore before that or the new 4Runner will be at least reveled. Hell, I can probably get a Bronco faster than the IG. And a Jeep 392 would be a hell of a lot faster

Also was told that Red would be taking a $1000 deposit- not sure if refundable. He’d take payment now…. But could wait. He did say that they would be taking reservations for rides in two dealer demos in Oct. I told him that’s still a long ways away from my delivery date.

I didn’t ask a lot of questions, because with an April build date, my first instinct was that I’m out, things will change, and just F me….
When did you order?

moosetown

Production/Transit
Local time
12:26 AM
Reaction score
If the production of the Grenadier is like any other car, the factory is making continuous production improvements. Later built Grenadiers will be better and better. I almost wish I put my pre order in later.

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Feb '22 reservation and you're bitching and moaning? I don't understand half the stuff you wrote. You can get a Bronco faster? Gee, what a revelation. They've been on the market for a year already. And, "The car not being really what was the initial design intent". What the hell are you talking about? It most certainly is. Way too much blabbering trash. Move on, and buy a jeep. It suits you better.

255/85

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Regardless of what we may have hoped it to be, the Grenadier is as close as we're ever going to get to a simple, no-nonsense 4x4 vehicle in the USA. Is it an original Defender or a Toyota 70 Series? No, of course not. But you're not expressing interest in those vehicles so I don't see your considerations of a Jeep 392 or next gen 4Runner as comparable options.

While I personally don't think the Grenadier stacks up aesthetically to a real Defender 110, I find the Jeeps of today even uglier. They're completely ridiculous looking and cramped with annoying interiors full of tiny little buttons and gizmos and trashy doodads designed to appeal to teenagers (or stunted adults*). When a 392 pulled into the neighbor's driveway yesterday afternoon all I could think was "What tiny-dicked double digit bought himself a big block?". I heard it coming from a quarter mile away. When the diminutive 5' tall driver got out all I could do was shake my head. It was a complete giggle-fest when they couldn't back the thing out of the driveway even with a rear view camera. If you'd said you want the simplicity of a naturally aspirated engine and a manual transmission and were contemplating the last of the V6s I'd certainly understand. But you didn't.

Likewise, if you'd stated an interest in the last of the naturally aspirated V6 4Runners and the bone simple 5 speed auto they come with (or in an even older, simpler model) i might be more in agreement but you're talking about the "new" Toyota offerings which are completely unproven and more complex than ever. I'm not sure how they compare to the Grenadier other than by having a cheaper entry point.

May I politely suggest that maybe you're just a bit burned out by all emotional ups and downs of the last few years on the Ineos roller coaster? That's completely understandable and the very minor scheduling screw up only adds to that sentiment. If so then sit tight, open a cold one, TV will be better next week, and you'll have your car in a few months. Every day there are more and more aftermarket options available and vehicle improvements added. In a sense, the longer you wait to purchase - the better! In 30 years when they haul ours away for scrap you'll have an extra few months to gloat that yours is still chugging along because you got it after we did.

Oh, and if someday you still lament not getting a 392, just wait until you're out of warranty and tune that B58 up to 800 horses. That should clear up any lingering doubts.

* There's no accounting for taste.

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If the production of the Grenadier is like any other car, the factory is making continuous production improvements. Later built Grenadiers will be better and better. I almost wish I put my pre order in later.
I was hoping that the EU batch would be enough to work out the big bugs.

TerryS

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Feb '22 reservation and you're bitching and moaning? I don't understand half the stuff you wrote. You can get a Bronco faster? Gee, what a revelation. They've been on the market for a year already. And, "The car not being really what was the initial design intent". What the hell are you talking about? It most certainly is. Way too much blabbering trash. Move on, and buy a jeep. It suits you better.

Yep - this guy just moans and groans....he is probably a troll....he has said he has never made a mistake in his entire life :rolleyes:.....he just needs to move on.

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I just don’t understand why you’re so salty that you’re slated to receive next year when you ordered last year.

I’m not sure if you are being sarcastic or not…

More what I’m hacked about is being told Q4 this year and then with in a month being told Q2 next year. That seems more the time frame for people walking in right now. We also have zero vision on the relation between reservation, order time and config. Also, if they really did start on US config builds in august as some people are reporting, and there are 7000 reservations, that means that they are making less than 1000 a month…. That doesn’t add up.

Maybe they have finally learned to under promise and over deliver. But frankly, with their issues in the past and the numbers not adding up, I have serious doubts about actually getting one next year before they switch back to EU/ROW models. Maybe the low apparent figures have dual/side-by-side production of US/EU-ROW built in.

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Getting a Bronco is the standard measure of waiting excessive amounts of time for a 4x4…

On the design, let’s be perfectly clear, it isn’t anywhere near the idea of the old Defender, outside of the outward general appearance. It’s been getting more and more gadgetized and electrified as it has gone along. And the price has gone up.

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Regardless of what we may have hoped it to be, the Grenadier is as close as we're ever going to get to a simple, no-nonsense 4x4 vehicle in the USA. Is it an original Defender or a Toyota 70 Series? No, of course not. But you're not expressing interest in those vehicles so I don't see your considerations of a Jeep 392 or next gen 4Runner as comparable options.

While I personally don't think the Grenadier stacks up aesthetically to a real Defender 110, I find the Jeeps of today even uglier. They're completely ridiculous looking and cramped with annoying interiors full of tiny little buttons and gizmos and trashy doodads designed to appeal to teenagers (or stunted adults*). When a 392 pulled into the neighbor's driveway yesterday afternoon all I could think was "What tiny-dicked double digit bought himself a big block?". I heard it coming from a quarter mile away. When the diminutive 5' tall driver got out all I could do was shake my head. It was a complete giggle-fest when they couldn't back the thing out of the driveway even with a rear view camera. If you'd said you want the simplicity of a naturally aspirated engine and a manual transmission and were contemplating the last of the V6s I'd certainly understand. But you didn't.

Likewise, if you'd stated an interest in the last of the naturally aspirated V6 4Runners and the bone simple 5 speed auto they come with (or in an even older, simpler model) i might be more in agreement but you're talking about the "new" Toyota offerings which are completely unproven and more complex than ever. I'm not sure how they compare to the Grenadier other than by having a cheaper entry point.

May I politely suggest that maybe you're just a bit burned out by all emotional ups and downs of the last few years on the Ineos roller coaster? That's completely understandable and the very minor scheduling screw up only adds to that sentiment. If so then sit tight, open a cold one, TV will be better next week, and you'll have your car in a few months. Every day there are more and more aftermarket options available and vehicle improvements added. In a sense, the longer you wait to purchase - the better! In 30 years when they haul ours away for scrap you'll have an extra few months to gloat that yours is still chugging along because you got it after we did.

Oh, and if someday you still lament not getting a 392, just wait until you're out of warranty and tune that B58 up to 800 horses. That should clear up any lingering doubts.

* There's no accounting for taste.

On the first point, I actually started a whole thread about how the cost has risen the ‘purity’ has fallen, so why not look at an actual 110 from ECR or someone else. So, yes I started to go there. If I had more slots in the garage for a special car, I’d probably have already gone that way. At least the 392 doesn’t have a turbo, and the 4Runner/LC coming are going to be interesting- and mainly not ‘competitors’ because they’ll be half the price.

And by the way, I just bought a 23 4Runner, and I’d have to say that out side of the turn radius, I was wondering why I didn’t pick up two- and I still might. KDSS is a slick piece of kit. And you get a ‘retro’ interior. We also have a Jeep, and it was for the kids, and while I agree the stickers that Jeep gets into are gaudy, the general lines of vehicle are solid. Also, the retractable ‘sky-roof’ on the Wranglers is the real solution to the soft/hard/no-roof question.

You are exactly right on the burn out. I’m just going to go away for 6 months and wait for the text from the dealer.

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yep - this guy just moans and groans....he is probably a troll....he has said he has never made a mistake in his entire life :rolleyes:.....he just needs to move on.
Shhhhh, shhh. The adults are talking.

Lord Ripon USA

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I have an order number over 20,000.
SO that's probably a 2025 model year vehicle.
With a reservation dated 10/1/2021.

I didn't expect the number of orders to blow up like it has. I doubt Ineos did either.
The only thing that is going to matter is how early in June you placed your order.
Pre orders, reservations, place in line fees, aren't worth spit.

If you waited past probably mid june, you are going to wait another year.
They have 1 plant for the whole world.
It is what it is.
You'll have plenty of time to bail.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have an order number over 20,000.
SO that's probably a 2025 model year vehicle.
With a reservation dated 10/1/2021.

I didn't expect the number of orders to blow up like it has. I doubt Ineos did either.
The only thing that is going to matter is how early in June you placed your order.
Pre orders, reservations, place in line fees, aren't worth spit.

If you waited past probably mid june, you are going to wait another year.
They have 1 plant for the whole world.
It is what it is.
You'll have plenty of time to bail.
Your reservation date is irrelevant because you didn't order in the priority window. For the rest of us that did order in the window, our builds are roughly in order of reservation date

TerryS

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I’m just going to go away for 6 months and wait for the text from the dealer.

Best thing I have read on this site today!
1f44f.png

A six month break for the rest of us from your sorry posts.

Back
Top Bottom