The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Feb 22 reservation and an April 2024 build date….

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:16 AM
Reaction score
I have a reservation august 1 like 13,300 ish and I’m July of 24! I’m not sure how they can reasonably expect someone to stay interested in this car for that long? The only plus is I guess any and all bugs should be found by then?

July would make me nervous. It seems that maybe they are going to alternate year- evens (24) the US, odds (23) ROW, but the data is skimpy on that. So if they have to switch over to ROW next summer sometime, any hiccup and were waiting even longer. I still can’t quite get the numbers to jive. The number of pre-orders should be well below the production rate- so why preorders are past 1Q24, I don’t get. 5000 pre-orders is the number I’ve heard- but I think that is wrong since CO is supposed to get 400.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
July would make me nervous. It seems that maybe they are going to alternate year- evens (24) the US, odds (23) ROW, but the data is skimpy on that. So if they have to switch over to ROW next summer sometime, any hiccup and were waiting even longer. I still can’t quite get the numbers to jive. The number of pre-orders should be well below the production rate- so why preorders are past 1Q24, I don’t get. 5000 pre-orders is the number I’ve heard- but I think that is wrong since CO is supposed to get 400.
Everything from the factory has stated that after the initial big batch of US vehicles currently being pumped out, as with every other vehicle manufacturer, RoW and NAS vehicles will be made simultaneously... MY24 will be produced and sold for the RoW as well.

Production rate is something like 17,000/yr on one shift; NAS production began at the end of September, so leaving roughly 3 months of the year, or roughly 4,250 units (taking your assumption that everything coming off the assembly line is for NAS only). Pre-orders (between reservation and non reservation holders) is over 7,300 (by now I would imagine just shy of 8,000). Theoretically, producing only US vehicles, they could get through current orders by the end of Q1 '24. Given that if you were to call a dealer today and place an order they are saying late Q2 '24 or early Q3 '24 delivery aligns perfectly with the numbers, taking into account that RoW vehicles will be built alongside NAS after the initial push.

I remember reading somewhere that Ineos' goal was to get something like 1500-2000 units to customers before the new year, and given that something like 750 of them are on boats right now headed stateside (slated to arrive in the next 2 weeks), it continues to add up

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Which kind of gets me back to the thread title. If your math is right- and I think that it is- my Feb 22 reservation got me little to nothing with an April 24 build. A Feb22 reservation is near the end of the reservations? I guess we really need to hear from someone that ordered outside of the pre-order. And just for clarification, at one time I was told 4Q23 production..

chtucker

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
5:16 AM
Reaction score
Which kind of gets me back to the thread title. If your math is right- and I think that it is- my Feb 22 reservation got me little to nothing with an April 24 build. A Feb22 reservation is near the end of the reservations? I guess we really need to hear from someone that ordered outside of the pre-order. And just for clarification, at one time I was told 4Q23 production..
I "preordered" on June 1 of 2023 and am being told Q1 2024.. That is quicker than the F150/F250s I order at work for my fleet.

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Reservation date: when you put down the deposit
Preorder: When you submitted the configuration you wanted.
Order date is when you didn’t hit the pre-order window.

Reservation date should be the driveThe pre-order date should be irrelevant. The order date is only if you didn’t put down a deposit, or missed the pre-order window (end of June IIRC). The pre-order date means even less since I have one of Aug17th for some reason, when I entered it in late June.

What should drive build sequence:
Reservation date > Configuration logistics > Pre-order date

At least that is what is implied in the older comms from Ineos.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
What should drive build sequence:
Reservation date > Configuration logistics > Pre-order date
It appears that it is in fact:
Configuration logistics > Reservation date > Pre-order date

as some of us with offset color roofs are pushed back a bit

Dagger22

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
In the same boat. I reserved in Mar ‘22 and was recently told by dealer it’s a Jan ‘24 build with a March ‘24 estimated delivery. And received an email from Inoes in Aug ‘23 saying it would be a 4Q23 build. Will just keep waiting.

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Except my boat is three months later…

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Except my boat is three months later…
Again, your reservation date is irrelevant in this comparison because you ordered outside the window....

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Again, your reservation date is irrelevant in this comparison because you ordered outside the window....
Correct. As I understand anything after June 30 at midnight was a crap shoot.

Jack123

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
5:16 AM
Reaction score
In the same boat. I reserved in Mar ‘22 and was recently told by dealer it’s a Jan ‘24 build with a March ‘24 estimated delivery. And received an email from Inoes in Aug ‘23 saying it would be a 4Q23 build. Will just keep waiting.

I also spoke with my Dealer today. I'm almost in a similar situation as you. Reserved Mar 22. I was initially informed by my dealer earlier this month that expected delivery 1Q24. But today I was told early 2Q24. I feel that they are extending the delivery dates to the right a bit. I'm still hoping that I get mine around January.

HandWringer

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
6:16 AM
Reaction score
I think that makes the most sense... Your reservation only gave you the ability to pre-order during the pre-order window. The reservation number might have some bearing on production date when considered against other confirmed pre-orders made during the pre-order period. But if a reservation holder missed the pre-order window, their (post pre-order window) order has the same priority as... the dinner reservation I missed on Wednesday night at a hot new restaurant I'm not cool enough for, but then I showed up tonight (Friday night) at prime time surprised they wouldn't seat me right away - and that the next available time I could eat there was Sunday at 3pm.

Dagger22

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I also spoke with my Dealer today. I'm almost in a similar situation as you. Reserved Mar 22. I was initially informed by my dealer earlier this month that expected delivery 1Q24. But today I was told early 2Q24. I feel that they are extending the delivery dates to the right a bit. I'm still hoping that I get mine around January.
Agree. Certainly feels that way. I’m sure you’re aware to ignore the Ineos website for updates. At one point a couple of weeks ago it showed ‘in production’ with a Jan estimated delivery. Then a week later it was gone. We’ve waited this long so what’s a couple more months +/- 3 or 4 mos 😂. Hang tight it's going to be worth the wait!

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:16 PM
Reaction score
Agree. Certainly feels that way. I’m sure you’re aware to ignore the Ineos website for updates. At one point a couple of weeks ago it showed ‘in production’ with a Jan estimated delivery. Then a week later it was gone. We’ve waited this long so what’s a couple more months +/- 3 or 4 mos 😂. Hang tight it's going to be worth the wait!
You guys are so funny.
I reserved in March 2022
I ordered in July 2022,
I was told it would be delivered in July/August 2023
then i was told it was ready in January 2023 and about to get on a boat.
I paid $5,000 in April 2023 and signed contract.
Then back to July 2023
Then August
Then September
Then November.
finally (hopefully) it will be ready to pick up next Tuesday 31st october.

Dagger22

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You guys are so funny.
I reserved in March 2022
I ordered in July 2022,
Then back to July 2023
Then August
Then September
Then November.
😂laughing with you not at you.

Hope you get a ‘treat’ and not a ‘trick’ on All Hallows’ Eve (think that’s what they call it in Australia - I’m sure the Aussies will correct me)

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Uhm, I ORDERED IN THE PRE_ORDER WINDOW! Did I stutter. I’m sorry if I misrepresented it, but I ordered in the pre-order window. Got the email saying so. Confirmed it with INEOS. INEOS has some weird date in their system, but they also promised me a Q4 build, as someone mentioned, the website is pure crap for info- maybe it is AI hallucinating.

You guys are so funny.
I reserved in March 2022
I ordered in July 2022,
Then back to July 2023
Then August
Then September
Then November.

We’re talking about NA ordering and delivery, but as EU/ROW orders have shown, INEOS has slipped dates horribly. Now maybe they have a lot of the bugs and logistics figured out. Maybe the NA dates are fudged (they sure seem to be) and we’ll see them maybe before- kind of doubt it, but projected production numbers far outstrip when my build is. Or my config is cursed me.

Lord Ripon USA

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Uhm, I ORDERED IN THE PRE_ORDER WINDOW! Did I stutter. I’m sorry if I misrepresented it, but I ordered in the pre-order window. Got the email saying so. Confirmed it with INEOS. INEOS has some weird date in their system, but they also promised me a Q4 build, as someone mentioned, the website is pure crap for info- maybe it is AI hallucinating.

We’re talking about NA ordering and delivery, but as EU/ROW orders have shown, INEOS has slipped dates horribly. Now maybe they have a lot of the bugs and logistics figured out. Maybe the NA dates are fudged (they sure seem to be) and we’ll see them maybe before- kind of doubt it, but projected production numbers far outstrip when my build is. Or my config is cursed me.
Relax, there are going to be vehicles available stateside because people are going to bail as the waits get excessive.
There doesn’t seem to be any penalty for somebody ordering up to 10 vehicles, and then deciding that they don’t want them two weeks before they get here.
Just stay in touch with a few dealers, and if something comes up that makes you happier faster, do that.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
😂laughing with you not at you.

Hope you get a ‘treat’ and not a ‘trick’ on All Hallows’ Eve (think that’s what they call it in Australia - I’m sure the Aussies will correct me)
We generally call it "that stupid American thing" and then buy lollies, dress the kids/grandchildren up, answer the door when kids come, with a bucket of lollies for them.

Last edited:

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I asked Chris at Red Noland to take another look at my order, since an April build gets pretty long to actually get to me. He said that dates have shifted back and forth and that he was seeing that I’d probably have delivery late Q1 or early Q2. He didn’t see anything in my order that looked like it would cause an issue. I hope that time-frame holds.

It makes more sense based on the number of pre-orders and production rates. Kind of perfect timing, I’d rather put another winter on my current car then beat up my IG.

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
actually there was nothing here in australia celebrating any form of halloween, until more recently when the US version of the event began to transplant through tv/popular culture, and the shops swung into line with all the plastic decorations. It is still patchy, with some houses participating, and the general etiquette has developed that you on,y knock on houses with obvious haloween stuff outside.
Some people still complain about it ‘not being real’ or relevant, others enjoy it.

the all hallows I think is just a ’stub’ of the true historical root; it is Scotland that has always observed samhain, that got owned by christian churches that tried to over-ride most pagan and other rituals to effectively drive them out, including christmas/yuletide, and easter…

so the over-ride to a festival of diabetes and the plastic death of the environment is no worse than any other bit of cultural imperialism… it is lovely to do with young kids😂

Back
Top Bottom