The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Feb 22 reservation and an April 2024 build date….

Lord Ripon USA

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
4:25 AM
Reaction score
Your reservation date is irrelevant because you didn't order in the priority window. For the rest of us that did order in the window, our builds are roughly in order of reservation date
I get that.
They only have so much capacity. They have to fill orders worldwide.
The logistics are thorny.
By the middle of June I bet it looked like all their capacity was sold out for the model year. Not even considering supply chain issues, or running changes.
That's good for Ineos.
Not good for me.
As a person of character, I would not accept a person in the UK or Aus or SA being further delayed, or not getting their unit because an entitled American was wingeing.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I get that.
By the middle of June I bet it looked like all their capacity was sold out for the model year. Not even considering supply chain issues, or running changes.
That's good for Ineos.
Not good for me.
As a person of character, I would not accept a person in the UK or Aus or SA being further delayed, or not getting their unit because an entitled American was wingeing.
Orders were not entered/sent up the chain until after the priority order window; this has been confirmed through a multitude of people calling, emailing, chatting, and even by Greg Clark himself in videos.

From the start (of US communication), it has always been that reservation order determines build order. Despite whatever capacity is being sold out for a model year, the order is the same.

From before the Spring, Ineos has allotted US Production to begin late summer/early fall, despite the orders from the RoW. It has nothing to do with the US buyers being "entitled", but the simple planning of release timelines. Much to the dismay of the RoW, with the US being the largest (single country) market for the Grenadier, it would make sense to have planned ahead for a prioritized build period to ensure those vehicles get to market as quickly as possible to keep those customers happy and grow the brand.

Of course, it's the internet, you're free to believe whatever you'd like :)

RoyalWulff

Forum Supporter
Local time
2:25 AM
Reaction score
I’m not sure if you are being sarcastic or not…

More what I’m hacked about is being told Q4 this year and then with in a month being told Q2 next year. That seems more the time frame for people walking in right now. We also have zero vision on the relation between reservation, order time and config. Also, if they really did start on US config builds in august as some people are reporting, and there are 7000 reservations, that means that they are making less than 1000 a month…. That doesn’t add up.

Maybe they have finally learned to under promise and over deliver. But frankly, with their issues in the past and the numbers not adding up, I have serious doubts about actually getting one next year before they switch back to EU/ROW models. Maybe the low apparent figures have dual/side-by-side production of US/EU-ROW built in.
I ordered on September 30, 2021 and was told delivery would be in November. You’ll get it next year; this year was never in the cards.

TSquared

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:25 AM
Reaction score
Getting a Bronco is the standard measure of waiting excessive amounts of time for a 4x4…

On the design, let’s be perfectly clear, it isn’t anywhere near the idea of the old Defender, outside of the outward general appearance. It’s been getting more and more gadgetized and electrified as it has gone along. And the price has gone up.
Tell me about it! I was a day-one reservation with Ford and I waited 18 months for my Bronco Badlands. I'm OK with waiting for the Grenadier, but I have a cool ride in the meantime. As capable as this Bronco is, I will be trading it in or selling it to get into the Grenadier. I wish I could keep both... A high-grade "problem" for sure.

Jack123

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
1:25 AM
Reaction score
When did you order?

I get that.
That's good for Ineos.
Not good for me.

Fully Agree My Lord. :) And I'm an American :) :)

Jack123

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I ordered on September 30, 2021 and was told delivery would be in November. You’ll get it next year; this year was never in the cards.

Hello RoyalWulff, just to clarify... I believe you made reservation in 2021 and pre-ordered this year. Something tells me that you're getting a wonderful Christmas present this year!

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:25 AM
Reaction score
Well for a few of us in AUS here it was meant to be a March delivery, but will be delivered at best in Oct coming!

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well for a few of us in AUS here it was meant to be a March delivery, but will be delivered at best in Oct coming!
That's what's concerning me. April build plus people have said 6-12 weeks to deliver. So, at best a June delivery, but more likely August? it wouldn't take much of a slip to have it getting here this time next year. A three and half year wait from when I put money down. But the real concern, is that it goes long and they start on MY25, and will those start our with EU/ROW builds.

If they are building NAFTA ones in August, and they had 7000 pre-orders, and mine doesn't get built until April at best? Something doesn't add up.

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The Ineos website doesn’t have a production time listed now, even though my dealer in Colorado Springs said it would be built in April, but the delivery date is now estimated to be June 2024.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The Ineos website doesn’t have a production time listed now, even though my dealer in Colorado Springs said it would be built in April, but the delivery date is now estimated to be June 2024.
Hi Mile High, What is your Pre-Order Number? Mine is in the 14,000 range. DaBull

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Mile High, What is your Pre-Order Number? Mine is in the 14,000 range. DaBull
17000 for the pre-order, reservation 2/22. What was your reservation time?

I think the only option I didn’t get were the winch and AC convereter. No rock rails, since I didn’t like the options. Safari roof, so no roof rack.

HandWringer

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
2:25 AM
Reaction score

I think the only option I didn’t get were the winch and AC convereter. No rock rails, since I didn’t like the options. Safari roof, so no roof rack.
17,000? Did you pre-order in the early window (June 2023)? Or did you pre-order a couple months later? I think I was one of the last to submit during the early pre-order on June 30 and my pre-order # is 10xxx.

Lots of guesses on my part and please correct me if I'm wrong, but I would guess the reservation timing doesn't have much of any impact on build dates (but the pre-order date does). All the reservation allowed was the ability to pre-order early (June 2023) with known pricing and some lip service that dealerships would treat you less bad than non reservation holders/early pre-orders, while non-reservation holders had to wait until July 1 with less visibility on potential pricing changes. Perhaps reservation priority dictated in some way the build order for pre-orders during the early June 2023 period.

As an illustration, if you pre-ordered on September 1, I don't think a reservation allows your build date to jump ahead of lower reservation numbers placed in June or even non-reservation orders placed in July or August. But, you might possibly have some advantage versus some of the other "lower priority" orders placed on or slightly after September 1.

Maybe someone else wrote a whole thread on this and my assumptions are completely off base.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Hi Mile High,, My reservation was on 11-22-2022 and I preordered on 5-31-2023 and then was assigned an 8-14-2023 preorder date and then the pre-order dated changed to 9-22-2023. I have a build sheet from my dealer, Rusnak Grenadier in Pasadena, however production date still unknown and delivery is anybody's guess. My preorder number is 14,406. Being patient, however going for an on road test drive on Tuesday at Rusnak Grenadier to have a bit more fun. DaBull

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I sent in my config late June, not the last day, but close. I might ask my dealer for an ‘audit’ of why mine is so late.

Tjhappel

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I’m either Doc, Grumpy, Dopey, Bashful, Sleepy, or Sneezy because I’m not Happy.

Got a call from my dealer, Red Noland in The Springs. Nice guy, went over the order and then dropped the bomb- “4 of 24 build date”- I’m like as in April of 24????? Yep.

So much for a Q4 build and delivery this year…. Wankers.

Not his fault, so I didn’t follow up. I just threw out there that with an April build date, I’ll be lucky to see it next summer…. He didn’t disagree.

I thought I might be screwed when I saw my order number was in the 17000 and people had ones even in the 9000.

50:50 I might be out. Dealer not close. The car not being really what was the initial design intent. Ineos has never been early, so I put it at a 25% chance I don’t see it next year.

Either the LC will be onshore before that or the new 4Runner will be at least reveled. Hell, I can probably get a Bronco faster than the IG. And a Jeep 392 would be a hell of a lot faster

Also was told that Red would be taking a $1000 deposit- not sure if refundable. He’d take payment now…. But could wait. He did say that they would be taking reservations for rides in two dealer demos in Oct. I told him that’s still a long ways away from my delivery date.

I didn’t ask a lot of questions, because with an April build date, my first instinct was that I’m out, things will change, and just F me….
I have a reservation august 1 like 13,300 ish and I’m July of 24! I’m not sure how they can reasonably expect someone to stay interested in this car for that long? The only plus is I guess any and all bugs should be found by then?

Lord Ripon USA

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I have a reservation august 1 like 13,300 ish and I’m July of 24! I’m not sure how they can reasonably expect someone to stay interested in this car for that long? The only plus is I guess any and all bugs should be found by then?
What is unique about your order?
I’m kinda sorta waiting for some inventory to arrive here in the United States, followed by people canceling their orders.

It’s entirely possible I can buy someone’s cancellation with exactly the same specs that I would have to wait until late 2024 to receive.
Might be worth reaching out to a few dealers.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
People put money out and waited years for Broncos as well; 11 months from pre-order to delivery isn't bad at all

Tjhappel

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
What is unique about your order?
I’m kinda sorta waiting for some inventory to arrive here in the United States, followed by people canceling their orders.

It’s entirely possible I can buy someone’s cancellation with exactly the same specs that I would have to wait until late 2024 to receive.
Might be worth reaching out to a few dealers.
My wife had to have magic mushroom with red frame…. We pretty much ordered it with all options. I think msrp is 105k or thereabouts. And I totally agree that spots will open up and my allotment will likely move forward. I’m guessing the red frame and winch maybe added some time?

Back
Top Bottom