The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Reservation # Ledger

Local time
6:07 PM
Reaction score
Your confirmation #: 00052635xxInvoice number: 900028xx
Invoice Date: 30/09/2021

Local time
12:07 PM
Reaction score
Your confirmation #: 00052814xx
Invoice number: 900127xx
Invoice Date: 24/01/2022

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:07 AM
Reaction score
I asked them at the Seattle event tonight. The way it stands now they plan to open orders to all reservation holders in the US at the same time so there isn't a benefit to any range of reservation or invoice numbers.

grenadierguy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
11:07 AM
Reaction score
Bruce said:
I asked them at the Seattle event tonight. The way it stands now they plan to open orders to all reservation holders in the US at the same time so there isn't a benefit to any range of reservation or invoice numbers.
so they won't guarantee price from dealer markups and the reservation means nothing if you booked today or on the 29th of September... kinda puts a bad taste in your mouth. 

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Glenn  grenadierguy userid=8842619 postid=1331766185]
so they won't guarantee price from dealer markups and the reservation means nothing if you booked today or on the 29th of September... kinda puts a bad taste in your mouth. [/QUOTE]

To be fair, they aren't going to make people wait longer than is reasonable. I was told that at some point they will shut off early reservations. They want to be able to meet the expectations of those who got in board early. By the time they're shipping to the US, they most likely will have cleared the books from the rest-of-world orders. As it stands now the US only has 3k or so hand raisers, so only a couple months worth of production.

Local time
Reaction score
I am not buying it that they will ignore the order of the reservations and just reset everything once its time to order.  They made a huge marketing deal about signing up early and pre-registering and placing deposits so we are first in line etc.  There is a numbering system on the reservation and although Europe gets the cars first before the USA I believe they will preserve the reservation order when the US starts getting their allotments.  I am sure its all sorted by reservation time and country to create a unique list for each early pre-order.  There is no reason for them to put everyone back in one pot down the road other than to piss everyone off.  They have not shown themselves to be that tone deaf to date so I am hoping the info stated above from Seattle was not correctly stated.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I mean, I hope I get an earlier delivery slot with an invoice # in the 200s, but I wouldn't be mad if I didn't get one the first month they're available. It sounds like volumes are going to be low enough that even US reservations made today won't have to wait too long. Compared to the Bronco where first day orders are waiting months for their truck, the wait for a Gren won't be too bad.

d1rty

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
1:07 PM
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Glenn  grenadierguy userid=8842619 postid=1331766185]
so they won't guarantee price from dealer markups and the reservation means nothing if you booked today or on the 29th of September... kinda puts a bad taste in your mouth. [/QUOTE]

My spidey sense is tingling, too.

After all the hype about sign up early, be the first, etc, this seems pretty tone deaf.  Hopefully they figure it out.

And the dealer markup fear is real.  Here in the Washington Metro Area, anything 4x4 carries a big markup.  Buddy just bought a pretty run-of-the-mill 4Runner (not TRD Pro), and it was marked up like $10k.  New Broncos have asking prices starting at $100k.  If Ineos doesn't do something to keep this in check - especially for the crowd that "raised their hand" and put down a deposit, I'm out.  I'll just drive my Tundra until it stops - which will be a VERY long time.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
At the Seattle showing he seemed very keen about our concern.  He even referenced the G wagon in LA that sold for 100k over ask.  I keep mention to people group buy.   If we can get a dealer who will honor our price, we should buy from them.  Power in numbers.  

d1rty

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
ADVAW8S said:
At the Seattle showing he seemed very keen about our concern.  He even referenced the G wagon in LA that sold for 100k over ask.  I keep mention to people group buy.   If we can get a dealer who will honor our price, we should buy from them.  Power in numbers.  

Well, they're playing with fire.  I hope they read these forums and the subreddit because if we're going to get bent over the barrel by a dealer, they're not going to sell many.

Local time
Reaction score
Hey all -

Appreciate having a board to read, learn and hopefully contribute to. As far as me:

#00052743XX Reservation (Confirmation?). Invoice # 900090XX. 14/10/2021. Geesh.

So far as I know, 14 Oct 2021 was opening day for USA, no?

thanks again for the effort here -

d1rty

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Geesh said:
So far as I know, 14 Oct 2021 was opening day for USA, no?

If you had registered on the website, global access to put in a reservation opened late on the evening of 29 September, as I recall.  This was a nod to those that had "raised their hand" early and been following the Grenadier story for a while.  "Public" reservations opened on 14 October globally.

equismorio

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
What does the registration number means?  That you've actually purchased a vehicle and one is reserved for you? 

I only have the confirmation and invoice numbers.  Just trying to understand what these numbers mean....  Thanks much!

equismorio

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Sorry I meant reservation number.  thanks!

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:07 AM
Reaction score
equismorio said:
What does the registration number means?  That you've actually purchased a vehicle and one is reserved for you? 

I only have the confirmation and invoice numbers.  Just trying to understand what these numbers mean....  Thanks much!
A reservation means you are in a priority queue. If you place an order (around 5-6x the reservation price) you will be prioritised and given a build date.At this stage you can alter specifications up until 6 weeks before the build date. You can get a refund of all the money if you change your mind, ,  but only up until the 6 weeks before the build date. If you don't place an order you'll go to the back of the queue.

dominicperry

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
5:07 PM
Reaction score
Tazzieman said:
A reservation means you are in a priority queue. If you place an order (around 5-6x the reservation price) you will be prioritised and given a build date. At this stage you can alter specifications up until 6 weeks before the build date. You can get a refund of all the money if you change your mind, ,  but only up until the 6 weeks before the build date. If you don't place an order you'll go to the back of the queue.

Do you have inside knowledge about this process, because I haven't seen this written down by any of the 1000's of articles and reviews I've been scouring through? Or did I miss it somewhere? Go on, spill the beans, you're Jim, aren't you?

Dominic

Back
Top Bottom