The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Invoice number

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
6:07 PM
Reaction score
So today at a drive event outside of Phoenix they said that orders will be fulfilled according to reservation order for the United States. I am pretty sure that is based on the the invoice number. Who will be the first to get one in the United States???

My initial reservation is number 90000740. I think that means I was number 740 in the world? Who is going to beat that?

After the drive event today my wife put in a reservation. The new invoice number is 90036712. That leads me to believe there have been 36712 reservations made if it is sequential which previous threads seem to elude to.

I am hoping it takes a year or so to deliver the second vehicle although at the drive event they mentioned hoping to fill all US orders in roughly 6 months.

Pipm4000

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:07 PM
Reaction score
I just checked, I got the email at 00:36 and managed to reserve by 00:49, UK time, Number 353. I waited up to order. Mine is in production allegedly but not at a dealer. I did spend a day sorting my spec before ordering which was not meant to change my place in the queue but I think it may have.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
8:07 AM
Reaction score
These numbers were discussed over and over in the past. There is little correlation with anything it seems.

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
That is what I thought previously. However at the drive event today the information was that for the US the orders would be fulfilled according to when the reservations were made. He mentioned that as long as you get your orders in during the 3-4 week time period the earlier the initial reservation, the earlier the build.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:07 PM
Reaction score
Playing this game, I'm from the 000526 launch group and in low 400.

shiv.nandak

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Mine is 00035. I reserved within two minutes of the window opening. Interestingly, someone (on Facebook) has received a call from Ineos to confirm the order. I am not sure what his number was but either he reserved before me or the numbers are meaningless.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Mine is 00035. I reserved within two minutes of the window opening. Interestingly, someone (on Facebook) has received a call from Ineos to confirm the order. I am not sure what his number was but either he reserved before me or the numbers
I spoke to ineos this afternoon about another issue, asked about the Favebook post. Said they are calling people but people with multiple orders confirming they want one or two orders. Most multiple orders are from ppl who made changes and did not go through the proper process. IE, changed the order and hit submit again.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Has anyone seen an update when they log in IA site? Mine still says it will be updated but hasn’t yet. We are now 1/3rd through the month.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Has anyone seen an update when they log in IA site? Mine still says it will be updated but hasn’t yet. We are now 1/3rd through the month.
That was my conversation with the Ineos rep. They are on it but doing it manually. I hoped my call will speed mine up a little quicker. Try using the chat feature on the ineos website. That is what I did at 2:30PST today.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I don't have a build month, if that's what you mean by an update... I am guessing the site will update somewhere in the latter half of the month. Who knows, maybe we'll even get another video from Greg

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:07 AM
Reaction score
Once you get a dealer (I.e. a person) they can put changes through for you and the online configurator shows changes immediately.

But I assume American purchasers are at least 9-12 months from that stage? I.e. before anything actually happens regarding orders.

Point being that if you have changes, maybe save them up for now, there is a better time to push them through. Also, from personal experience, your changes might change…

Last edited:

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Once you get a dealer (I.e. a person) they can put changes through for you and the online configurator shows changes immediately.

But I assume American purchasers are at least 9-12 months from that stage? I.e. before anything actually happens regarding orders.

Point being that if you have changes, maybe save them up for now, there is a better time to push them through. Also, from personal experience, your changes might change…
Sam, this is quote contrary to our US timeline... The first deliveries will be here in 5 months; the time to alter orders without loosing your spot in line has technically passed already

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Oh OK, I’m not well read regarding US. But changes to spec in other jurisdictions does not result in losing queue spot.

I hope you get vehicles in just 5 months… but personally I think this is a fantasy

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Sam, this is quote contrary to our US timeline... The first deliveries will be here in 5 months; the time to alter orders without loosing your spot in line has technically passed already
Anyone betting on a December 23 delivery would do well to figure March next year into their logistics I think. The cynic in me thinks longer.

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Surely even March 24 would require that early US order holders would have to jump ahead of those in the RoW who have been waiting a long time?

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Surely even March 24 would require that early US order holders would have to jump ahead of those in the RoW who have been waiting a long time?
I'd assume that anyone who has ordered by now would have it delivered by then. From memory someone mentioned it's about a 9 month wait from ordering at the moment. US orders would fit into that box I would think, but who knows with this lot. One thing is certain, if you are given a date, it's going to be a rubbery one. Luckily it's a good product hey. ;)

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It would; taking into account that those customers in the US that are getting theirs first put their names on the list in 2021.

They've said for quite some time (at least here in the US), that US production was starting early Q4 of this year, with deliveries before the end of the year. At the same time, I understand the RoW timeline has included customers still awaiting deliveries at that point.

As a single country market, the US is also the largest, so it wouldn't be all too surprising that the RoW orders may get shuffled a bit to process the US ones through in a timely manner

Fidei Defensor

Contract Signed
Local time
Reaction score
Anand: I think you are correct, specifically for the North America market, which is being managed in quite a different way from elsewhere (hence a bit of confusion!).
Here, for reservation holders (we had the opportunity to make a small deposit to hold a reservation starting towards the end of September 2021), the pre-order window opened in June and we had until early July to get our pre-orders in. Then Ineos NA ould sort these pre-orders into a build schedule. This schedule would be driven (I believe) with the reservation date being the primary control, but adjusted to do batch builds of similar configuations,,,, So the build month could vary a bit and if you wanted a weird configuration, you might be delayed somewhat.
Those with pre-orders are now getting notification that our orders are processed (see attachment). I am "assuming" the pre-order number may be related to the actual build 'priority" but this is speculation on my part. I reserved on october 2nd 2021, and my preorder number is 097 (ignoring the 10 in front). Shiv (above) reserved a couple of days before me and has a pre-order of 035. Someone on the FB got pre-order 111, and he made his reservation a few days after me. Also, my understanding is that changing your configuration after your preorder has been accepted could push you to the back of the line!
Whether this means anything is not known, and we do not have an estimated build month, which I guess will come when they sort out the production sequence, based on the various configurations.
And we have to wait for the dealerships to be announced to them contact them and actually get into the business of firming up with a contract/PO. And hopefully, the dealer will honor the MSRP imn the configurator!
All this is just for the people who made early reservations. anyone configuring and pre-ordering who did not have a reservation will be automatically be placed in the production sequence AFTER all reservation-holders are built....Grenadier pre-order details.JPG

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
but adjusted to do batch builds of similar configuations,,,, So the build month could vary a bit and if you wanted a weird configuration, you might be delayed somewhat.
Yep, all that is accurate, except for the part about batches of similar configurations. That isn't a necessary component of building these vehicles. There can be a no options 2 seat RHD utility going through the assembly process just a few spots away from a full option North American spec Trialmaster station wagon. At least that is how it has been presented to me on numerous occasions by US and UK Ineos staff

The reservation order (assuming the pre-order was placed in the appropriate window) is the deciding factor for build order

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I don't think you can assume you're #97, @Fidei Defensor. I'm #9349 (so you can't ignore the 10) but don't think it means anything. If they're entering by hand, I think the time entered, in your case 0451 on the 29th might be more tied to your place in line. I've noticed a trend in screenshots that the number might vary but the timestamps all seem to line up according to when deposits were placed.

Edit: we're a disorganized bunch. Tesla geeks put up a spreadsheet where you could enter all the email times and order numbers and they figured it out in no time. We just keep guessing.

Back
Top Bottom