The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Part number request from my Australian brothers

Jackattack13

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:39 AM
Reaction score
My goal is to find a way to get the side bars and roo bar somehow. Sooooo bummed we don't get this option in the U.S.! They look so good!

Jackattack13

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
For real, someone in Australia can make a pretty good side hustle if they find an economical way to ship the bull-bar / side-bars to U.S. customers.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
For real, someone in Australia can make a pretty good side hustle if they find an economical way to ship the bull-bar / side-bars to U.S. customers.
It would have been $1900ish to ship ocean freight. I don't know how much less it would be for bulk. The day after I paid, @AMan posted on FB that he was trying to find a way to set up distribution. Might be worth reaching out to him because his costs may be less.

Jackattack13

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It would have been $1900ish to ship ocean freight. I don't know how much less it would be for bulk. The day after I paid, @AMan posted on FB that he was trying to find a way to set up distribution. Might be worth reaching out to him because his costs may be less.
I mean, if we could get a bulk order placed and split the cost of the shipping by 10 - 20 folks, that would be totally doable. Something to consider for sure.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I mean, if we could get a bulk order placed and split the cost of the shipping by 10 - 20 folks, that would be totally doable. Something to consider for sure.
I'm curious what others do. I’d imagine most will opt for a domestic bar. The minimum freight volume the shipping company would bill for was one cubic meter and this is around half of that. It may be cheaper if you ship them in bulk, but the domestic shipping once the bars arrived stateside would still not be very cheap. You would have to order a significant number of them before getting a big break on sharing a container. Coming from a 4runner, where you have to cut the bumper to install almost anything, and many of the options don’t come powder coated, I wanted something plug and play this time around. I will have to hope that somebody figures out how to either install the factory winch bumper (with an adaptor for something from Warn) or creates a bolt on equivalent that that will be compatible with the factory bull bar, which is a big gamble. Time will tell.

Jackattack13

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'm curious what others do. I’d imagine most will opt for a domestic bar. The minimum freight volume the shipping company would bill for was one cubic meter and this is around half of that. It may be cheaper if you ship them in bulk, but the domestic shipping once the bars arrived stateside would still not be very cheap. You would have to order a significant number of them before getting a big break on sharing a container. Coming from a 4runner, where you have to cut the bumper to install almost anything, and many of the options don’t come powder coated, I wanted something plug and play this time around. I will have to hope that somebody figures out how to either install the factory winch bumper (with an adaptor for something from Warn) or creates a bolt on equivalent that that will be compatible with the factory bull bar, which is a big gamble. Time will tell.
Honestly, just opting for an ARB option would be easier and cheaper. It would be more of a novelty to get your hands on one of the coveted Roo' bars and side bars here in the U.S. The side bars would be simple enough for a fabrication shop to make. Its just finding someone to do it. And would probably save a boatload of cash.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Unfortunately I went with different steps so I'm not sure the factory bars are compatible. A fab shop will be the way to go if I want those.

AMan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:39 PM
Reaction score
We’re working on this and on to something. Already confirmed supply possible and shipping will definitely be cheaper.

Drop me a message on Facebook with your email address and I’ll add you to the purchase list.

It’ll include all barwork, various other accessories etc.

Aabid Manji- on Facebook

Back
Top Bottom