The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Difference between Reservation number and Pre-order number?

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:58 AM
Reaction score
Little nervous about this. I have a reservation number ending in 63. When I pre-ordered my IG, I got a pre-order number emailed to me that ends in 85. I still don't have anything under my account on Pre-orders on the website. My Reservation has "Configure' and says active.

So I did the chat function, and at first the person was treating them as two different pre-orders? Eventually they said that there wasn't a difference...

I think that when I pre-ordered i just configured one through the configurator and pre-ordered. The email in June from IG said to get my pre-order in. I was logged into my account when I did it. I got an email back from them saying I had pre-ordered. But did I pre-order with all the schlubs that didn't have a reservation?

It's late July and that their website has no indication of anything when I log in makes me cringe a little.

Right now the website makes it seem like I'm no where....

Makers52129

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:58 AM
Reaction score
Little nervous about this. I have a reservation number ending in 63. When I pre-ordered my IG, I got a pre-order number emailed to me that ends in 85. I still don't have anything under my account on Pre-orders on the website. My Reservation has "Configure' and says active.

So I did the chat function, and at first the person was treating them as two different pre-orders? Eventually they said that there wasn't a difference...

I think that when I pre-ordered i just configured one through the configurator and pre-ordered. The email in June from IG said to get my pre-order in. I was logged into my account when I did it. I got an email back from them saying I had pre-ordered. But did I pre-order with all the schlubs that didn't have a reservation?

It's late July and that their website has no indication of anything when I log in makes me cringe a little.

That all sounds like my story verbatim! Don’t worry! We are all on edge with anticipation. I assume we will find out in the next few days.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:58 AM
Reaction score

Hi MileHigh, The reservation number and pre-order numbers are supposed to be different and are not the same.
When it comes time to sign your contract, I have been told that your password will be your pre-order number, which starts with 000. At some point you will be asked to Docusign your contract. This may all change for North American Orders, who knows? We are all waiting to hear something soon. Ineos told me by end of July or perhaps sometime in the first 2 weeks of August, although I think everyone goes on vacation in August in Europe. My password begins with 000, LOL. DaBull

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I was a bit worried since I didn't use the 'configure' button to enter my config. I just used the configurator and submitted it. I started to get the "Uh-oh' feeling I get when I do taxes.

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@DaBull, Do you have any idea if the contract we sign obligates us to purchase the vehicle sight unseen? I’m assuming these details are still being worked out but you and Stu seem to be very knowledgeable.

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
OP, FWIW I’m in the same boat you are. Other then checking into the forum daily to learn more from our European and Aussie friends, I‘m just kind of letting this process play out without thinking/stressing about it too much. The Ineos website and this whole pre-order/reservation process is super confusing.

I really like my ‘23 Defender 110 but I REALLY, REALLY like the Grenadier.…so either way I’m good if it doesn’t work out.

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:58 PM
Reaction score
@DaBull, Do you have any idea if the contract we sign obligates us to purchase the vehicle sight unseen? I’m assuming these details are still being worked out but you and Stu seem to be very knowledgeable.
Basically, yes. It obliges you to buy the car they build to your contract, your side of the deal is to pay and accept what you ordered.
most likely you can back out and lose your deposit, maybe they would waive that if it came to it.
Can you see the car before paying? Currently here you can do that, although its not part of the process, and it may well mean a slight delay to your delivery, as they need 2 days from payment cleared until collection. Clearing payment can take a while; banks.
But you dont really have the right to reject it if they built the car to your spec. And you can only look at it, definitely cant drive it or go in depth in and under.
I wouldnt worry too much about if theres anything on the car bothering you- they are clearly going to work very hard to keep people happy. If you are seriously rejecting the car (and waiting 6 months or whatever for a rebuild) then Ineos is going to be at least as worried as you if there’s faults behind that.

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
In the US, as far as I know, we don't have contracts. We also are technically at the whim of the dealer as to what they want to charge. So different than other markets. I think we can walk away up until the car shows up and we say that we'll take it.

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
In the US, as far as I know, we don't have contracts. We also are technically at the whim of the dealer as to what they want to charge. So different than other markets. I think we can walk away up until the car shows up and we say that we'll take it.
Sounds a different process to your normal though, for these pre-orders. jiman01’s question was about the contract he is signing, presumably with Ineos. So there’s obviously a contract involved. They may not enforce the obligation, but it’s there. I know after pre-orders at least some US customers wont deal with ineos, but for now it seems you can. And by the sound of your dealers, Im very happy to be able to go direct, shame you wont be able to continue that way.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Sounds a different process to your normal though, for these pre-orders. jiman01’s question was about the contract he is signing, presumably with Ineos. So there’s obviously a contract involved. They may not enforce the obligation, but it’s there. I know after pre-orders at least some US customers wont deal with ineos, but for now it seems you can. And by the sound of your dealers, Im very happy to be able to go direct, shame you wont be able to continue that way.
In North America we do not sign a contract with Ineos; we have a purchase agreement through the dealership.

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So, to answer jiman01s question about his contract, is that contract the same as the purchase agreement you sign? and does that agreement oblige you to do anything? Or oblige the dealer? Im just curious, it seems very different, and a bit like the document has little effect.
ineos have said the process for your pre-order customers is different, do you know what theyre referring to?

MECMaster

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
My preorder number on the website is 14862 (showed-up this week). That's different from the pre-order number in the confirmation email. I reserved in March 2023 and ordered on the same day pre-orders opened up. I am in the US. Does that mean anything? I.e., 14,862 in the US/NA or 4862 (1 being NA), etc. Has anyone deciphered the numbering sequence?

Last edited:

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:58 AM
Reaction score
My preorder number on the website is 14862 (showed-up this week). That's different from the pre-order number in the confirmation email. I reserved in March 2023 and ordered on the same day reservations opened up. I am in the US. Does that mean anything? I.e., 14,862 in the US/NA or 4862 (1 being NA), etc. Has anyone deciphered the numbering sequence?
Reserved mine on 11-22-2023.
Pre-ordered on 5-31-2023.
Got updated Pre-order date of 8-15-2023 when I looked yesterday and new
Pre-Order number ending in 14406.
DaBull

Local time
Reaction score

The same happened to us . I eventually called and spoke with someone at Eineos in England and was told to be patient that they were running behind. My order /reservation was confirmed by the customer service employee. I reserved in May . I do wish we could hear more! Like you, I am getting a little nervous as well .

MECMaster

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Got an email from Ineos earlier this week, simply giving me a build window. But the website doesn't show this yet.

• Pre-order number: 14862
• Estimated build window: Quarter 1 2024

Mountain4x4

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:58 AM
Reaction score
You early adopters, you probably have the latest I phone and have the latest Boy Bands on Spotify :ROFLMAO: We are 30,969 est build 9-24-24

Back
Top Bottom