The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Rain water pooling under drivers door seal.

Barttraeger

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
10:38 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone else have the issue that rain water collects under the seal of the driver’s door so that a mini flood onto the road happens when the door gets opened? As far as I an see there is no water inside the vehicle so it is obviously outside the sealed area. Not a major issue and I have got used to standing away from the vehicle whilst opening that door after rain.

Cohiba

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:38 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone else have the issue that rain water collects under the seal of the driver’s door so that a mini flood onto the road happens when the door gets opened? As far as I an see there is no water inside the vehicle so it is obviously outside the sealed area. Not a major issue and I have got used to standing away from the vehicle whilst opening that door after rain.
Yes, exactly that but on the passenger side. Any ideas what causes this.

Vote:
Upvote 0

Cohiba

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Exactly the same problem but on the passenger side.

Vote:
Upvote 0

Cohiba

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Exactly the same problem as Barrtraeger, but on the passenger side.
"Does anyone else have the issue that rain water collects under the seal of the driver’s door so that a mini flood onto the road happens when the door gets opened? As far as I an see there is no water inside the vehicle so it is obviously outside the sealed area".

Vote:
Upvote 0

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:38 AM
Reaction score
Have a look at the “wet feet” thread 😀
And no, you are not alone!
For a quick and dirty (or more fast and economic) solution you buy such a hose:
and just push it in the gap of the doors seal. This will make it be pressed tighter to the inner wall.
that’s it.
The other solution is to cut a hole into the lower part of the outer seal.
I would not recommend this if not your dealer tells you to do so till the new seals arrive.

Vote:
Upvote 0

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Quite a few have this issue, and new door seals will be required. Mine pools on both passenger and driver sides... for now, I have a piece of 6/o-d water pipe from an ice maker that I will temporarily install tomorrow as per the other treads found solution.

Vote:
Upvote 0

Nguni

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
5:38 PM
Reaction score
Mine does exactly that - Ineos knows about it but so far no solution

Vote:
Upvote 0

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I stuck some 5mm air line hose in the gaps and it's made zero difference. Might be lacking in girth! Will try a fatter hose.

Vote:
Upvote 0

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I stuck some 5mm air line hose in the gaps and it's made zero difference. Might be lacking in girth! Will try a fatter hose.
Grab your Makita, 8mm metal bit, a rubber grommet! Don't go wading later though!

Vote:
Upvote 0

don't ignore warning ligh

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes we also have this issue! Does anyone know how to fix it ?

Vote:
Upvote 0

IGL

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:38 AM
Reaction score
i had the same issue with my Volvo XC60 (MY 2019) on both sides, it "vanished" after one year = first inspection at the car dealer. until then: open the door very slowly so that it becomes a trickle rather than a waterfall. 😇

Vote:
Upvote 0

RYAustralia

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:38 PM
Reaction score
i had the same issue with my Volvo XC60 (MY 2019) on both sides, it "vanished" after one year = first inspection at the car dealer. until then: open the door very slowly so that it becomes a trickle rather than a waterfall. 😇
I have this same issue. Passengercdoor was adjusted as it was always a double or triple slam. Now single slam to close but pools rainwater or car wash water between the seals sigh.

Vote:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom