The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Wet feet

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
8:42 AM
Reaction score
So am I the only one with the boot rinse option ??

RHD, drivers door

The UK has seen some decent rainfall in the last couple of days. After this I have noticed (it’s hard not to), when the drivers door is opened that a wave of water gushes out from the bottom door cill and rinses your shoes, or boots off, whilst this may be handy to some people, it’s just another niggle that I have come across, and another one I don’t favour to be honest.

It is clearly coming in higher up and then being held by the lower door seals which are doing their job but in reverse if you get my drift. The water is being captured ready for the poor driver to open the door and get the full on Ineos boot rinse function.

Whilst this is annoying my thoughts have gone to, what if the vehicle is left for a few days, will this eventually back up and flood the drivers footwell ??

Where is it coming from ? I wonder based on purely a hunch is it anything to do with the RAI (which mine has)

Just taken a still from a video, hopefully you can see the water coming out as the door is cracked open.

Attachments

• IMG_3131.png
    IMG_3131.png
    248.2 KB · Views: 550

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

RHD, drivers door

The UK has seen some decent rainfall in the last couple of days. After this I have noticed (it’s hard not to), when the drivers door is opened that a wave of water gushes out from the bottom door cill and rinses your shoes, or boots off, whilst this may be handy to some people, it’s just another niggle that I have come across, and another one I don’t favour to be honest.

It is clearly coming in higher up and then being held by the lower door seals which are doing their job but in reverse if you get my drift. The water is being captured ready for the poor driver to open the door and get the full on Ineos boot rinse function.

Whilst this is annoying my thoughts have gone to, what if the vehicle is left for a few days, will this eventually back up and flood the drivers footwell ??

Where is it coming from ? I wonder based on purely a hunch is it anything to do with the RAI (which mine has)

Just taken a still from a video, hopefully you can see the water coming out as the door is cracked open.
We haven't had any rain here all this time, but I washed it properly with the water hose. I didn't notice that. I have RAI and no Safari windows.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:42 PM
Reaction score

RHD, drivers door

I didn’t experience this, although I had quite a lot of rain in the first week I had my car, but I had some water infiltration in the dashboard air vents.
Tonight it rained quite a bit, I checked both sides of the car (inside) but nothing to be seen.
I hope to have some long heavy rains in the upcoming weeks to wet my garden and check the Grenadier issues.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
10:42 PM
Reaction score
The rain was biblical here last night thunder/lightning just checked no probs with water safari windows ok too.
We got caught at Heathrow , thus a backlog of 35 planes before we left a couple of hours late.
The ceiling was dripping literally <1m from where we were sitting waiting.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:42 PM
Reaction score

RHD, drivers door

That looks like quite a bit of water ~ is the vehicle parked on an upslope?

Can you upload the video?

Reactions: PBD

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I cannot see how any water trapped in the door sill area could ever flood back into the footwell as there is an inner and outer door seal. Assuming it is trapped between the seals, it still has to get past the inner seal to actually enter the cabin.

IMG_0301.jpg

MarkH

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Could be tracking down from the front corner of the gutter.
Someone mentioned water being trapped in the top seal on the rear door and it lets go after opening the door. Have you had that happen?

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
This is a problem. I hope you figure this out. This can be a deal breaker for me for sure.

Reactions: CJV

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

RHD, drivers door

Do you have the safari windows?

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
That looks like quite a bit of water ~ is the vehicle parked on an upslope?

Can you upload the video?

As you can hopefully detect from the freeze fram from the video, any vehicle that has a wave/sheet of water exit the vehicle when you open the door like that has a problem.

It’s only a 15 second clip and it’s too large to add on here I’m afraid.

Looks like it’s only me who has this problem then, but as I always say, if I didn’t have bad luck I wouldn’t have any luck !!!

It gets added to the list then for the agent.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
2:42 PM
Reaction score
How big is your video, in bytes or megabytes? I could give you a location to upload it on my server and pick it from there for youtube.

But the size is the first question.

Reactions: Max
Local time
5:42 AM
Reaction score

RHD, drivers door

How much did the Boot Rinse option cost?

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:42 PM
Reaction score

RHD, drivers door

Mines exactly like this too. Drivers side. Water gushing out from the door sill when you open the door. Inside is dry.

MarkH

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Mines exactly like this too. Drivers side. Water gushing out from the door sill when you open the door. Inside is dry.
Can you post the video of this? If not, how big is the file? I could upload if you send by email and I'll make a link to post the vid on here.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

RHD, drivers door

Oh dear, that’s quite an accumulation of water. The other question I’d have wrt diagnosis is whether you can see any issues with water trapped inside the door, eg issues with the weather seal against the window glass?

Back
Top Bottom