The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas My woife is griping, is yours?

Rupert

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:06 AM
Reaction score
Well, of course in the delivery tutorial the Salesman neglected to mention that there is no door lock actuator on the passenger side. So I jump out to pick up the proverbial "milk" at the grocery store leaving the wife in the car. She starts blowing the horn like she's got a bear in the car with her. I sprint (at my awesome fighting weight of 253, totally "stocky" as I am 5'8") back to the car to discover that there is no actuator.....

Anyone else dealing with Nurse Ratchet on this? Who knows a good fix? Hopefully its like my 2004 LR Discovery where the ehating elements were in all seats, all you needed was the actuator. There is a blank on the passenger door so I just need my buddies from Oz to send me a switch for their drivers side door and I should be golden. Please advise if you know more than I do.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:06 AM
Reaction score
If you order one from Oz have them send 2 and I'll Venmo you. My wife hasn't said anything but I left my kid in the car the other day and it was odd for him not to be able to easily lock up while I ran in for the takeout.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:06 AM
Reaction score
Just pull the door handle on the inside and it should unlock that door... Or was her issue locking the doors?

Rupert

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If you order one from Oz have them send 2 and I'll Venmo you. My wife hasn't said anything but I left my kid in the car the other day and it was odd for him not to be able to easily lock up while I ran in for the takeout.

Will do, but be prepared for the "Administrative Fee"! LOL

Tinkerbell

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:06 AM
Reaction score
This has been one of my biggest issues with our new truck. We have other overland vehicles and all are such that the passenger can lock the passenger door (and one of them all of the doors) from inside. This may not seem like a big deal, but we travel a lot. At border crossings I stay with the car if it’s permitted so that I can keep an eye on things, this means that we have to keep it locked for the driver’s door to be secure, if I get out to do some stretching next to the truck the alarm goes off. Since there is absolutely nowhere to stow anything up front, it means that my purse, containing my set of keys is in the back seat, so doing a quick lock if someone sketchy is approaching is more difficult.
I really hope this is something that we can get the dealership to add, or we will not be doing much overlanding in it.

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Again such a silly easy part to just add. The blanking plate is there.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
6:06 AM
Reaction score
This tends to be a NA issue. I believe most European cars do not have a passenger side lock in Europe.

I'm more trying to figure out how without a kids window lock, I'm going to stop by autistic son from playing with his side window. I might have to pull his lever wiring.

Back
Top Bottom