The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Wet feet

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:55 AM
Reaction score
I'm the only one wanting rain and we haven't had any (a bit of drizzle) yet, the grass is like a Spanish savanna, and I'm beginning to worry about the stock - no hay this year.
I can imagine, you always think of Scotland as a bit wet. Noticed, round our way (Newark) most of the hay has been cut, so a disadvantage before being bailed.

I wouldn't want to be a farmer these days, I cannot believe some of the government policies that persuade them not to grow food, GREEN policies gone mad.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I wouldn't want to be a farmer these days, I cannot believe some of the government policies that persuade them not to grow food, GREEN policies gone mad.
But get paid more than current crop prices would yield?

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
But get paid more than current crop prices would yield?
and it's relatively risk free. Get paid more, close to no risk - bingo.

Sad

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:55 AM
Reaction score
View attachment 7817325

Door seal is loose for about 100mm.
Thank you. So this is underneath door near the pillar that holds the rear door?
This should be glued shouldn't it?
I ve got this issue sometimes at my spouses Ford Focus - Need to refix it from time to time. But that should definitely not happen on a new car and in particular not on one that has a wading depth of 800mm / 31.5 inches

Will you fix it yourself or visit your friendly agent?

Mitchell300

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you. So this is underneath door near the pillar that holds the rear door?
This should be glued shouldn't it?
I ve got this issue sometimes at my spouses Ford Focus - Need to refix it from time to time. But that should definitely not happen on a new car and in particular not on one that has a wading depth of 800mm / 31.5 inches

Will you fix it yourself or visit your friendly agent?
If the software updates soon I’ll maybe leave it for the dealer. If not then I’ll do it myself.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
We had that here last night, so I think I'm going to have a careful look over the outside and then get in through the rear passenger doors to check the front footwells are completely dry before opening the front doors from the inside.

I thought there was already a revised seal available, a 2nd production version. Is yours a reference to that or possibly a 3rd version?
I talked to a dealer last weak who told me that at specific parking position (more than 10 degrees to one side) they had a problem with the front part of the seal where only a little bit of pressure is setting on the seal from the glass.
He told me that they wait for a solution. So I don’t think that it yet exists. But all info is second hand, so I can not be sure about it.

Del

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:55 AM
Reaction score
Just came across this thread. I noticed the other day that I had water inside the door on the internal sill near the hinge - not enough to be worried about but I shall certainly check it out.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I talked to a dealer last weak who told me that at specific parking position (more than 10 degrees to one side) they had a problem with the front part of the seal where only a little bit of pressure is setting on the seal from the glass.
He told me that they wait for a solution. So I don’t think that it yet exists. But all info is second hand, so I can not be sure about it.
What seal - door seal (inner / outer) ? I am a bit confused because of pressure to glass.. - or do you mean another seal?

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Maybe we can ask @emax to drive thtough the car wash at 10° to one side to verify?

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Maybe we can ask @emax to drive thtough the car wash at 10° to one side to verify?
Hm.. if this is a joke.. perhaps a proper try would be park the Gren with some grade. and use a hose or a spray gun attached to hose and simulate this. I had to assist my dad in such cases ( mostly Peugeot, Renault and Volkswagens where water was inside mostly from windscreen gaskets and sometimes door sill gasket or ventilation systems.. in one case it was the channel from steering where water was coming into pax cabin.
So use a garden hose or spray gun attached to and then try to find it..

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Well, of course that was a joke (relating to @emax' attempts to defend his venture through a car wash in the other thread covering the water ingress topic). Apart from that, I think that this is a serious issue that should be solved. Water in a new car shouldn't happen, no matter the price (or self imposed standards of the manufacturer).

Back
Top Bottom