The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Wet feet

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:29 AM
Reaction score
I will check the next days when the biblical rain from England arrives here.
Besides the doors seal there seems to be a problem with the seal of the safari windows. It occurs when the car is parked at a certain angel. One dealer told me that there will be a service campaign for that in the future (probably bringing some more pressure on the front parts of the seal.)

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:29 AM
Reaction score
I will check the next days when the biblical rain from England arrives here.
We had that here last night, so I think I'm going to have a careful look over the outside and then get in through the rear passenger doors to check the front footwells are completely dry before opening the front doors from the inside.
Besides the doors seal there seems to be a problem with the seal of the safari windows. It occurs when the car is parked at a certain angel. One dealer told me that there will be a service campaign for that in the future (probably bringing some more pressure on the front parts of the seal.)
I thought there was already a revised seal available, a 2nd production version. Is yours a reference to that or possibly a 3rd version?

Local time
1:29 AM
Reaction score
This is a problem. I hope you figure this out. This can be a deal breaker for me for sure.
100%
This is a big one for me. Between this and the other guy with water in the footwell (maybe AC line). I dont like the idea of spending that amount of money and having this type of problem.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
100%
This is a big one for me. Between this and the other guy with water in the footwell (maybe AC line). I dont like the idea of spending that amount of money and having this type of problem.
No problems with mine last night and we had 55mm of water (just over 2 inches).......:)

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I had a late model Ford Ranger not long back, and a single missing rubber grommit was missing from the front LH door - water in rain was able to seep slowly to the footwell of the LH passener and behind to the rear seating area. Was a pain to find as it required removal of the seals by the dealer. Be curious to see how this is fixed by IA.

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I double checked the door seals and on the outer door seal (drivers side), it has failed because there was a kink in the seal. The outer seal is stuck on using adhesive tape and it’s come undone. So I’ve stuck it back down and will do a hose test. The outer door seal may need changing if it comes undone again.

Attachments

• F79D5305-CD4F-4C2B-8275-7283A9C82E00.jpeg
    F79D5305-CD4F-4C2B-8275-7283A9C82E00.jpeg
    129 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_5458.MOV
    6.5 MB
Last edited:

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I double checked the door seals and on the outer door seal (drivers side), it has failed because there was a kink in the seal. The outer seal is stuck on using adhesive tape and it’s come undone. So I’ve stuck it back down and will do a hose test. The outer door seal may need changing if it comes undone again. I post a video next.
Gosh, it left the dealers like that or maybe a later mishap? Hopefully the re-stick works!

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I double checked the door seals and on the outer door seal (drivers side), it has failed because there was a kink in the seal.
I've seen one with this kink in person, and there's been at least one other posted online.

The in person one was just pushed back into shape. It was on the rear right passenger door.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
They all seem to have the V shape. My pet theory is that the rubber seal is sticking to the metal and the action of opening the door is causing this gap.

Maybe the warm weather is a contributing factor, as is stickiness of the rubber used in the seal vs the lower adhesion of the glue to hold it in place.

Earthwatcher

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It's the optional dog wash. You stands your pooch under the sill, open the door, woosh, job done. Except it's not really funny is it. If it had the safari windows my money would have been on one of the seals. If it's any consolation this happened to a Porsche I sold in order to buy the Grenadier, a little nick in the sunroof seal. In truth I've had no problems so far with the Grenadier but it's distressing to read of those who have. We had torrential rain last night so I've just checked and the footwells are as dry as a bone.

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:29 AM
Reaction score
Mines exactly like this too. Drivers side. Water gushing out from the door sill when you open the door. Inside is dry.
I double checked the door seals and on the outer door seal (drivers side), it has failed because there was a kink in the seal. The outer seal is stuck on using adhesive tape and it’s come undone. So I’ve stuck it back down and will do a hose test. The outer door seal may need changing if it comes undone again.
Adhesive tape? I would have thought that something built to last would be snapped in.

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Adhesive tape? I would have thought that something built to last would be snapped in.

Slightly different perspective for me - a stuck on door seal means I can buy it buy the roll and replace it with a similar-profiled seal from Amazon; a clipped-in seal means I need an Ineos part number that may or may not be available in the future.

I didn’t experience this, although I had quite a lot of rain in the first week I had my car, but I had some water infiltration in the dashboard air vents.
Tonight it rained quite a bit, I checked both sides of the car (inside) but nothing to be seen.
I hope to have some long heavy rains in the upcoming weeks to wet my garden and check the Grenadier issues.

Water in via the air vents seems like a problem. Any time water sits in places I can't see, I get nervous about things like rust and mould. Has your agent given any guidance on what they are going to do to fix that issue, or is that regarded as normal?

And now, the jokes:

We all wanted the spiritual successor to the Land Rover Defender and between water in the footwells and water coming through the dash vents, I think Ineos has done a superb job of really capturing that particular part of the experience. All they need to do is add the Oil Pan Drip accessory - a special type of sump plug that lets a drop out every few minutes or so, which also gives you an analog way of checking the oil because if it ain't dripping it's empty - and they'll have nailed the whole experience.

Most folks have to spend big bucks to add on-board water to their touring rigs, but Ineos has it included. THAT is built on purpose.

Okay that's all I have until after lunch. Jokes aside I'm genuinely sorry that some folks are experiencing this water ingress; I suspect these kinds of teething problems are not uncommon on new-model vehicles of all stripes and while it stings to pay big bucks and experience them, I think the most important question is what lengths Ineos is willing to go to make them right. I'd be keen to hear how they respond; generally speaking the inside of the vehicle should be dry at all times unless I am intentionally hosing it out from dirt and mud.

Last edited:

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Not checked my door seals as only just seen this, so will do it tomorrow.

However I do wonder if something has changed as last night we have horrendous rain which I was driving in for about two hours. When I pulled up nothing. I hadn’t actually driven in the rain before so was eager to see if it had accumulated….no water present.

The vehicle was parked up over night and it absolutely tipped it down with rain. This time the IG was parked on an uphill gradient, instead of completely flat like it had been on the two previous times it had rained. This morning absolutely no water ingress !!

Could it have been a flattened or out of shape seal that has moved ? I do t know, if it was I didn’t see it before and I was looking for something like that.

To clarify it’s only the drivers door (RHD) and there has been no water ingress into the footwell with mine.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score

I do t want to sound like if you have been to Tenerife, then I have been to Elevenerife, but I had significantly more water than that after an over night down pour.

I have tried uploading the video but it’s a no go for my technical skills. I think it should be a simple fix once identified exactly what and where it is. I am not losing sleep over it tbh.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I do t want to sound like if you have been to Tenerife, then I have been to Elevenerife, but I had significantly more water than that after an over night down pour.

I have tried uploading the video but it’s a no go for my technical skills. I think it should be a simple fix once identified exactly what and where it is. I am not losing sleep over it tbh.
Reach out to @Stu_Barnes - he can get the file from you and upload it to YouTube

Reactions: Max
Local time
Reaction score
No problems with mine last night and we had 55mm of water (just over 2 inches).......:)
That is nice to hear. I am in WA state, and am paranoid about this. I don't think I would hear the end of it from my wife if this type of thing happened. I am hoping that this is only a few that have gone out. (obviously not fun for the people who have the issue) But, if it is a relatively isolated issue that would release a lot of apprehension.

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:29 PM
Reaction score
That is nice to hear. I am in WA state, and am paranoid about this. I don't think I would hear the end of it from my wife if this type of thing happened. I am hoping that this is only a few that have gone out. (obviously not fun for the people who have the issue) But, if it is a relatively isolated issue that would release a lot of apprehension.
Being in WA , western australia, would think water not such a big issue 😉

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
We had that here last night, so I think I'm going to have a careful look over the outside and then get in through the rear passenger doors to check the front footwells are completely dry before opening the front doors from the inside.
So no water in mine - and you can see clearly where the water gets behind the closed door but is unable to penetrate the outer door seal:
WP_20230619_10_11_00_Pro.jpg

Back
Top Bottom