The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Wet feet

Tarheel

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:55 AM
Reaction score
I picked up my 2nd Gren yesterday. This one has gaskets that are non adherent in spots also. I don't know if boot wash affect occurs, will water test this weekend.

I inspected the 3 showroom cars and the 3 waiting to be delivered and all of them had same issue with the gaskets.

I met and tallked with service manager. He implied the gasket issue is present on most vehicles, most people don't notice it. When brought to shop fir fix they clean area and reattach with a 3M adhesive. For boot wash issue they move a portion of the front gasket area forwrard to create better seal(on front doors).

Also of interest, the new Gren had the tow hitch and new software. The infotainment and controls seemed more responsive (improved).

Service manager said they should start retrofitting tow package and flashing software on early grens in a few weeks.
After an good wash and rainstorm, the 2nd gren does not have the boot wash problem.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I've been getting the boot wash every now and again - not much water inside - but definitely got a splash on the feet the other day.

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I had ordered 2.
😻 😻 - the cats have to have their own correct. Great to hear that the second one is doing great! (Think I had been reading so much negative issues my mind leapt to the first having significant problems). Any advancement on the Show room? Did they give you at least a Key Fob this go around??
:giggle:

Tarheel

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
😻 😻 - the cats have to have their own correct. Great to hear that the second one is doing great! (Think I had been reading so much negative issues my mind leapt to the first having significant problems). Any advancement on the Show room? Did they give you at least a Key Fob this go around??
:giggle:
Ha! No free key fob, they are still having some growing pains, but Jason the GM is excellent and responsive if you are having issues. I love the Grens! I've been waiting 4 1/2 years for these beasts since I first heard about them. They may have some quirks, but that's the same reason I loved the Landrover Series/Defenders and early Saabs. The old Saabnet and landrover forums supported an incredible community and I think this forum will do the same for many decades to come.

DrewB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:55 AM
Reaction score
So am I the only one with the boot rinse option ??

RHD, drivers door

The UK has seen some decent rainfall in the last couple of days. After this I have noticed (it’s hard not to), when the drivers door is opened that a wave of water gushes out from the bottom door cill and rinses your shoes, or boots off, whilst this may be handy to some people, it’s just another niggle that I have come across, and another one I don’t favour to be honest.

It is clearly coming in higher up and then being held by the lower door seals which are doing their job but in reverse if you get my drift. The water is being captured ready for the poor driver to open the door and get the full on Ineos boot rinse function.

Whilst this is annoying my thoughts have gone to, what if the vehicle is left for a few days, will this eventually back up and flood the drivers footwell ??

Where is it coming from ? I wonder based on purely a hunch is it anything to do with the RAI (which mine has)

Just taken a still from a video, hopefully you can see the water coming out as the door is cracked open.
Yes mine has the boot rinse option and also now the water bath in the driver’s footwell after particularly heavy rain. Booked into dealer to try and solve the problem. First question was did I have safari windows. Answer no just the boot wash option. Has yours been fixed?

Reactions: PBD

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes mine has the boot rinse option and also now the water bath in the driver’s footwell after particularly heavy rain. Booked into dealer to try and solve the problem. First question was did I have safari windows. Answer no just the boot wash option. Has yours been fixed?
Given we are on page 19 of this discussion, I'm sure it has been described much but to save me the time of scanning, could you describe for me what you are experiencing please ... think I had a minor experience the other day. So I did have some interior rain drops in my cargo area (side panel sills) and fortunately that has not repeated (so far 🤞 but not holding breath ☺️) Thank you in advance!

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Hi folks.

Well mine went in today for the update (yes I think I was the last person at my dealership to get it). Whilst there, a few snagging jobs were to be completed, including the boot wash deletion process.

The upshot is, it hasn’t been sorted, this wasn’t because the dealer couldn’t be bothered or failed to fix it, but there is something in the pipeline (no pun intended). It’s been explained that they have been fitting new seals to affected vehicles which has been solving the issue. However when they claimed for a similar process last week, IA contacted them and said “have you not seen the latest bulletin”.

The newer was no, and they still don’t know what the bulletin entails and are waiting/trying to find out. When they know I will have the work completed.

Seeing as I have already done winter and fingers crossed things will be getting drier I am happy to wait and hopefully get the best fix. It was noted that my door seal was adrift in the bottom corner nearest to the hinge.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:55 PM
Reaction score
No chance of mine giving wet feet from the door seals.
Ineos took it upon themselves to cut teo bloody big holes in the seals of each door before delivery.

Attachments

• IMG_5664.jpeg
    IMG_5664.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 62

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ineos took it upon themselves to cut teo bloody big holes in the seals of each door before delivery.
Yep, that's exactly what they did with mine

Bobby Mac

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
As I’ve said elsewhere, I’m not convinced the door seal is the problem - I’ve had my vehicle almost eight months and never had boot wash problems until just recently, and then it’s only the driver’s door. When I checked it out I noticed the door seal has become unstuck from the door on the lower forward corner of the door. The rest of the vehicle is still fine - seals sticking to doors and no bootwash problems. Therefore I maintain it is a door seal to door attachment fault. The other thing I noted was that prior to bootwash development, the firm door slam had to be employed to close the door properly - that is no longer the case as it is obviously not as airtight. Surely it can’t be too hard to find a suitable method to adhere the door seal to the door as originally designed, and not do a stop gap chop of the seal?

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
As I’ve said elsewhere, I’m not convinced the door seal is the problem - I’ve had my vehicle almost eight months and never had boot wash problems until just recently, and then it’s only the driver’s door. When I checked it out I noticed the door seal has become unstuck from the door on the lower forward corner of the door. The rest of the vehicle is still fine - seals sticking to doors and no bootwash problems. Therefore I maintain it is a door seal to door attachment fault. The other thing I noted was that prior to bootwash development, the firm door slam had to be employed to close the door properly - that is no longer the case as it is obviously not as airtight. Surely it can’t be too hard to find a suitable method to adhere the door seal to the door as originally designed, and not do a stop gap chop of the seal?
I seem to only have the "Bootwash" feature on passenger side (LHD vehicle) - that was after a heavy rain - keep my feet well away as I opened the door - it was a waterfall!! 😂 . Checked drivers's side - no issue. I have the 1/2 circle punch out on both doors. Vehicle was parked on level ground.

Bobby Mac

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I seem to only have the "Bootwash" feature on passenger side (LHD vehicle) - that was after a heavy rain - keep my feet well away as I opened the door - it was a waterfall!! 😂 . Checked drivers's side - no issue. I have the 1/2 circle punch out on both doors. Vehicle was parked on level ground.
Have you checked to see if the door seal is securely adhered to to the door on the bootwash side?

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Have you checked to see if the door seal is securely adhered to to the door on the bootwash side?
It appeared to be. This was a uniform "downpour" across the entire door sill. Door wasn't completely wide open. Didn't appear to come from the top as there was no indication of water within the passenger side except for the drops from the top of the vehicle frame. Will be more eagle eye next time there is a worthy rain storm. ☺️

RobS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Same here. Passenger side. 1/2 circles punched on bottom of seal. Like @Bobby Mac my seal is not glued to door in the lower forward corner. My truck is scheduled for servicing on April 9th. Just adding this to the list of things to repair.

Deekayy

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:55 AM
Reaction score
Just because it is so nice I tried the trick again…
Same here: Left hand drive vehicle and about that same amount of water between the inner and outer door sills on the driver side.

In my case with a good portion of Sahara sand... So I can at least say my Grenadier has some desert under the belt already...

Attachments

• IMG_0735_small.jpeg
    IMG_0735_small.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0736_small.jpeg
    IMG_0736_small.jpeg
    973.8 KB · Views: 36

Deekayy

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:55 AM
Reaction score
Same here: Left hand drive vehicle and about that same amount of water between the inner and outer door sills on the driver side.

In my case with a good portion of Sahara sand... So I can at least say my Grenadier has some desert under the belt already...
I may have found the issue. The outer door sill is about 15 cm loose. See image. The water seems to ingress here and run down.

Attachments

• IMG_0741_small.jpeg
    IMG_0741_small.jpeg
    394.1 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0742_small.jpeg
    IMG_0742_small.jpeg
    562.9 KB · Views: 30

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I may have found the issue. The outer door sill is about 15 cm loose. See image. The water seems to ingress here and run down.
Just use some alcohol wipes to clean the area, heat gun to warm up the adhesive and stick back down. Job done. Don’t need to put holes in the seals. Done mine and never come off since.

Back
Top Bottom