The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Wet feet

Local time
8:12 PM
Reaction score
I had the cills fill up on an Old Ford Ranger years ago, like you have mentioned on another thread it was obvious something was going on as it sound like I was driving a milk tanker. It was not immediately obvious to me where it was coming from but once I identified the problem I just pulled out two rubber bungs under the cills and a good bucket full came out, I wasn’t particularly bothered as I paid 60 TIMES less than I did for the IG !!!!!

@CountyV8, is there similar bungs for the IG, how did you drain it ?
Yes there are 3bungs 2round and1oval one they are rubber don’t confuse with hard plastic ones

Lemon35

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
12:12 PM
Reaction score
Heavy rain today and I got the boot wash for the first time. Even with dealer made cuts on the outer rubber gasket. No water intrusion into the vehicle footwell.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Heavy rain today and I got the boot wash for the first time. Even with dealer made cuts on the outer rubber gasket. No water intrusion into the vehicle footwell.
While showing my father in law the truck on Friday in a heavy downpour I had a huge torrent run off the passenger gutter into the front passenger footwell. Gonna have to watch that one. Not even sure how the water was running because it happened so quick. I think it runs off the front of the gutter then when it hits the a pillar the downward flow causes it to hook into the open door.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
5:12 AM
Reaction score
While showing my father in law the truck on Friday in a heavy downpour I had a huge torrent run off the passenger gutter into the front passenger footwell. Gonna have to watch that one. Not even sure how the water was running because it happened so quick. I think it runs off the front of the gutter then when it hits the a pillar the downward flow causes it to hook into the open door.
It does. And you will see the rubber corner gutter piece has a very small and angled channel, thus water can build up if the channel isn't probed from time to time to help drainage.
Take the piece off ( 1 screw) and check it out.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It does. And you will see the rubber corner gutter piece has a very small and angled channel, thus water can build up if the channel isn't probed from time to time to help drainage.
Take the piece off ( 1 screw) and check it out.
I'm certain it isn't plugged as the truck had showroom miles plus the drive home on it at that point, but will keep an eye on it for sure!

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I'm certain it isn't plugged as the truck had showroom miles plus the drive home on it at that point, but will keep an eye on it for sure!
I also think being a big gutter it accumulates water , esp when parked at certain angles.

Tarheel

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:12 PM
Reaction score
Curious to know answer to above, and in addition, has anybody had the improved door gaskets installed by Ineos under warranty? Were they successful in stopping water accumulation?

RYAustralia

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Curious to know answer to above, and in addition, has anybody had the improved door gaskets installed by Ineos under warranty? Were they successful in stopping water accumulation?
Yep. I just had my passenger side done and it’s fixed now. Fingers crossed it lasts. It’s only been 2 days since I got it back.

acwiltshire

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I did not have the water wash, but the door seals became detached from the door due to poor glue. They were replaced on recall and THEN i got wet feet. So the dealer sanctioned cutting a hole in each of the new seals which I did as directed. So now no wet feet but presuming there will be another recall.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
NA owners - I know some of you have boot wash, is more with or without?

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Mine have the holes in the bottom of the gaskets, no wet feet, no wet carpet.

VIN: 006478

Local time
8:12 PM
Reaction score
Have. had this its a known issue my dealer simply replaced. the. seal on. the door and have no problems since just get them to change it .

Back
Top Bottom