The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

PTO-2 Underside

Igfan

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
6:42 PM
Reaction score

Dunno if other people have seen this but at around 5:20 there is a view of the underside of a PTO-2 vehicle. It looks to me like the lower control arm mounts have been substantially streamlined. It might be the dark colour but They look flush with some of the other underbody components.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I think I have seen a PTO-2 and when I looked underneath they certainly looked different and less obtrusive

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:42 AM
Reaction score

Dunno if other people have seen this but at around 5:20 there is a view of the underside of a PTO-2 vehicle. It looks to me like the lower control arm mounts have been substantially streamlined. It might be the dark colour but They look flush with some of the other underbody components.
I was part way through watching it and saw your post. Spoiler alert! Now I don't want to watch the rest

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:42 PM
Reaction score
I am not sure but it looks definetly different. Is it possible that they installed a fender plate between the two control arms going upwards ( 5 cm) and forward (40cm) from the lowest point? so the control arms do not stay allone that deep and there are fewer hard edges

Caladan

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
Very interesting video. I'm impressed with the appearance of the interior spec; the design is very clean/simple and yet somehow upscale. Thanks for linking this video.

WhiteBear

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The front bumper seems to have grown. It is much more protuding than on the cars seen before, I estimate 5-7cm more.
Does not look good and I hope this will not be final.

stickshifter

Reservation Holder
Local time
10:42 PM
Reaction score
The forward mounting points for the rear control arms seem much more tucked-up and flush with the frame than in earlier prototypes. Its hard to tell for sure just from the video, but this seems to be a really significant change - perhaps based off all the feedback online?

I agree with blueTdi - the front bumper seems to be sticking out (forward) much more than in previous models.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I hope this will not be final.
So do I. :confused:

Proportions are completely out of balance.

- Makes the car longer which might be bad on ferries.
- Worse upon parking
- Ugly

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Great seat for my large arse. Offside or nearside, decisions decisions.

WhiteBear

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'm not sure you know, here are a couple of pics of earlier cars plus a screen grab of the PTO-2, it maybe just the camera angle???

Hmmm. I fear, you are right. Did not notice the large bumper when I saw the car in real. Anyway, we have to take it as they deliver it, but I will not like it.

stickshifter

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
The G-Wagon does not seem to have a bumper that protrudes as far. Perhaps this image of a G-Wagon is from a country that does not have the same regulations that Ineos is trying to satisfy? I wonder if bumpers will vary from market to market.

g_wagon.jpg

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hmmm. I fear, you are right. Did not notice the large bumper when I saw the car in real. Anyway, we have to take it as they deliver it, but I will not like it.
Perhaps a good sign you didn't notice it, perhaps it blends in more than the photos make out. Time will tell.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I see it like blueTdi. Maybe it looks different depending on where the light comes from.

It seems anyway a bit deeper to me on the red nosed car.

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
PTO-2? I‘ve heard of 2B? Is PTO-2 production? Aren’t at least a few 2023 models out yet? If they aren’t out by the end of Sept, we have a problem.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
There are definitely different bumpers in different countries. I remember e.g. the old US Audis 5000 had more massive bumpers than the German ones which were named Audi 100.

US Version Audi 5000 C3:

1990_Audi_100_front_(USA).jpg

German Version Audi 100 C3:

Audi_100_C3_front_20080228.jpg

Last edited:

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
PTO: Production TryOut

Local time
Reaction score
Hi all have taken stills from the video and lightened the shadows so we can see the details I apologise for the quality but you can see that the bttm links are different and is that a skid plate please look at the transfer box did I see fins like a motorbike cylinder head??Gren bash11.jpgGren new sus mount11.jpg

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I see the reflectors on the side of the bumper, normally that means a USA spec to me. I wonder if they have just one size fits all bumper to save costs.

We all get a larger size bumper ? It does look quite big, however I spent quite a bit of time looking at one recently and although it is big I didn’t really notice it as being bulbous.

Now you have pointed it out, I cant unsee it 😆

Back
Top Bottom