The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

3rd party Videos PTO-2 Underside

Local time
4:22 PM
Reaction score
Hello, Yes I've got a bit of range anxiety around my order. Anyway I went looking for possibilities and found the following links.

https://www.marinedirect.com.au/water-fuel-tanks-rigid-marine-quality/~-150

There could be one that fits in all this lot. However we need photos of the underside from a hoist to get an idea of whats possible. An ARB or Brown Davis fuel tank is really the answer.

Failing that the dual cab version have more space under it or in the tray eh?

Local time
4:22 PM
Reaction score
Well I found some photo's. Looks as though after moving a few bits you might get an additional tank between the prop shaft and the chassis rail.
Any other ideas?

3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg2.jpg1.jpg

Local time
9:22 AM
Reaction score
Hi Grey Nomad,
"Igfan" posted this video at the start of this thread - but I thought I'd re-post, since it seems relevant. If you go to 5:23 the camera goes under the Grenadier and we get a good view of the undercarriage. I think this version of the Grenadier is a more recent prototype than the one in the first four images you posted. What seems most different are the forward mounts for the rear control arms. In the older version (in your photos) the brackets for the mounting point seem to hang much lower than in the newer version. It looks like they welded a big skid-plate in front of each mounting point in the older prototype - probably because it hung so low - but in the newer prototype in the video, the mounting points seem much more tucked-up to the frame.

Last edited:
Local time
Reaction score
As took these piics
I thought I would repost them they were taken of the silver Piininfarina prototype in the uk in Sep2021

Attachments

• Gren TC.jpg
    Gren TC.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 40
  • Gren Rear Diff.jpg
    Gren Rear Diff.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 42

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
10:22 AM
Reaction score
It's a whisky bar.

You urgently need this, if you've drunk too much whisky.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:22 PM
Reaction score
It's a whisky bar.

You urgently need this, if you've drunk too much whisky.
In Australia we will be leaning on that, talking and resting our drinks on the bonnet and chequerplate on the front wings. We will be telling tall tales (lies) about our sporting, drinking and romantic conquests and we will be at peace with the world. There will be no women nearby. As it should be.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
In Australia we will be leaning on that, talking and resting our drinks on the bonnet and chequerplate on the front wings. We will be telling tall tales (lies) about our sporting, drinking and romantic conquests and we will be at peace with the world. There will be no women nearby. As it should be.
We may well be about to enjoy a roo steak or 2 , grilled or otherwise!

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
surely some room on the bbq for shrimps?

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
All correct except I like having women around.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
PTO-2? I‘ve heard of 2B? Is PTO-2 production? Aren’t at least a few 2023 models out yet? If they aren’t out by the end of Sept, we have a problem.
They are production try outs. So basically a pretty much final vehicle from the main factory but not a customer vehicle and still potentially subject to final tweaks.

WhiteBear

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:22 AM
Reaction score
No roo bar here, but women at the whisky bar.
If this is better remains a long discussed questions. Some say so, and some go with a woman to the next bar. Traitors. 😁

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
from UK Gov website;

It is not illegal for vehicles to be fitted with bull bars, although the department would not recommend their fitment unless it has been shown, through compliance with specified safety standards, that they do not pose an additional risk of injury to pedestrians or other vulnerable road users.

There are no plans for legislation to require bull bars that are already fitted to be removed. However, since 25 May 2007, it has been an offence for bull bars that have not been approved as compliant with those safety standards to be sold. Approved devices will carry an indelible ‘e’ mark (for example: e1 01 1471).

end

looking at 'e' mark ones it's just one of those naff (imo) looking small central ones.

'recommend' is not the same as saying illegal to fit. same as to be sold is not the same as acquired or given. not sure if legal loophole or not

Disco Dave

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Was sitting with my son in law the other morning at a bush campsite. We were having a quite breakfast of toasted bacon and egg buns, with a beer to wash it down. The day before we had driven for 13 hours, the last 10 in low range. I said to him, “we love our women, but sometimes it is great not to have them around”.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
thats one helluva long time in low. would be like us driving from London to Swansea in low - sub your avg speed of course

Back
Top Bottom